3.0 Slayer phys CycloneR [1mill dps, 7,2k life, Shaper, Uber Atziri deletion - NEW VIDEOS UP!]

"
gangwars90 wrote:
My question is whats the best enchant for the helmet?? Cyclone atack speed or cyclone damage???

I would say pretty equal... From the PoB link the guy gave on page 6-ish, I tried it with both enchantment and they were pretty close with IAS being the winner...
thats good because helmets with attack speed enchant are much cheaper

wanted to thank the Autor for the great build.. tried different builds, discharge too,
this build makes really nice damage. i mean i oneshot nearly everything, t10-t12 bosses too.
sure some bosses are not so good for us as a melee but 80% are oneshot
Last edited by gangwars90 on Aug 21, 2017, 6:55:46 AM
"
Kitaen wrote:
"
fubgun wrote:
Not true, with 3.0 this build out scales Ngamahu's, at the cost of being more expensive. Ngamahu's now is mostly just really good for a starter cyclone, all you need is Ngamahu's, since you can take avatar of fire.

This build also clears slightly faster, since you get more AoE on your cyclone.

The thing is where DPS actually matters (shaper/guardians) is where Ngamahu's goes down, A phys build barely loses any DPS while an elemental build loses a lot, and Ngamahu's just doesn't have enough pen. Ngamahu's Loses something like 45% dps vs shaper while this phys cyclone loses about 20% and thats with Ngamahu's using flammability/wise oak.

For some reason 99% of the guides on this forum completely ignore shaper DPS and only go off "white mob" dps, which is completely irrelevant since you only need like 30k dps to 1 shot white mobs.

i can assure you i will completely shatter any dps you bring up on any boss / trash mob with my nagamahus. i am on roughly 2.1 million dps vs the shaper with flasks up, that is dps a starforge/atziri build can dream of versus white mobs

edit: 6.1k life + fortify

Don't see where you are getting 2.1m from, checked your PoE profile.

I have all flask turned on, point blank enabled for molten burst proc and onslaught on. assuming you non-stop cyclone at your 7.50 attack speed you will proc 1.5 molten burst a second for an average of 7.5 projectiles a second, doing about 383k dps a second, while your cyclone only does 257k dps, only being 640k total. I have no idea where you are getting 2.1m dps. This number also assumes if the enemy is covered in ash, which realistically won't be 100% up time on shaper.

I don't have frenzy charges/killed recently on.

Last edited by fubgun on Aug 21, 2017, 9:52:06 AM
wooops, double post sorry
IGN: Kitaen
Last edited by Kitaen on Aug 21, 2017, 10:10:33 AM
"
fubgun wrote:
"
Kitaen wrote:
"
fubgun wrote:
Not true, with 3.0 this build out scales Ngamahu's, at the cost of being more expensive. Ngamahu's now is mostly just really good for a starter cyclone, all you need is Ngamahu's, since you can take avatar of fire.

This build also clears slightly faster, since you get more AoE on your cyclone.

The thing is where DPS actually matters (shaper/guardians) is where Ngamahu's goes down, A phys build barely loses any DPS while an elemental build loses a lot, and Ngamahu's just doesn't have enough pen. Ngamahu's Loses something like 45% dps vs shaper while this phys cyclone loses about 20% and thats with Ngamahu's using flammability/wise oak.

For some reason 99% of the guides on this forum completely ignore shaper DPS and only go off "white mob" dps, which is completely irrelevant since you only need like 30k dps to 1 shot white mobs.

i can assure you i will completely shatter any dps you bring up on any boss / trash mob with my nagamahus. i am on roughly 2.1 million dps vs the shaper with flasks up, that is dps a starforge/atziri build can dream of versus white mobs

edit: 6.1k life + fortify

Don't see where you are getting 2.1m from, checked your PoE profile.

I have all flask turned on, point blank enabled for molten burst proc. assuming you non-stop cyclone at your 7.00 attack speed you will proc 1.8 molten burst a second for an average of 9 projectiles a second, doing about 380k dps a second, while your cyclone only does 200k dps, only being 580k total. I have no idea where you are getting 2.1m dps.

I don't have onslaught/frenzy charges/killed recently on for shaper. but i also didn't have these on for this build as well, and will give similar dps to both builds. I believe onslaught is the only realistic one to get, as you do get it from the add in between shaper phases.

i'll link you the path of building pastebin and explain:
https://pastebin.com/stVEPW32

that is (with charges, flasks, onslaught and recently killed):
1 284 676 dps with cyclone dps vs the shaper
+ 58 000 per molten*9 = 522 000 aproximately at 1.65 times per second = 861 300

1284676 + 861300 = 2 145 976 dps with flask and charges.

if i compare that to an absolute endgame geared atziri build (that is very close to yours plus perfect weapon stats, ideal jewels and 21 skills) i get this:
https://pastebin.com/jERaqX3R

also including flasks and charges, onslaught and recently killed we have the following numbers:
an impressive 1 270 000 dps dps no doubt but quite frankly not even close to the ngahmahus numbers

feel free to correct me on any math i did wrong. i personally would LOVE a starforge/atziri build to be ahead, but in reality that is not the case :(
Last edited by Kitaen on Aug 21, 2017, 10:06:56 AM
here some questions about our physical build:
whats better in the end: flame golem or lightning golem?
is dmg on full life better then faster attacks?
I was wondering if you might have any advice for my current build https://pastebin.com/MBEe6mTi
I feel like my damage is good enough but I get killed quite a bit!
Last edited by shayword on Aug 21, 2017, 3:43:33 PM
"
i'll link you the path of building pastebin and explain:
https://pastebin.com/stVEPW32

that is (with charges, flasks, onslaught and recently killed):
1 284 676 dps with cyclone dps vs the shaper
+ 58 000 per molten*9 = 522 000 aproximately at 1.65 times per second = 861 300

1284676 + 861300 = 2 145 976 dps with flask and charges.

if i compare that to an absolute endgame geared atziri build (that is very close to yours plus perfect weapon stats, ideal jewels and 21 skills) i get this:
https://pastebin.com/jERaqX3R

also including flasks and charges, onslaught and recently killed we have the following numbers:
an impressive 1 270 000 dps dps no doubt but quite frankly not even close to the ngahmahus numbers

feel free to correct me on any math i did wrong. i personally would LOVE a starforge/atziri build to be ahead, but in reality that is not the case :(

Some things i notice.

1st: On your Ngamahu's you had Intimidated turned on when you had no way to Intimidate.

2nd: Your phys cyclone tree is not even close to optimal, you do not need lech nodes as phys cyclone, went for an extra point in the AoE node which is also not taken, only 3 prop jewels(don't need int), plus your gear is not the same as this builds, your using vuln over herald of ash, curses in general give little dmg vs shaper, it's just a different disfavour build all together tbh.

Here is a quick 5 minute change i did to your phys cyclone, i'm sure i could make it more optimal with more time.(Do note the resist are gonna be off and probably will have to change the rare items since i just quickly switched the neck).

Since you used belly, you might as well run a 6 link warchief, netting a LOT of dmg and still getting 6.9k life. Achieving 1.46m cyclone dps and 882k warchief dps, combined together for a 2.35m dps, more than your 2.1m dps.

Having warchief up vs something like shaper is pretty realistic as well, if you have this much dps, it dies in like 5 seconds anyway, so it lives and vs white mobs you one shot them anyway so it doesn't matter if you have 2.1m dps or 1.4m dps for clear speed.

Anyway here is the link: https://pastebin.com/RbfwfGny (remember i'm sure i can make it a lot more optimal).

I highly dislike comparing 300ex builds to another 300ex build, as it's pretty pointless because such a few people will reach that point and everything dies in 1 second anyway. I always look for in the middle (so about 50ex for this phys cyclone), and in the middle the phys cyclone does out scale by quite a bit (just judging your build vs OP's minus retch).

EDIT: Saw you only had 3 prop jewels so i also went with 3 prop and added the lightning golem, ended with 2.2m dps instead, so not much of a difference.
Last edited by fubgun on Aug 21, 2017, 10:10:54 PM
well this was about gear we actually wear (your are not even close to resis cap with this btw) if i wanted to optimise my gear i'd also sit at

933000 molten
1524173 cyclone and
397k warchief

ending up at 2.85m
--> https://pastebin.com/iZX5mcpz
(forgot the equip the belt of the deceiver for whatever reason)

but yeah i get it, that comparison was NID in the first place since the scaling of most elemental builds is much higher usually

what it does show is that physical slayer is more than viable right now and is only trailing by a dismissable tiny margin that most players and their gear will never reach (or notice) anyway

great job on the build anyhow!

greetings,
Kitaen
Finally manage to get the retch this build is fun and pretty strong great job on the build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info