What rustles your jimmies the most in 3.0?

The Nessa thing pissed me off. Just everything about it.

The awful balance of the new content and bosses is stupidly frustrating. Some things hit way too hard, some things have way too much health, some story maps are way too large, and there's a few points where too much content is strung together with no waypoints to break it up. The end of act 9 is like 5 maps and 4 boss fights in a row with no waypoint, why?

At this point I don't want to do act 5-10 again, at all. It's just not fun, it's a frustrating slog through mostly rehashed content made as long as possible with as little effort as possible. Don't get me started on all the missing/mismatched dialog. I preferred doing the same 4 acts over and over because it was at least "quality" content.
Everything is ok. I only miss trade improvements that are supposedly in making.
Spreading salt since 2006
Greust dies too fast, while I wanted him to suffer for longer. That is all.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Well, I am in the beginning, but checked out Standard league and my previous leagues characters and I can say:

- I really miss leaguestones - they made my map and exploring, because I like to read and explore maps, more interesting. Without leaguestones there is nothing interesting to see - I run all around the maps

- Harbringers aren't that what I thought they would be - they're somehow irritating and uninteresting with their minions

- Act 6 - 10 are really rushed... don't quite like rushed things, somehow don't add to the story much.

- Performance - I see through ground and water. Not feel as in there..

- It seems the people who play Necromancer will be the only ones who will survive and see the endgame. They're too powerful based on my Caster with Critical...
Remember, my friend, that the expectation leads to disappointment. So don't expect anything from anyone, even from yourself.
1.) some acts are way too recycled.

1.1.) some areas are too big (ravaged square, desert, templar's court, torched court, etc.)

2.) act 10 is horribly boring, repetitive and uninspired from beginning to end. even act 4 feels more apocalyptic (belly of the beast) than the final boss or the areas that lead up to him.

2.1.)Since I love what Dominus says ("this world is just an illusion") I was hoping for an ending with a twist (once we defeat Kitava), relating to that. here are two examples of what I quickly came up with (and I know it's not really good):

a) we (our char) becomes that evil god Kitava because we collected so much of the essences of all those evil gods. Since they foresaw us becoming the evil god Kitava, in order to protect the world we (our char) were exiled but unfortunately we are trapped in a cycle and everything repeats itself over and over again. we ascend to power, defeat all the gods and Kitava and become him again and again. (yeah i know...shaper and maps don't fit in here...)

b) we wake up in a hospital where a doctor talks to us and says we finally woke up from a long coma and we survived a tragic accident. when we look at the doctor, he smiles at us and he has Dominus' face

.....but, we got no ending with a twist, no ending that does honor to what Dominus says about this world just being an illusion....nor anything that I felt was remarcably epic or memorable in any way.

3.) all quest rewards other than skill points or the bandit reward are useless, unimportant or come way too late (i get a flask from saving Bannon in act 10...lmfao!). Those quests didn't help me in my endeavors whatsoever. I only do such quests do be a good boy and finish my chores, that's all. I truly wish there would be more quests with meaningful choices like the bandit reward.

4.) Harbinger league is very boring. I just can't find the encounter itself exciting nor the reward. (on a side note: turmoil was the most fun league I played so far)

5.) I understand the nerf to ES. But me and most of my friends never even came close to such ES numbers (15-20k) and were already struggling to get 8 or 9K. Couldn't they have done something with diminishing returns instead?

5.1.) I also understand the HP doubling of bosses, or at least what they wanted to achieve by it...but the result is mediocre. I and most of my friends never reached millions of DPS...not even remotely close to that. Again I feel like a diminishing returns approach would have been a better choice. 5 and 5.1 both feel like the weaker/newer/poorer players have actually been punished more than the better/experienced/richer ones.

well, that's it. since I'm clearly not a good player feel free to correct me on my impressions/opinions, cheers.

@GGG: thx for a great game, and thx for always working on improving it. although I criticize the above mentioned I still think PoE is the best ARPG so far in ARPG-history.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 11, 2017, 5:41:25 AM
I, personally, think that not doing the whole 4 acts 3 times in a row is definitely a great thing. Act4 ending location is somewhat short but a nice changer, Act 5 is really nice with a pleasant music, Act 6 just PISSES me off with the amount of totems you have to deal with at the beginning.
All "god" fights are really annoying since they're long and tedious and seriously limits what you can do with your character. As a Melee I was in real trouble in those, I guess as a caster I will breeze through them second time. But DAMN they're fat.
New acts are enjoyable in terms of location progress, location changes and story line overall. Music is great without any doubts. There are some locations that takes a LOT of circling around in order to progress. Especially a location where you must get on the cathedral roof, damn it took me a while.
Difficulty however is not stable, it jumps up and down. Sometimes you oneshot roll through a location, sometimes it becomes a real chore.
Harbringers doesn't feel somewhat special, they might pose a real threat, but are easily avoidable. The new currency they drop is useful and helpful.
Overall it's still more enjoyable that the previous difficulty system.
Last edited by TheShinigami on Aug 11, 2017, 5:59:23 AM
"
AmagicalFishy wrote:
The fact that 25% of the time I'm switching areas, I get disconnected to the login screen and have to wait five minutes to be able to connect again.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
I'm fine with everything except for how utterly dull the Harbinger league is

This is it for me, i've enjoyed all the new content immensely the boss fights were tense the content was fun and i think GGG did an unbelievable job with the exception of no voice lines from our characters for act 5-10.

The Harbinger league however feels like the worst league they've run and i've been playing since nemesis so i've done a fair few by now, it isn't as annoying as tempest but it equally doesn't have the fantastic rewards tempest rewarded you for putting up with that annoyance, it isn't really spicey like breach (I ripped more characters to breaches than anything else in my time playing poe) or flexible like legacy.

Its just a collection of orbs that are largely only useful for the top 1% with enough currency to buy them en mass to use for specific purposes and some specific cool uniques that I have a very high chance of never seeing it seems.
- !!!!!!!!!!!! Fucked up bandit quest on all my pre 3.0 characters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Act 10 - Too recycled, boring end fight. This especially sucks after Act 9, with very nicely designed boss fight and outdoor areas as the desert.

- Atlas not touched / updated to include 3.0 stuff (at least from what I've seen so far, made it up to T13)

- Pantheon is not that great, only couple of useful options, rest is useless crap. So no need to switch as needed, take only those few which are useful (such as stun immu) and be done with it once and for all.

- League seems boring with no items I'd like to get, so I'll play with my toys in standard and then we come back to my #1 on the list.
Last edited by peetrscz on Aug 11, 2017, 6:01:41 AM
Oh yes, and fishy forum posting ... Resource does not exist my a$$.
Last edited by peetrscz on Aug 11, 2017, 6:02:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info