[3.0] Dark Pact Zerker - Farm shaper/guardian deathless (VIDEO) - Great clear speed

"
benbubam wrote:
how about the patheon, which one bro!

"
Zboublemeteor wrote:

i go for Lunaris/Ryslatha for mapping, and i usually don't change at all since i've not had problem with anything other that uber atziri (my first attemps went pretty bad, a lot of mistakes were made, don't ever get A'alai as the last member of the trio ^^).
Ryslatha is the best for minor gods, major god can be Lunaris or Brine king. FIrst i was 100% Lunaris for mapping but i used more the Brine king lately as it's a good defensive boost when you play a lot of shaped canyon maps with occasional beyond mods. you can of course choose other god for specific occasions.

"
meke wrote:
Is it really worth it to take 3 travel nodes to get the jewel below scion life wheel? How good is strength for this build, am I too stuck on the idea that travel nodes are bad?

Also as the previous guy mentioned, the jewel behind shaper seems actually even more questionable. Does the build need that much mana/regen?

Maybe go for revenge of the hunted?

it's not really travel nodes since we scale strength for life and damages/spell damages. 30 strength translate into 69 life and something like 25k damage on my PoB, plus we gain acces to a very powerfull jewel socket. i like those kind of balanced passives options that gives both significative life and damages. you can decide it's not worth it and take fully DPS oriented passives, it's more of a personal choice at this point (we have already a huge life pool and more than enought damages).

i've looked more into the "shaper" passive and the jewel socket after it. you and Qte are very likely to be right about it. i needed shaper early on (before getting vaal pact and then just after DP transition) for the life regen and assure a 100% shield charge mana cost sustain but more important : be able to cast my golem and my wither totem one after another every time i want. as i've levelled and geared a lot since, it may not be mandatory anymore.

if i go for sentinel instead as Qte suggested, i can get 3% overall addtional physical damage reduction, i can drop "elementalist" passive i used to cap my resists for 10% spell damage or 3% cast speed and i can even drop my crafted cold resist on helmet for 30 additional strength.

i still need to see if i can run maps without any mana issues slowing down clear speed or boss killing hbility. i MUST be able to cast my golem and my wither totem whenever i want, if i can't it' a really huge build nerf. if it's ok i'll update the tree.

thanks Qte and meke

Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Sep 7, 2017, 2:12:01 PM
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
#Qte the only issue i have with stun is the chicken boss from shaped canyon (twinned boss vulnerability maps with dirty mods can be dangerous), i use brine king in pantheon for this specific map. for minotaur, i don't have stun issues at all, it's a really easy fight. i'll check later for the last jewel spot you may raise a good point.

Also, If we drop Mental Rapidity we gain 4 points and we can pick the three 4% cast speed nodes next to Trickery. We lose 20% mana regen, which isn't crucial, but we gain an extra skill point. And if we level up to gain an extra skill point and we drop Might (30str), we can pick Revenge of the Hunted, which gives us more dmg and more life (at least on my PoB).
Btw, how does 10% spell damage compares to 4% cast speed?

P.S. Cast speed is alot better.
Last edited by Qte on Sep 7, 2017, 2:53:06 PM
"
Qte wrote:
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
#Qte the only issue i have with stun is the chicken boss from shaped canyon (twinned boss vulnerability maps with dirty mods can be dangerous), i use brine king in pantheon for this specific map. for minotaur, i don't have stun issues at all, it's a really easy fight. i'll check later for the last jewel spot you may raise a good point.

Also, If we drop Mental Rapidity we gain 4 points and we can pick the three 4% cast speed nodes next to Trickery. We lose 20% mana regen, which isn't crucial, but we gain an extra skill point. And if we level up to gain an extra skill point and we drop Might (30str), we can pick Revenge of the Hunted, which gives us more dmg and more life (at least on my PoB).
Btw, how does 10% spell damage compares to 4% cast speed?

P.S. Cast speed is alot better.

i've taken trickery cast speed points form level 92 to 95. mental rapidity is a strong passive cluster, mana is not as useless as it seems, i explained it on my post above. golem/totem must be castable at will without downtime while shield charging all the time.

spell damage is always weaker than cast speed, but at some point extreme cast speed can be dangerous for those who will look for lvl 100, proximity shield mob (even more if they are overlapping) can get you in a very bad position. i'll take 3% cast speed anyway if sentinel path works out.
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
i've taken trickery cast speed points form level 92 to 95. mental rapidity is a strong passive cluster, mana is not as useless as it seems, i explained it on my post above. golem/totem must be castable at will without downtime while shield charging all the time.

spell damage is always weaker than cast speed, but at some point extreme cast speed can be dangerous for those who will look for lvl 100, proximity shield mob (even more if they are overlapping) can get you in a very bad position. i'll take 3% cast speed anyway if sentinel path works out.

We have a lot of unreserved mana so I doubt mana is an issue. At the moment I don't have Shaper and Mental Rapidity and I don't have mana problems at all - I have 400 unreserved mana and totem+golem is no more than 150 mana, which leaves plenty for shield charging.

This is how the tree should look like at level 93, at least from my personal view:
Last edited by Qte on Sep 7, 2017, 3:10:52 PM
"
Qte wrote:
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:

We have a lot of unreserved mana so I doubt mana is an issue. At the moment I don't have Shaper and Mental Rapidity and I don't have mana problems at all - I have 400 unreserved mana and totem+golem is no more than 150 mana, which leaves plenty for shield charging.

This is how the tree should look like at level 93, at least from my personal view:

on my PoB revenge of the hunter gives about 450 extra life (if you take the full node at lvl 95) at the cost of 50K damage. it's also possible to take the 3 important points on revenge then take 2x 3% cast speed and get like 250 extra life at the cost of 35K damage. they are all valid choices, mental rapidity is more damage oriented (i'll stick to that one), revenge/cast speed option seems quite good too (probably would suggest that option for people wanting to reach 100). it's more about personal preferences.

i'll see how it goes in reduced mana regen maps when i'm back home
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Sep 7, 2017, 4:11:16 PM
What about the Atrophy cluster at the top right? It's 4 points of int nodes from the main path to go straight there or 6 points to pick up 12% to maximum life along the way. The atrophy cluster seems like it would be a big damage increase with 5 points for 71% increased chaos damage and 4% increased cast speed.
Atrophy cluster is too far away sadly, i've tried a few different thing before on PoB to see if i can get it and it never been worth it. you either have to drop some %life passives or spell/cast speed and you end up with less life and damages everytime.

i've tried some other path on PoB today (another path to vaal pact to get a 9th jewel was close to actual life/DPS), but i think we are close to optimal tree now. it also seem that i can remove my crafted lightning res on my two stone ring to get 11 extra strength for some last extra life/damage.
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Sep 8, 2017, 6:44:31 AM

selling this one for 17ex
whisper PCyclone
please don't use my thread for your sales.

for people looking for jewels adequately priced (not 3-4 times too expensive like the one above), please look at :

- Damnation Cut Cobalt Jewel
- Plague Glisten Cobalt Jewel
- Phoenix Sliver Cobalt Jewel

on poe trade, price range from 60 to 75c (they are not mine of course)

edit : name seems to be a bad idea to find the jewels on PoE trade, just broose cobalts jewels with % life, cast speed while holding a shield, spell damage

Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Sep 8, 2017, 12:22:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info