[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

"
wolfmyth wrote:

Why do you think I'm talking about a single item. I was farming POE trade for hours, seeing common unique items be listed 1min ago, that were already sold as soon as the seller posted it I was told by them at times.
Others have been having the same experience. Poe.trade is delayed by minutes compared to direct hooks into the API.
I play the game, not poe trade farming to flip items and then be able to afford endgame gear.

Maybe you need to do some research and find out whats happening with access to API for everyone before you start mouthing off people, that and learn reading comprehension.

I've been flipping items via poetrade since the first day of the league and have yet to run in to this mysterious army of people sniping the deals that you seem to think are rightfully yours. I play the game too and I was end game geared on the 4th day.

There's no conspiracy about people beating you to trades, you just lost. Get over it and grab the next one.
Last edited by AmBasketball on Aug 13, 2017, 3:53:56 PM
"
AmBasketball wrote:
"
wolfmyth wrote:

Why do you think I'm talking about a single item. I was farming POE trade for hours, seeing common unique items be listed 1min ago, that were already sold as soon as the seller posted it I was told by them at times.
Others have been having the same experience. Poe.trade is delayed by minutes compared to direct hooks into the API.
I play the game, not poe trade farming to flip items and then be able to afford endgame gear.

Maybe you need to do some research and find out whats happening with access to API for everyone before you start mouthing off people, that and learn reading comprehension.

I've been flipping items via poetrade since the first day of the league and have yet to run in to this mysterious army of people sniping the deals that you seem to think are rightfully yours. I play the game too and I was end game geared on the 4th day.

There's no conspiracy about people beating you to trades, you just lost. Get over it and grab the next one.

Go post a Tabula for 1 chaos buyout and see what happens.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

I'd get spammed by people who want to buy a cheap tabula. If this happens to you, you should take it as a lesson that you've underpriced something.
"
AmBasketball wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:

I'd get spammed by people who want to buy a cheap tabula. If this happens to you, you should take it as a lesson that you've underpriced something.

What you seem to fail to realise is that you'll get automated messages from robots. And you'll get 30 of them in the same second. That is the issue people have with these exploits. If you were beat to a good deal by another person, nobody would care. But since you're being beat by robots, it's kind of annoying and people want this to be better supervised.

Do you understand what I'm saying now? Or just going to blatantly defend your position and trading "prowess" anyway?
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
"
MBQ wrote:

What you seem to fail to realise is that you'll get automated messages from robots. And you'll get 30 of them in the same second. That is the issue people have with these exploits. If you were beat to a good deal by another person, nobody would care. But since you're being beat by robots, it's kind of annoying and people want this to be better supervised.

Do you understand what I'm saying now? Or just going to blatantly defend your position and trading "prowess" anyway?

And what makes you assume that everyone whispering you is a robot? I'm usually part of that spam and most of the people I whisper back when I get spammed are people too. I'd be interested in seeing the data you've collected.
Last edited by AmBasketball on Aug 13, 2017, 5:06:13 PM
"
AmBasketball wrote:
"
MBQ wrote:

And what makes you assume that everyone whispering you is a robot? I'm usually part of that spam and most of the people I whisper back when I get spammed are people too. I'd be interested in seeing the data you've collected.

Because it takes about 7minutes for poe.trade to recognise your item, but you get a message within 2 seconds of placing the item. And you get 30 identical messages "@MBQ Hi, I would like to buy your XXX listed for YYY chaos in Harbinger (stash tab "whatever"; position: left 9000, top 666)"

Do you think it's coincidence all those people were looking for your item in some deep dark web and sent you 30 messages at the same time? I don't know how much clearer I can make this...
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
"
MBQ wrote:

Because it takes about 7minutes for poe.trade to recognise your item

No, it does not (usually) take 7 minutes for poe.trade to update. I just set up a live search on tabulas and then listed mine for 1c. I got 1 whisper about 1 second before it came up on poetrade and then a whole bunch right after. It took about 45 seconds to show up on poetrade.

Now, I don't know if that 1 person was just closer to a cloudfare node or was scraping the API on their own, but I whispered them to see if they were a 'robot' and based on our conversation I'd guess not.

Feel free to actually test this though, it would save you a lot of butthurt.
There is a simple solution, don't buy at the lowest price listed. When you feed near the bottom you compete with the entire trading community, pay a bit more and have better stats and experience.
Recently I put really good magic jewel in public tab without pricing it, just to store it here until I regal it. Couple of seconds later my PM was exploded by dozens sniper whispers offering ridiculously low price. I had to remove that jewel and type /dnd and sit in dnd for 10 minutes. Such convenient trade.
"
K4r4k4s4 wrote:
Recently I put really good magic jewel in public tab without pricing it, just to store it here until I regal it. Couple of seconds later my PM was exploded by dozens sniper whispers offering ridiculously low price. I had to remove that jewel and type /dnd and sit in dnd for 10 minutes. Such convenient trade.

You put what is essentially an unfinished crafting into a public tab. Smart move.
Last edited by DramatikMan on Aug 14, 2017, 4:29:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info