[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
bionicpope wrote:
We still need to see what the patch notes say. Right now, the AoE from the totems should be unchanged, but the damage will be nerfed(possibly, it may just be for self-cast, and not include totems/skeletons). I am not sure if someone has done a calculation to figure the total DPS though.

For me, it just means a fight will take a few more seconds. So you will have to refresh your totems(decoy + 3 Dark Pact totems) one more time in a boss fight.

We still are at a point of waiting though, because we need to see what the numbers look like, and what new gear might exist.

damage is nerfed, as totems casting it considered self cast, but skele DPS will remain the same

Yea, I did calculations for the damage, it doesn't seem like a HUGE nerf to the DPS, and is still less than I imagined it would be. Either way, I think I am going to set this as my second build for the league, like I did last time. I want to see how it feels/looks before I jump into using it.

"
bionicpope wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
bionicpope wrote:
We still need to see what the patch notes say. Right now, the AoE from the totems should be unchanged, but the damage will be nerfed(possibly, it may just be for self-cast, and not include totems/skeletons). I am not sure if someone has done a calculation to figure the total DPS though.

For me, it just means a fight will take a few more seconds. So you will have to refresh your totems(decoy + 3 Dark Pact totems) one more time in a boss fight.

We still are at a point of waiting though, because we need to see what the numbers look like, and what new gear might exist.

damage is nerfed, as totems casting it considered self cast, but skele DPS will remain the same

Yea, I did calculations for the damage, it doesn't seem like a HUGE nerf to the DPS, and is still less than I imagined it would be. Either way, I think I am going to set this as my second build for the league, like I did last time. I want to see how it feels/looks before I jump into using it.

personally I'll be rocking unearth and bodyswap totems and self cast detonate dead in some form - which heirophant allows for :)

Pretty sure we learned mid last league that totems are -not- considered to be self-casting darkpact for purposes of AOE or damage. Nerfs should not affect our general damage output at all.

On my review of patch notes, I estimate total real nerfs to this build as follows:

About 300 mana from pool at top end
About 10% less chaos damage taken from wither at top end (that may be made up for by adding in self-cast despair)

All in all I think the build weathered path of nerfs well, and I am looking forward to using it to test out the new content.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 6, 2017, 12:41:55 AM
This a buff

Minion Life Support now affects Minion Life multiplicatively (it now provides 30% MORE Minion Life rather than 30% increased Minion Life) at level 1 of the gem (up to 49% more life at level 20).

more skele dark pact damage

And skeles already hit hard, but now even harder. All my builds with a skele totem and hatred already destroy bosses, now even more so! Just about double their damage, and they can already do over 1 million shaper DPS :P

Summoned Skeletons now have a 50% more added damage multiplier, up from 30% less added damage.

also

Dark Pact now counts as being a Minion skill gem, and will thus interact with effects such as the one found on Cloak of Tawm'r Isley.

So a +2 minion helm could do wonders
Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 6, 2017, 1:52:45 AM
"

This a buff

Minion Life Support now affects Minion Life multiplicatively (it now provides 30% MORE Minion Life rather than 30% increased Minion Life) at level 1 of the gem (up to 49% more life at level 20).

And skeles already hit hard, but now even harder. All my builds with a skele totem and hatred already destroy bosses, now even more so! Just about double their damage, and they can already do over 1 million shaper DPS :P

Summoned Skeletons now have a 50% more added damage multiplier, up from 30% less added damage.

also

Dark Pact now counts as being a Minion skill gem, and will thus interact with effects such as the one found on Cloak of Tawm'r Isley.

I know what you're saying, but doesn't this 'buff' depend on always having skeles up in order to avoid the totems self casting DP? If the totems do self cast (ie no skeles around) will the damage output be lower due to the nerfs?

EDIT: Upon re-reading the patch notes, the nerf is specifically aligned when spending 'your life' ie. character life, leading me to believe that totem-casting DP will no receive any nerfs.
Last edited by steezzuss on Dec 6, 2017, 5:15:50 AM
Does this mean that we could use 'minion damage' for our totem?
Despite nerfs, i think this build will still a solid pick, for Wither i did not used on Harbinger and i was still able to kill Phoenix and Chimera.
The nodes behind MOM giving less mana shouldn't be a problem cause there are a lot of new op Itens, Jewels coming and maybe we can get this mana back As gear.
Since the wording on DP nerfs, shouldn't affect totem (Dark Pact no longer gains bonus radius when using your life. The damage bonus from using your life grows less quickly as the gem levels up, dealing 76% more damage at level 20 (down from 95%).).
Just wait one more day to get the new tree and we can do some math's behind this.

I'm going with this build again for Uber Lab farming in 3.1.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
"
foojin wrote:
Does this mean that we could use 'minion damage' for our totem?

Minion tag just means you can pop it into a +2 helm and it will benefit, it doesn't mean it's actually a minion. I know that's confusing and wish they had a different way too express it, but that's how tags work.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Dec 6, 2017, 6:46:31 AM
"
Orion72 wrote:
THAT is one beautiful ring!

-O

Yeah, shame it's disappeared into the void!
"
CoolColJ wrote:
This a buff

also

Butthis build doesnt use skelies or does it?
How do you constantly summon skeletons and dp totems at the same time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info