[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

Still on the Uber Elder hunt. Biggest problem for me so far with this build is the movement speed on boss fights. With the elder dagger, moving around with Shield Charge is clunky as fuck (compared to doing anything with Brightbeak). Gloves with Insanity could help, but maybe not that much? Farrul's Fur with a Frenzy node could also help. Maybe attack speed jewels, dunno. It feels like most of my deaths so far happened because of the lack of quick movement, and not lack of damage (although a shit ton of damage also helps avoid deaths).
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
Atziri Flask, it makes us do chaos damage= poison on crit and we crit often.

That's absolutely untrue. Poison and bleed don't work like the elemental status ailments.

Also the wiki says, as Solmyr pointed out:
"
Traps, mines, and totems will benefit from the enabled shock, since this is an offensive modifier. However, they will only benefit from Enemies take x% increased Damage if the ailment is applied by a self-cast skill due to the wording of you have inflicted.

So basically the shock is the only thing Yoke is actually giving us.

You do realise that I self cast frost bomb right? Unless you guy still use a cwdt link for FB even in uber boss fight (rather useless).

Edit: thought it would explain why PoB doesn't grant additional damage when chill/burning/ignite is ticked. Good catch.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on Apr 12, 2018, 3:40:14 AM
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
RedStark wrote:
How important is the ad mine from helmet?

Windz answered that in the first page.

"
windz wrote:
Grab a shaped helm with “place additional mine” mod. This mod is global and makes you place 4 mines instead of 3(with minefield). This mod alone is a 33% more damage and 100% more dmg if not using minefield.

Hmmm that last bit got my attention, "100% more dmg if not using minefield." Can we replace minefield gem with something else as a miner?
"
Kamelkungen wrote:
[...] I have a hard time to see that it would be 2-3ex of alts to hit additional mine. Unless I'm missing something

Fair point. It should be much cheaper this way.
Unless you're as "lucky" as me when it comes down to RNG (2500+ fuses on my carcass and still no 6L / 3000+ alt, tons of aug and regals on my 86 dagger yet no dual mod).

"
Can we replace minefield gem with something else as a miner?

I highly doubt it, unless you are willing to use a tremor's rod - due to the increased mine laying speed. Unfortunately, it comes with many disadvantages (2H, low dps, slow movement skill, another remote mine to mess up with your gem setup, etc).
Last edited by Mirchea on Apr 12, 2018, 5:12:08 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
You do realise that I self cast frost bomb right? Unless you guy still use a cwdt link for FB even in uber boss fight (rather useless).

Edit: thought it would explain why PoB doesn't grant additional damage when chill/burning/ignite is ticked. Good catch.

I don't think that a 1L Frost Bomb can pass any damage threshold to apply an ailment. So it would only apply those for which you have a direct chance - like Yoke's % chance to Shock.

If PoB doesn't have a checkbox for "has the enemy been ailmented by YOU", you might be able to edit some item text for a patchwork solution. Like adding a "enemies take % increased damage" line to Yoke.

"
"
windz wrote:
Grab a shaped helm with “place additional mine” mod. This mod is global and makes you place 4 mines instead of 3(with minefield). This mod alone is a 33% more damage and 100% more dmg if not using minefield.

Hmmm that last bit got my attention, "100% more dmg if not using minefield." Can we replace minefield gem with something else as a miner?

No.
Windz' wording might have been misleading for people who are not fluent in the English language. 3 Mines are considered the baseline because Minefield is mandatory. So the effect of the helmet is 33% more.
Now if you'd cripple yourself and use only 1 mine, then the additional mine would have a larger, relative(!) effect.
Hey, can anyone recommend me some build development? My character is NeckbeardMiner.

I am Life/MoM based
Last edited by Edeka on Apr 12, 2018, 6:24:10 AM
I just got myself a double shimmerons, and as some mentioned earlier... the dps is utterly ridiculous. The only downside is that there are no "good" movement skills for wanders. Either Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge or LW + Faster Casting + Less duration + Swift Affliction. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of them.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a scion and go for the sabo / raider's nodes. It should provide a 10% increased MS + permanent onslaught - assuming you're using Farrul's fur. Is that correct?
Last edited by Mirchea on Apr 12, 2018, 6:35:20 AM
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

I don't think that a 1L Frost Bomb can pass any damage threshold to apply an ailment. So it would only apply those for which you have a direct chance - like Yoke's % chance to Shock.

If PoB doesn't have a checkbox for "has the enemy been ailmented by YOU", you might be able to edit some item text for a patchwork solution. Like adding a "enemies take % increased damage" line to Yoke.

"
"
windz wrote:

No.
Windz' wording might have been misleading for people who are not fluent in the English language. 3 Mines are considered the baseline because Minefield is mandatory. So the effect of the helmet is 33% more.
Now if you'd cripple yourself and use only 1 mine, then the additional mine would have a larger, relative(!) effect.

Ignite doesn't require any damage threshold and I 'm pretty sure poison doesn't either. Still even if it's just ignite that's a 5% multiplier and I'm pretty positive it's additive to yoke's shock.
Failed 3 uber elder.... I'm done with this build gl guys i'm out

"
RedStark wrote:
Failed 3 uber elder.... I'm done with this build gl guys i'm out

What was your issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info