What rustles your jimmies the most in 3.0?

Getting 1 shot by the projectiles from an add during the a10 Kitava fight with 5200 life and es full.
My thoughts:

1. I mostly like the new content, although I found some of the story lines confusing and the order of quests quite odd.

2. Boss HP is a bit silly. I don't mind hard but when it's just long, it becomes tedious.

3. DX11 issues - I've found disabling Dynamic Resolution helps alleviate odd effects (still assessing).

4. They made a complete hash of Standard character passives/quests - This is the most annoying for me.

5. Don't usually play leagues but gave Harbinger a try after seeing the mess they made of Standard. It's pretty awful. Back in Standard now.
No multistrike on Vaal gems. Ruined my Vaal Groundslam. I want my BANG! BANG! BANG! and the massive devastation it brings. One bang isn't enough to satisfy me.

Framerate issues, as always.

Changing screen mode will disconnect me from the game.

Vid clip links from the shop will disconnect me from the game, or will change fullscreen into windowed mode.

. . . I'm using DX9. Is DX11 or DX9ex any better?

Reading the current comments for the latest patch notes makes me think I should stay away for awhile until everything is ironed out. This latest expansion needed more testing-debugging before it was released.

But so far I like the new content. And unlike a lot of others who had pre-existing characters getting a raw deal, I have no complaints about messed-up skill points and quests. Guess I was lucky.

Last edited by Jase78 on Aug 10, 2017, 10:35:09 PM
Where to begin, oh where to begin.

1)5 new acts? more like 4.5 reworked acts, and half of a new one
2)nothing to do(no leaguestones)
3)Act 10 was a complete let down, what was there 2 maybe 3 quests and done? Square mobs totally over powered
4)content issues leading to constant dc's
5)No endgame added, same old maps
6)so much more craptastic uniques
7)Pantheon mods completely lackluster and blah but whatever

8)Harbingers are a total joke, too rare and drop 99% crap

Could probably keep going on and on, shorter list would have been what i liked.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Probably:

-The extremely loud drop volume of Silver Coins, Vaal Orbs, Black Venom (Quest Item), new Harbinger League Shards, and, I believe, every 3.0 Quest Item that drops with a Currency Orb sound. The drop sound volumes of these items are completely anomalous. I had to switch from headphones to speakers to avoid ear shock and the accompanying "rustled jimmies" rage.

-The new redundant Support Gem text. For example, Faster Attacks Support now says that it "Supports Attack Skills"; it also has the word "support" on it five different times. Slower Projectiles Support now says that it "Supports Projectile Skills". I find the added redundancy to be very inelegant and insulting.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
-No new actual content after act content (12 hours after starting).
-Painfully dull league.
-3 Somewhat unremarkable new skills.
-Massive nerf waves with nothing in compensation.
-Horrible performance after 2.6 managed to optimize the game up to stable point.
-Reworking kinetic blast mechanics for the sake of compensating for kitava's fat ass model.

I have never been so dissapointed from a major expansion. Sacrifice of the vaal was their weakest mini expansion and it still puts 3.0 to shame. I hope the brief influx of new players was worth alienating their most loyal and devoted player base.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 11, 2017, 12:32:50 AM
The only thing bothering me atm is the map bosses just seem like a huge waste of time...

I find myself just sitting there attacking mindlessly because they pose no threat bored waiting for it to die or simply just getting annoyed with the fight because it takes so fn long to kill.. a few of them just run around and cast abilities so often that using Barrage or Scorching ray is just irritating lol

I'm actually skipping most map bosses now I'm sorry to say :(
ES nerf(s) probably. Just crossed out whole sections of builds at the high end. Esp in north end of tree who lives on ES. The amount you can get is fine. No instant leech with lessor amount is not fine so we all go life now. Thats how GGG does things a lot of time though. It's like all or nothing nerf and they piled nerf bat on ES.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 11, 2017, 4:50:35 AM
To all those complaining about Harbringer league, OP is asking about version 3.0 of POE, the Fall of Oriath expansion, and the Harbringer league is not a part of that. The Harbringer league is optional, and just happened to start along with the release of FoO.

So, on the subject I can say that I am really happy with the qol improvements that 3.0 have brought. I love the new minimap, and on the MTX tab improvements I can only say... Amazing! I actually use my MTX's again, and find my self opening the MTX tab each time I log on to mix up my appearance. Love it!

Content wise, I don't have much to say yet. I have only scratched the surface, and only reaches act 5 so far, and that is mostly down to the one big issue that I do have with 3.0, and that is the lack of voice on my character. I was hugely disappointed not to hear a single word from my character when starting act 5. So much that I started another character instead of playing on through acts 5 - 10, hoping that the voice acting will be added soon. It is really a big deal for me. Official word from GGG on that matter would be highly appreciated.
Being a non-casual but still non-tryhard player I was well aware that 3.0 would offer little or no changes that would influence the main activities for me in the game. There would mainly be changes to the base story and not end game. Having this attitude helps a lot when trying to judge 3.0 as a whole.

6 "new" acts is wonderful and I liked the music, much of the artwork and having a little challenge with bosses (please DO NOT ever nerf them). My one gripe is the amount of running. At some point you feel all you do is running instead of killing things. This is a very lazy design approach. Instead of putting that as the main time sink in the game I would much rather see some interesting tasks on the way to the next main quests, be it clusters of minibosses, small monster camps with random spawn loot chests or likewise.

As when it comes to the league we all know Harbingers were underwhelming, but hooray they are dealing with it and changes are coming!

All in all a very nice (non endgame) experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info