[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

Worth multimodding ? 2 T1 and T2 pen
Last edited by droodic on Apr 10, 2018, 2:56:44 PM
I'm confused by Yoke of Suffering on your build, ShadowGenisys. You mentioned having Poison applied as an ailment, but I don't see any chance to apply it anywhere on your build. Also have you figured out how to simulate its effects in Path of Building in any way? Or to better figure out how much shock is helping? I'm interested in the actual amount shock+yoke actual increases damage, since it's hard to tell by feel with how fast stuff dies anyway.

Here's my current gear of the LL ES version, switched over today and i really like it. Tried uber elder and ended up having to get it saved. My mechanics are obviously not on point. Still tweaking some things, but im at 8k ES rn, and everything looks alright. If you got suggestions just lmk.
"
trollzilla wrote:
[...]If you got suggestions just lmk.

I haven't played a LL build for a while, but here are a few things you could try:
- crafting faster ES recharge on your ring (Leo)
- comparing bated breath with your current belt
- getting a watcher's eye with (30-40)% faster start of ES Recharge while affected by Discipline
- running 2 curses (the node "whispers of doom" is not that far away)
Last edited by Mirchea on Apr 11, 2018, 1:12:38 AM
"
waved4sh wrote:
How does chill work after that rework? Does this build consistently chill Shaper? I can't really tell visually.

POB recently started saying that Hypothermia is more DPS than Cold Pen when I tick "enemy chilled," and I am REALLY skeptical if this is the right choice, either in theory or in practice.

POB's ranking of supports for me is:

1. Conc Effect
2. Trap and Mine Damage
3. Hypothermia
4. Cold Pen
5. Controlled Destruction
6. Crit Damage
7. Crit Chance

TL/DR: Trust in PoB (if your settings are correct)

Long version:
Hypothermia naturally surfaces only after checking its condition (enemy is chilled). It grants zero damage otherwise.
Penetration is always a special case for it works differently than the easy to understand MORE multipliers. Its benefit depends on the cold resist of the target. So if you choose the target to be the Shaper, this value becomes 40%. You can also set cold resist manually if you're interested in finding out at which value cold pen becomes better than your next best gem. Note that other sources of penetration or resist modification (Frost Bomb) stack additively with the support gem. So usually this support gem isn't worth it.

And one general thing, about chest coloring:

I don't get why so many of you spend insane amounts of currency to (off-)color certain chest pieces to have 5B1G.
I'd rather invest that currency in a 7L helmet, which is simply better than any unique chest as a host for GC. Only a shaped chest with + to gem levels could beat that.
edit: clarification
Spoiler
If that 7th link on the helmet is Inc AoE, the 6L chest will provide better damage due to quality of the socketed gems and potentially higher gem levels. I still think having Inc AoE as a bonus qualifies as "better". If you want the most damage, get a 7L helmet that also has "socketed spells have increased crit chance".

Also 4B2G would be much cheaper without really affecting damage output. Hypothermia is even more dps than Inc Crit in a Patchwerk situation. Inc Crit is just there to improve 1-shot-potential (reason from Windz is buried somewhere).
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Apr 11, 2018, 5:45:03 AM
"
d3sden0va wrote:
I'm confused by Yoke of Suffering on your build, ShadowGenisys. You mentioned having Poison applied as an ailment, but I don't see any chance to apply it anywhere on your build. Also have you figured out how to simulate its effects in Path of Building in any way? Or to better figure out how much shock is helping? I'm interested in the actual amount shock+yoke actual increases damage, since it's hard to tell by feel with how fast stuff dies anyway.

Atziri Flask, it makes us do chaos damage= poison on crit and we crit often.

Not yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dtgwl6Dr8A

Full Shaper health in 2 seconds. That's with 80% shock effectiveness and Yoke of Suffering with Shock.
Kill starts at 45 and finishes at 47.

Look at this health bar, you can clearly see that shock multiplier is being applied, especially when I dash away, a HUGE chunk of his health goes away.

Edit: Also shock amount ramps up.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on Apr 11, 2018, 8:57:40 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

so any chaos damage-crit applies a 2sec poison stack right?
so a jewel with x+ chaos dmg to spells should be enough to get the +5% from the Yoke ?
Last edited by faw on Apr 11, 2018, 9:38:00 AM
"
faw wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

so any chaos damage-crit applies a 2sec poison stack right?
so a jewel with x+ chaos dmg to spells should be enough to get the +5% from the Yoke ?

According to the wiki, chaos damage itself doesn't grant a chance to poison.

Quote:
A hit of damage that has a chance to poison is capable of inflicting poison. Only physical and chaos damage are able to inflict poison.

So neither the jewel nor Atziri's Promise should apply the ailment for Yoke.

Actually, looking at Yoke's wording, I'm afraid we don't get any ailment damage increase with our regular setup because it says "each type of ailment you have inflicted". The entity that deals damage is our mine. We don't take reflected damage, we don't get kill credit, how would we inflict ailments? Screw that, no need to speculate, it's right there in the wiki description.

And then there's another idea: How could we use a socket-group to apply all kinds of ailments on an enemy? We need to self-cast something. Could be super-Shield Charge in a 6L (let's say Farrul's Fur): Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - Poison Support - Chance to Ignite (which is 3G2R1B so basically native colors). Could replace Culling with Chance to Bleed.
Could be Orb of Storms - Chance to everything.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Apr 11, 2018, 11:27:28 AM
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
trollzilla wrote:
[...]If you got suggestions just lmk.

I haven't played a LL build for a while, but here are a few things you could try:
- crafting faster ES recharge on your ring (Leo)
- comparing bated breath with your current belt
- getting a watcher's eye with (30-40)% faster start of ES Recharge while affected by Discipline
- running 2 curses (the node "whispers of doom" is not that far away)

crafted the ES recharge on the ring, and got a watchers eye w/ those mod. Cant fit baited breath in due to me needing those res. Not sure i can fit curses in either way my current level.
I am having a bit of trouble with capping the resists, would it be silly to multi-craft resists on this helm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info