What rustles your jimmies the most in 3.0?

Well, the boss hp. Im skiping bosses alot now. Just do them once for the atlas.
GamingNorth on Youtube!
Headhunter drop during Legion! After 4711 hours!
"
Kellog wrote:
My thoughts:

1. I mostly like the new content, although I found some of the story lines confusing and the order of quests quite odd.

2. Boss HP is a bit silly. I don't mind hard but when it's just long, it becomes tedious.

3. DX11 issues - I've found disabling Dynamic Resolution helps alleviate odd effects (still assessing).

4. They made a complete hash of Standard character passives/quests - This is the most annoying for me.

5. Don't usually play leagues but gave Harbinger a try after seeing the mess they made of Standard. It's pretty awful. Back in Standard now.

Honestly curious: What is better in standard than in harbinger in your opinion?
the boss hp buff

but not because bosses are hard

im totally fien with that

but because it was such a bandaid fix

boss difficulty is still all over the place, some bosses are now a huge pain whereas others are still pushovers

they shouldve balanced boss hp relative to the boss's difficulty

+bosses are not rewarding enough

i think they should drop maps by at least 50% chance to be worth doing really
"
Feredhel wrote:
i might make myself unpopular with this post but it bothered me already when the breach/talisman league ended
they introduce new currency tied to that specific league and i highly doubt it will get taken into the core game. breaches were taken off too and are only availyble through zana (if that i didnt look up cause why?) and it takes ages to get anywhere near 100 shards/the level to actually USE the right map (compared to the league). but in this case i guess we got another set of eternal orbs just to get rid off after.

OF COURSE I KNOW its how this game has alwas been but they introduced items you need in a specific amount. talismans doesnt even stack they will take loads of space! the only reason why cadiro isnt mntioned is bcs its a big gamble for good stuff. and whether or not you get sth good is rng and then its even redicoulously pricey so it wouldnt make a huge difference at all.

Edit: before anyone say"dat not current league idiot gtfo" it kinda effects the standart league in the future. if we still get stuff that doesnt come back we will run out of space again and again and buy moe and more stash tabs. the current league just kinda repeats the things from the past as it seems

Not ture, every map has a default 10% chance of having a breach. There's also a sextant mod that can give breaches and then you have Zana's map device one on top of it :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 13, 2017, 4:56:45 PM
I can't think of anything that really rustles my jimmies other than the performance hit. And that's something that rustles my jimmies about the gaming and computer industries as a whole.

It's not much fun dragging something around in the stash, seeing the cursor move, then having to wait for the object to eventually catch up. It's like a full second or more delay. It's just a stash. How did they manage to pull that off with this update?

Besides that, I've been somewhat burned out on the game for a long time. The expansion did almost nothing to revive my interest. I got to Act 5 and thought cool, a new act. Now where is the next way point so I can take a break?

POE has joined the long list of games that I liked, and will continue playing for a long time, but spend much less time on. ( I still play several games from the 90s on a semi-regular basis. )

Now Harbinger is another story. It depends on the build, but with some builds I find it highly annoying. Let's play hide and seek. There's this immune dude running around, teasing me. I know there are others around somewhere, and I'm supposed to go find them. I really don't want to go running around trying to figure out where he left his helpers laying around. It feels just like Perandis guards, except I have to go find them first, or wait around until the immune dude decides to conjure up some more.

It's a good game though. There is no game that I like everything about it. More than three and a half years and I'm still playing almost daily. It might only be fifteen minutes at a time, but still almost daily. It's been a good run for a good game. Kudos to GGG. A handful of guys with little to no experience running a game company to come up with a game like this is an amazing success story. I wonder if they've stopped working long enough to really take it in. Like wow, we did it, we really did it! Yes they did, and they did it well.
I was disappointed to see DX11 still having graphical glitches and poor overall performance with AMD cards. All this time later i would have expected these issues to be ironed out a bit. Overall 3.0 has been positive for me, i just wish my newer hardware was giving a smoother experience.
Today I crashed god knows how many times, ofc getting killed by it as well as from the random 4-5 sec screen freezes certain monsters do if they are summoned by league mobs.

I think I could have gotten 3 maybe 4 levels today instead of 1.

Also tried to buy the 2 remaining uber trials I need, just to crash while I was loading into other people's maps, even causing them problems with this.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 13, 2017, 7:10:36 PM
Nessa :/ her voice got changed and the way the story was set up felt rushed and ehh.. not happy with the ending. Why would you do that to one of the most likable characters in your game?

Terribly lacking Harbinger drops. GGG should stop balancing game based on minority of players who grind 24/7. Not everyone has the time to play extremely long times.

ES nerf... if the point was nerfing certain builds, GGG completely missed it. Who the hell is in charge of their balance team? Just nerf the items that allowed for that to happen. Instead of ruining the whole tree and balacing AROUND having these "OP" gear.

Now it's pointless to go ES unless you're actually rich enough for the gear.

Map Boss rewards are extremely underwhelming. They were terribly unrewarding before but now there's no reason to kill them at all. I skip every one after I killed it for atlas purposes.
Last edited by Excyis on Aug 13, 2017, 7:30:55 PM
The thing that bothers me the most about 3.0 and the Harbinger League is that the Supporter packs still haven't been released to public yet! I need to give GGG my money so I can feel that I payed for the work that went in to making 3.0 so awesome! >.<
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
Esev wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
My thoughts:

1. I mostly like the new content, although I found some of the story lines confusing and the order of quests quite odd.

2. Boss HP is a bit silly. I don't mind hard but when it's just long, it becomes tedious.

3. DX11 issues - I've found disabling Dynamic Resolution helps alleviate odd effects (still assessing).

4. They made a complete hash of Standard character passives/quests - This is the most annoying for me.

5. Don't usually play leagues but gave Harbinger a try after seeing the mess they made of Standard. It's pretty awful. Back in Standard now.

Honestly curious: What is better in standard than in harbinger in your opinion?

The better question would be, what's better in Standard than Leagues. Simply, everything I want to enjoy the game is in Standard. Starting from scratch, every three months or so, is, for me, just a waste of time.

With Standard, I can play as mush as I want, when I want, for as long as I want. I'm not pressured to make progress or acquire items within a set time limit. I can just enjoy what I find when time allows.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info