[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

https://pastebin.com/i773GtUD

I was bored, so played around with this build on Path of Building. I respeced to Ascendant (Guardian/Occultist) using 2x Kikazaru and Soulmantle. It has more damage, self-flag jewel, poison, -15 chaos resist on cursed enemies, and 100% curse mitigation. Not HC viable but maybe good in SC. Just need good items with resists to cap it or get Alira's passive.

I'll see if I can try this out on STD tomorrow.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Last edited by Constraint on Aug 12, 2017, 12:52:04 AM
Re bad link: Thanks--fixed it also in original post.

Re Ascendant: I'm sure the soul mantle version of the build would be very fun to play in SC. I would expect it to be -much- less tanky in practice, and therefore I agree it wouldn't be a good choice for hc.

On the faster casting vs. conc effect issue I went and did some actual testing. In practice, for the higher tier maps, the lost aoe from using conc effect really is not that bad and the 20% or so damage boost over faster casting is noticeable. Faster casting is still better for general clear below T13 or so, but I've decided I like conc for the higher tier content. As always, ymmv.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 12, 2017, 1:00:45 AM
what generates endurance charges for immotal call? sorry for nwb question
Re Endurance charges:

No bad questions. The answer is we don't use them. The immortal call lasts .6 seconds when linked to inc duration, even with no endurance charges. This is enough to avoid early death by a swarm of porcupine quills or similar mass phys attack consisting of a number of nearly simultaneous smaller attacks. That's all it is meant to do, but it comes up often enough to be important, particularly because this build greets the world with 0 phys mitigation and no phys mitigation flasks.

That .6 seconds may not sound like much, but it is enough time to pop a life flask and flame dash out of trouble.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 12, 2017, 6:38:04 AM
Leveling this up myself, but I ran an Enduring Cry just for the endurance charges and HP regen, any of the 3 warcries have a use here. Rallying for the damage boost and extra mana regen so both offensive and defensive, even Abyssal for the movement speed and chaos damage explosion. Though I think I will just end up sticking to Enduring Cry in the end.

On a side note, how useful with this threshold jewel be for this build? Seems like extra mitigation I figure.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirited_Response
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 12, 2017, 4:44:14 PM
Re Enduring cry and threshhold jewel:

This one is a matter of taste. There is nothing bad about having endurance charges up. Personally I find I only have focus for a certain number of things while fighting/mapping and I am already at or near my limit. If you are comfortable maintaining frenzies and arcane surge and endurance charges, more power to you. The threshhold jewel would indeed provide some decent extra regen, though I am not sure the build really needs that enough to justify the jewel slot.

In other news today:

Ran the map blue mildly rolled (no boss relevant mods). Fight gets a little hairy near the end as totems must be resummoned almost constantly, but the build can handle it. One decoy to keep his attention and three damaging totems felt like the right ratio for this one.

One guardian remains. (Minotaur-who I have never beaten deathless previously).

Also had a chance to run the T15 beachhead.

Build has no trouble here as both damage and AOE were sufficient to keep the final fight interesting, but comparatively reasonable.

-O

Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 13, 2017, 1:11:42 AM
Looks like fun build. I will try this one on sc couse i started flameblast one but i hate it...so does anyone have skill tree for sc? Any sugestins what to change for soft? Or just play as hc ( tanky is not bad anyways)
Re: SC vs. HC

From where I am now, I'm not sure you need to change much for SC. Build is going to be guardians/shaper viable as is. However, if you felt like playing around with adding in crit, you could consider trading out some life/mana nodes and gear (once you are past lvl 70-75) for crit chance and multi. (which I do not plan to do in hc)

Good Luck!

-O
And that's the last one.

Not sure how soon I'll feel ready to make the Shaper attempt, but happy to have my first full set of deathless kills on the guardians in hc.

-O
So how do you think this would work in the build:

I just got it, and feel that it would be insanely strong for the build. You could give up the spell totem gem, add another damage bonus one, and get up to 5 totems.

Am I doing that right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info