[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Is this viable for league start?
Not the OP, but been playing this in Mayhem so I'd say unless it gets heavily nerfed in 3.1 it is a very decent league starter.
Tabula won't be quite as easy to get as in Mayhem, so would probably delay switching to DP totems till a bit later, and stick to a levelling skill. Maybe take illuminated devotion for a early bonus (pseudo 5ls in effect) and respec after cruel lab.

In fact I probably would play it if I hadn't only just played it, plus I'm thinking that frostbolt totems with a single target switch to glacial cascade totems might be even better.

Managed to craft a decent ring in mayhem

I actually exalted the life roll - exalts are cheap and I was impatient.

THAT is one beautiful ring!

-O
Dark pact has been nerfed , so how do u think it affects this build overall?
Should still be a good build and a strong league starter. There's now an anti chaos resist aura. This should replace the clear mind jewel setup without mana reserved. At least in softcore

Edit: Maybe i've read a little bit too fast over the manifesto. So MOM has received a nerf. Of course that lowers the EHP of this build, but should still be in a good place. Im not sure about using despair. You are lowering your EHP. DP does not hit and deals no Damage over time, so there is no other benefit of using the gem with blasphemy besides the reduced chaos resistance of the enemy. Not sure if its worth it. But it is a good option for manually cursing bosses. The wither nerf is affecting the single target dps also.
Last edited by Sollkomol on Dec 5, 2017, 8:15:28 AM
"
Sollkomol wrote:
Should still be a good build and a strong league starter. There's now an anti chaos resist aura. This should replace the clear mind jewel setup without mana reserved. At least in softcore

Edit: Maybe i've read a little bit too fast over the manifesto. So MOM has received a nerf. Of course that lowers the EHP of this build, but should still be in a good place. Im not sure about using despair. You are lowering your EHP. DP does not hit and deals no Damage over time, so there is no other benefit of using the gem with blasphemy besides the reduced chaos resistance of the enemy. Not sure if its worth it. But it is a good option for manually cursing bosses. The wither nerf is affecting the single target dps also.

I think this build will still be in a really good spot, especially as everyone gets used to instant-leech being a thing of the past.

MOM hasn't changed, but the nodes behind the keystone offer less mana than before. Overall a minor nerf to the EHP, but I'm sure can be regained through other spots in the passive tree.

I don't believe the Dark Pact nerfs affect this build since it's a totem/skeleton DP build, not self-cast.

I'm not sure how often you'll get up to 20 stacks of Wither given how often you need to move to stay alive. It's definitely a nerf to single-target, but I don't think it's a game-breaker at all.

I think this build will still be very strong, pending whatever else may show up in the patch notes today.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Dec 5, 2017, 11:41:34 AM
Not sure if you are going to see this or not, but do you think this build will work in the up coming league that is set to come out on Friday? looks like a lot of fun to play. Never played a totem based build before and i would love to try this out. I was reading and i herd they have nerfed dark pact, so maybe it wont be a good as before but maybe still viable? might give it a shot anyways and see :D.
We still need to see what the patch notes say. Right now, the AoE from the totems should be unchanged, but the damage will be nerfed(possibly, it may just be for self-cast, and not include totems/skeletons). I am not sure if someone has done a calculation to figure the total DPS though.

For me, it just means a fight will take a few more seconds. So you will have to refresh your totems(decoy + 3 Dark Pact totems) one more time in a boss fight.

We still are at a point of waiting though, because we need to see what the numbers look like, and what new gear might exist.

"
bionicpope wrote:
We still need to see what the patch notes say. Right now, the AoE from the totems should be unchanged, but the damage will be nerfed(possibly, it may just be for self-cast, and not include totems/skeletons). I am not sure if someone has done a calculation to figure the total DPS though.

For me, it just means a fight will take a few more seconds. So you will have to refresh your totems(decoy + 3 Dark Pact totems) one more time in a boss fight.

We still are at a point of waiting though, because we need to see what the numbers look like, and what new gear might exist.

damage is nerfed, as totems casting it considered self cast, but skele DPS will remain the same

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info