[3.0] Blade Flurry Inquisitor softcore league starter guide

"
Would switching crit strikes for crit dmg gem be ok after we get enough crit ive got about 50 with out crit strikes

Crit damage is almost the same dps as crit strikes, if you want more dps you can switch to ruthless/ele focus, and then you probably want to start using orb of storms-pcoc.
Hi there,
I've been following your build and gearing up the best I can.
I currently have shaper more or less on farm, but I am seeing lots of difficulties with Phoenix...
Essentially unless the map mods are very low, I can't kill him... Also have to use incAoE to handle the birds, or they wipe the floor with me...

I also tried Uber Atziri, and took down the both minibosses np, and then ripped 3 (!!) times on regular mobs on my way to atziri... Then ripped on atziri cause of positioning... Could you take a look at my build in my profile (character is Veneyo), and let me know if the issues I'm facing are gera-related, or simply L2P? Thanks :)
"
Sawtyss wrote:
Hi there,
I've been following your build and gearing up the best I can.
I currently have shaper more or less on farm, but I am seeing lots of difficulties with Phoenix...
Essentially unless the map mods are very low, I can't kill him... Also have to use incAoE to handle the birds, or they wipe the floor with me...

I also tried Uber Atziri, and took down the both minibosses np, and then ripped 3 (!!) times on regular mobs on my way to atziri... Then ripped on atziri cause of positioning... Could you take a look at my build in my profile (character is Veneyo), and let me know if the issues I'm facing are gera-related, or simply L2P? Thanks :)

It's probably just getting used to, your character looks solid. Can't completely facetank phoenix with this build or zerg him fast enough with conc, so i always kill him with aoe and dodge all attacks with whirling blades. On one hand he's the the hardest guardian because he takes longer to kill and all the dodging, but on the other hand there's no random like minotaur killing you with first slam three times in a row, so as long as you keep dodging everything and killing birds you can do it reliably. I do phoenix with all map mods and i think i bricked one this league, but i also killed a couple of them ghosted, so yeah, i guess it's just getting used to it.

As for atziri, her trash does a lot of damage, but our biggest defense is leech, you can't really die as long as you're hitting a pack of monsters, so you have to kinda just rush in and start hitting things.
Hello. Had a blast using this build to learn the game on the Xbox version. I think it's perfect to teach people how to play.

Can I take your guide and adapt it with some more explanation and tips to post on an xbox forum? I'll link to you and give you full credit.

Also -

Can you go through the basic skill usage with the build after you transition over to Blade Flurry?

I just used up most of the currency I found leveling getting the first set of appropriate gear with resistances and life. But all the new skills at once feel really unfamiliar to me. I'm kitted out in your full recommended gem linkage, without the optional CWDT-Vortex. I'm not super familiar with all of the game mechanics yet.

Thanks again!
"
boofasten wrote:
Hello. Had a blast using this build to learn the game on the Xbox version. I think it's perfect to teach people how to play.

Can I take your guide and adapt it with some more explanation and tips to post on an xbox forum? I'll link to you and give you full credit.

Also -

Can you go through the basic skill usage with the build after you transition over to Blade Flurry?

I just used up most of the currency I found leveling getting the first set of appropriate gear with resistances and life. But all the new skills at once feel really unfamiliar to me. I'm kitted out in your full recommended gem linkage, without the optional CWDT-Vortex. I'm not super familiar with all of the game mechanics yet.

Thanks again!

Hey, glad you're enjoying the build, you're welcome to use this guide however you like.

Not really sure what you mean by skill usage, should be pretty clear from one of the videos: keep the golem up, drop totem for bosses, the rest is literally two buttons - hold bf to 6 stacks and release, whirl to move around.

If you mean the general logic - monsters can have up to 75% of any resist which means that you're only doing 25% of your damage, so normally for any elemental skill you'd want to focus on one element and get penetration for it from supports like Fire Penetration, flasks, passives and so on. Inevitable Judgement allows inquisitor to ignore enemy elemental resistances on critical strikes, so as long as you have good crit you don't have to worry about penetration and enemy resists at all and you can also use damage from multiple elements, and that's what this build does. You scale your crit to make sure you ignore resists and do full damage, and then get a bunch of flat elemental damage from all available sources - support gems, auras, weapon and other gear where possible, preferably cold and lightning since those damage types have useful status ailments.
Last edited by AngryD0rf on Oct 16, 2017, 2:07:13 AM
may i ask, how you progress through the atlas so fast ? just playing a lot ? want to try bosskiller first time next league, but not sure if it's possible to progress to guardians in 2-3 days without party
Last edited by Callao on Nov 24, 2017, 8:11:12 AM
Well, I did all progression solo, but I played a lot (24hr from start, slept for a few hours and killed shaper in the next play session) and harbinger/horizon orbs this league were a huge boost to the speed of atlas progression, doing the same thing in FoO beta took me five or six days, although I didn't play as much. If you're playing solo it's also kinda luck dependent, pretty easy to get stuck on atlas progression for a while and I'm not sure if anyone even sells high tier maps at that point.
got it, thank you dude, gl in 3.1
Hello,

there are rumours that vaal pact will be nerfed from "instant leech" to "double leech rate and speed" in 3.1.

Do you think the build is still viable afterwards?

GGG anounced Storm Barrier, you think that would be good for this build?

thanks in advance
"
Salazaar wrote:
Hello,

there are rumours that vaal pact will be nerfed from "instant leech" to "double leech rate and speed" in 3.1.

Do you think the build is still viable afterwards?

GGG anounced Storm Barrier, you think that would be good for this build?

thanks in advance

It's too early to say, there might be other major changes and i wouldn't be surprised if bf get's a nerf, but in regards to vp changes it should still work. It won't be as reliable of course, and no more outleeching shaper beam and such, but as far as facetanking boss' autoattack goes, the build has a substantial amount of avoidance (my character has 11% block, 23% evasion + acrobatics and stibnite flask) so should still be able to do it unless you get unlucky and get hit a bunch of times in a row.

As for storm barrier, unless there's a specific reason to use it, like if it's necessary to survive the lightning guardian guy, i don't think it will be relevant.

upd. One other thing. If i understand correctly how leech works, this kind of high attack speed bf setup is the perfect way to reach leech speed cap as fast as possible, so might be better off with new vp than some other builds.

Ghudda on leech mechanics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5qYctB1jo
Last edited by AngryD0rf on Nov 29, 2017, 5:58:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info