[3.0] Blade Flurry Inquisitor softcore league starter guide

Couple questions;

Does the build work with Hayon's fury as a starter weapon or is the damage too random?

Your character has a few ES items, is there any reason to get ES instead of some extra survivability from eva/armour or is it just out of convenience for stats/sockets?

thanks!
Last edited by Lurts on Aug 24, 2017, 7:10:33 PM
"
AngryD0rf wrote:
"
cancelcnx wrote:
Hey man, loving the build so far, one newb question - I should keep Vortex gem and Cast When Damage Taken on levels 5 & 2 and other gems as high as I can get?

Yes, you want to keep cwdt setup low level so that the damage threshold remains low and it procs on every hit.

Thanks, should I lvl Vortex to 20?
What are your thoughts on using Atziri's Acuity gloves, if i can fit them in, and skipping Vaal Pact?!
"
Lurts wrote:
Couple questions;

Does the build work with Hayon's fury as a starter weapon or is the damage too random?

Your character has a few ES items, is there any reason to get ES instead of some extra survivability from eva/armour or is it just out of convenience for stats/sockets?

thanks!

Hyaon's is bad because it has bad attack speed and crit chance, and as i explain in the guide they matter more than ele dps.

No reason to get es, bases are irrelevant, just look for good stats, even if you have to get 4 off colours, on a 4link it's not that hard.

How to get 4 off - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhCcWtarLg

"
cancelcnx wrote:
"
AngryD0rf wrote:
"
cancelcnx wrote:
Hey man, loving the build so far, one newb question - I should keep Vortex gem and Cast When Damage Taken on levels 5 & 2 and other gems as high as I can get?

Yes, you want to keep cwdt setup low level so that the damage threshold remains low and it procs on every hit.

Thanks, should I lvl Vortex to 20?

Read the tooltip for cwdt, it says what level of gems it can trigger. And there's no reason to level vortex, it doesn't do any damage, it's there just for the chill.

"
redihs wrote:
What are your thoughts on using Atziri's Acuity gloves, if i can fit them in, and skipping Vaal Pact?!

I don't see how i would change the tree otherwise, so Acuity only saves 1 point, and you lose attack speed and accuracy from gloves.
Last edited by AngryD0rf on Aug 24, 2017, 11:19:28 PM
Hi, so i'm using this build right now and i am having trouble with uber lab especially the traps any advice?
"
xrodray wrote:
Hi, so i'm using this build right now and i am having trouble with uber lab especially the traps any advice?

Just get an extra life flask and a quicksilver, it's not a good lab farming build, but doing it once for the points shouldn't be too hard.
Last edited by AngryD0rf on Aug 25, 2017, 6:51:24 AM
"
AngryD0rf wrote:

Read the tooltip for cwdt, it says what level of gems it can trigger. And there's no reason to level vortex, it doesn't do any damage, it's there just for the chill.

You're right, thanks. Still got a lot to learn :)
Hey man just wanted your opinion on something.

Regarding "highest single target dps" setup mentioned in the OP, what are your thoughts on Inquis BF versus other variants such as Zerker or Ele raider.

Also, any thoughts on BF for single target vs barrage set ups? Are they comparable?

Thanks in advance.
"
bluetaro87 wrote:
Hey man just wanted your opinion on something.

Regarding "highest single target dps" setup mentioned in the OP, what are your thoughts on Inquis BF versus other variants such as Zerker or Ele raider.

Also, any thoughts on BF for single target vs barrage set ups? Are they comparable?

Thanks in advance.

In terms of pure single target dps its berserker>inquisitor>raider, although they can all reach a level of dps where they can faceroll all endgame. But even chaining guardians and shaper, i still spend most of the time clearing maps, and that's why i prefer this inquisitor version, i think it has the best/most comfortable map clear.
Barrage can reach same or comparable to bf levels of dps, but in order to do that it pretty much requires dying sun and a helm enchant. And then it comes down to personal preference, barrage probably has better clear with kb/ts, but lacks a movement skill and so on.
Hello AngryDorf,

I first saw your build on youtube and I had to try it.
Currently I'm lv. 72 and am gathering gear to switch to Blade Flurry soon.
So far, I'm in love with this build, a big thank you! :)

I decided to use Starkonja's because it's much cheaper and because I haven't collected much currency.
Forgive me for this noobish question, but can you give me an example of what kind of rare chest should I be looking to buy, besides the usual +life and +resists?

I have this rapier atm, any good for the build?

Also, one more noobie question, can I use Bisco's Collar for map farming once I have capped resistances and a decent clear speed?

Thank you in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info