Harbinger language/symbol translation

duplicated post, sry
Last edited by Stefouch on Aug 17, 2017, 3:20:11 AM
I love this thread. The dedication ... outstanding work!
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I have added all the Harbingers' names to the shared Google Doc.
While doing that, I spotted some tiny difference in symbols' order.
"
Stefouch wrote:
"
The Harbinger Storm Cascade ability no longer stops at the Harbinger's minion's location.

Did anyone have seen an Harbinger with this ability ?

I did. It's exactly the Storm Cascade the Rippling Thoughts sword grants. I don't remember the symbols on the Harbinger, though. I play on a potato and it's nearly impossible to both see what Harbinger does and hover over him. I only remember I thought the skill is named Thunder Strike for some reason... But can't it be the symbol named 'nova'?
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.

This must be the most mysterious one...
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Aug 17, 2017, 8:52:44 PM
"
Stefouch wrote:

I'd like to add we really need to find the meaning of this symbol:

Whithout this one, it's nearly impossible to translate the flavor texts.

Considering the Stargate they spawn from is a Void, and the Void connects to the Shaper,
it could represent a cloakhoody with tentacles, resulting in calling them ex: "Shaper of righteous fire"
Maybe ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I wonder if the shards or orbs could contain any clues to untranslated symbols?

Harbinger orb definitely looks strange.

Just noticed there are symbols on those strange totems harbingers put on the ground. Maybe we can get some new clues out of that.

Found an obelisk that survived my flameblast totems! It had the symbols possibly meaning "Gods + around" on one side (lower left), just the symbol for "increase" on one (lower right), "gods + around + unrighteous + having + increase" on one (upper left), last one (upper right) is impossible to see. I'll look for more stuff like this.

Also, the obelisks name reads "Harbinger + around + ???" ??? in this case looks like the directions symbol, but the outer lines are connected, forming what looks like a proximity shield. So I assume it reads "Harbinger around proximity shield" using current translations. This questions the grammar of "around" which I think is good. Many flavourtexts would be easier to translate if we redefine "around".

Found a second obelisk. This one reads the same on two sides, unreadable on one, and "increased" on the last.

Found one with only "unrighteous having". That's confusing.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 19, 2017, 7:10:54 PM
"
Zorajin wrote:
Also, the obelisks name reads "Harbinger + around + ???" ??? in this case looks like the directions symbol, but the outer lines are connected, forming what looks like a proximity shield.

I haven't confirmed this yet but from what I've seen every totem has the same name. I think the symbol you are describing could just mean 'totem'. You are right that the connecting symbol is often translated as 'around' and seems out of place here, perhaps it has a different meaning.
Dreamt we finally translated the "gods" symbol lol

I'll add some stuff on the new obelisks, their symbol on the healthbar, and what is written on them in known but untranslated runes, when I get home.

The totems read:

"Harbinger around totem."

I would interpret that as the essence of a harbinger, or the power of a harbinger, surrounds the totem.

It's a shame we don't have more to work with. Most people seem to have gone silent and busy with other stuff. And I could prolly make sense in my head of the symbols in hundreds of different incorrect ways.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 21, 2017, 6:14:49 AM
"
Zorajin wrote:
Dreamt we finally translated the "gods" symbol lol

I'll add some stuff on the new obelisks, their symbol on the healthbar, and what is written on them in known but untranslated runes, when I get home.

The totems read:

"Harbinger around totem."

I would interpret that as the essence of a harbinger, or the power of a harbinger, surrounds the totem.

It's a shame we don't have more to work with. Most people seem to have gone silent and busy with other stuff. And I could prolly make sense in my head of the symbols in hundreds of different incorrect ways.

I think it reads "Harbinger's Totem". It is most likely possessive form.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Aug 21, 2017, 8:13:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info