[3.0] New Meta?! Cast on Melee Kill Dark Pact?! 2c Starter Budget?! 5 Million DPS Single Target?!

"
twittgenstein wrote:
Trying this now! Where does Vile Toxins help, though? Unless I use Viper Strike, which you don't advise for packs or most bosses, how am I actually poisoning enemies?

The Blade Flurry + CoMK Dark Pact should be enough damage to clear packs easily without poisoning.
"
Order after following leveling guide: Soul Raker -> Poisonous Fangs -> Claws of the Magpie ( Don't take the 3 Claw Damage and Attack Speed Nodes ) -> Claws of the Falcon -> Claws of the Pride

To to complete these before you equip The Wasp Fang! ( when you are high level enough for Dendrobate / Cospri's )

what is this supposed to mean? Im trying this build and got to 62 with so much ease it was ridiculous just following the leveling portion of the guide. in the leveling section it says hit 62, equip the uniques and follow the guide but then the start of guide has that part in bold which reads to me as if you should get all those passives before equipping the claw. if thats the case then the leveling tree should incorporate getting those passives along the way because my clear speed dropped considerably once I moved into the guide itself and away from the leveling portion.

Im almost considering refunding some survivability passives to fill out that first claw damage section and grab the ones i refunded as I go
"
Livewire wrote:
"
Order after following leveling guide: Soul Raker -> Poisonous Fangs -> Claws of the Magpie ( Don't take the 3 Claw Damage and Attack Speed Nodes ) -> Claws of the Falcon -> Claws of the Pride

To to complete these before you equip The Wasp Fang! ( when you are high level enough for Dendrobate / Cospri's )

what is this supposed to mean? Im trying this build and got to 62 with so much ease it was ridiculous just following the leveling portion of the guide. in the leveling section it says hit 62, equip the uniques and follow the guide but then the start of guide has that part in bold which reads to me as if you should get all those passives before equipping the claw. if thats the case then the leveling tree should incorporate getting those passives along the way because my clear speed dropped considerably once I moved into the guide itself and away from the leveling portion.

Im almost considering refunding some survivability passives to fill out that first claw damage section and grab the ones i refunded as I go

Refund the nodes that aren't on the main tree and grab these nodes before you equip the wasp nest, youll need the damage for cast on melee kill to work. Leveling skill tree needs work though :P
Last edited by Yagamai on Aug 20, 2017, 3:45:58 PM
"
Yagamai wrote:
"
Livewire wrote:
"

Refund the nodes that aren't on the main tree and grab these nodes before you equip the wasp nest, youll need the damage for cast on melee kill to work. Leveling skill tree needs work though :P

I had the same experience. When I hit 63 I decided to start switching but I noticed it would require a boatload of refund points to do so. Should prolly mention this in the leveling portion, or adjust it slightly so that the refund-burdon is less of a.. well Burdon.

At the moment I'm only up to magpie (third claw-skill) and it's absolutely not enough and kill-speed for both pack and bosses are lower compared to before.

I'm not packing dendrobate yet in harbinger since I don't have the currency for it. lowest with 5L and right colors is going at 50c...
Last edited by baharath on Aug 20, 2017, 3:50:49 PM
I just dropped some surviability options to finish up to magpie, in order to get falcon and pride I'll have to drop my HP as I avoided refunding HP nodes and instead did evasion based ones, unsure if its gonna be worth it to refund the HP or just add future points to the remaining claw nodes before anything else

edit: i dropped entrophy and the node to its left and right, its just damage over time nodes so I cant imagine its gonna be a big deal to loose them at this point. it allowed me to get falcon, next few levels will go towards pride

edit #2: was worth it. clear speed was far more rewarding and there was no noticeable loss in survivability.

in total I dropped Entrophy and the nodes to the left and right of it. everything after acrobatics in that line, the group of 3 with heartseeker, and like 1 or 2 more that were just +10 dex and +10 int right before an empty jewel slot.

I filled out the claw nodes up to magpie, and got falcon. Im pretty sure that accounts for every skill point I refunded, I dont remember picking up anything else
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Aug 20, 2017, 7:27:42 PM
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
"
twittgenstein wrote:
Trying this now! Where does Vile Toxins help, though? Unless I use Viper Strike, which you don't advise for packs or most bosses, how am I actually poisoning enemies?

The Blade Flurry + CoMK Dark Pact should be enough damage to clear packs easily without poisoning.

I'm just wondering why it's in the gem setup for pack clearing, then.
"
twittgenstein wrote:
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
"
twittgenstein wrote:

if you're using dendrobate or whatever its called you'll be poisoning, so thats probably why it was there
"
if you're using dendrobate or whatever its called you'll be poisoning, so thats probably why it was there

I am confused because the guide recommended the Embalmer gloves as a cheap 5-link, but I couldn't see where the poison was coming from. Obviously it couldn't be the dendrobate though, since either the gems are in the gloves or the armour. Perhaps it's solely for when viper strike is subbed in for bosses?
"
twittgenstein wrote:
"

I am confused because the guide recommended the Embalmer gloves as a cheap 5-link, but I couldn't see where the poison was coming from. Obviously it couldn't be the dendrobate though, since either the gems are in the gloves or the armour. Perhaps it's solely for when viper strike is subbed in for bosses?

See here... and you'll see what directly affects poison.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison

Also look here...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Embalmer

In response to your question, the gloves have chaos damage already so that's a source of "poison".

Last edited by Pracis on Aug 20, 2017, 9:37:23 PM
"
twittgenstein wrote:
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
"
twittgenstein wrote:

VS rares and bosses, rest is easy mode.

"
twittgenstein wrote:
"

You don't use poison with Embalmer as only 5 link and no cospri's, equip something other than dendro untill you get a 5l dendro / cospri
Last edited by Yagamai on Aug 21, 2017, 6:44:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info