[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
derpa

Not really he paid someone to configure it for him. Is this that hard to believe?

w/e makes you happy so using private indexer to gain advantage is legal in poe.

All I need to know. Thanks.

Please explain how it can be 5 minutes faster when items don't take 5 minutes to appear in poe.trade.

Did he pay him $10 to configure the Tardis for him or something?
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Please explain how it can be 5 minutes faster when items don't take 5 minutes to appear in poe.trade.

Did he pay him $10 to configure the Tardis for him or something?

Call the Doctor, someone is messing with time, probably an other, an evil Time Lord.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 11, 2017, 6:45:01 AM
go ssf, that way you wont need to deal with bullshit that is caused by lack of proper trading system
"
Aetherium wrote:
go ssf, that way you wont need to deal with bullshit that is caused by lack of proper trading system

Agreed !!!! I mean how much longer before trades require real life money transactions into "payPal" or some other types of accounts.

"Got your Item waiting Bro, Just waiting for your PayPal payment then we will meet"

This is not gonna end nicely.

I Just Started playing the Game and Have been basically playing SSF anyway, Now it seems the only way left to play "Legit" and gauge yourself and not feel dirty.
The game needs an actual trading system that cant be abused by what i can only assume is the RMT industry using corporate quality tools to force you the normal player to go without or spend money to them to acquire (even if its by needing to buy the currency to buy their listed overpriced items)

The ironic thing about this situation is this is exactly the reason another developer decided to go the RMT route officially...which didnt work out, and the end result was a game where you are self found no other option, which worked great...however i get many people like the trading sub game and metagame....which ill never really understand but i get people love it.

This game desperately needs a trade NPC. Load your items, put the price, list. Someone goes to npc, searches drops items into NPC window for trade and thats it.

Now myself being someone who thinks trading muddies the pure waters of ARPG if overdone, i would really like to see a cap on trade uses so you dont get someone with some bot buying up everything then reselling them at prices only the top 10% can afford (without RMT for orbs ofc)

The real difficulty is going to be community reaction, legit or not, to any trading system. Mind you any system that takes money out of the RMT'ers pocket is going to be met with massive resistance (this would be the non legit resistance). Happened in D3 where you could see the bots posting complaints about no more trading, while everyone else who had lived through a game with RMT and trading, and bots, and all the scummy things that came from it were scratching their heads as they played to acquire, which is pure and noble.

Basically adding a trading system will cause a revolt by people financially tied into not having one, and it gets really ugly...however the game desperately need a way for people who are fully employed and have other things going on in their life to play their couple hours a week of POE and trade for what they need successfully without RMT coming into the equation.
just for try, for see and for know
Can anyone from GGG say something about that f,.. trade system please.
If someone is listing an item far below it's value, of course someone is going to try to flip it. The value of an item is whatever people are willing to pay for it. If that happens to be higher than you'd like to pay for it then that sucks, but get over it. Don't cry on the forums every time you don't have enough currency to buy something. The people listing items at high prices wouldn't be doing it if people weren't buying.
if what gets you is the api snipers cornering an item and then price fixing, there's a way you can both benefit from their behavior and ruin their operation.

I'm not eager to share, but Be creative!
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
The current state of POE reminds me of another larger similar game a few years back where the only way to progress endgame was to either RMT for the items or use bots and/or script and just farm farm farm the badly implemented AH to then be able to pay the overpriced fixed items you wanted. Then after people left, they changed that game and it became a blast to play again.

Here, currently, can't even get low level endgame simple items as the items are bought out even before they reach poe.trade, a third party tool you already need to use because GGG didn't want the game to turn into what was once that other game. Yet here we are, and it's happened for other reasons than an actual proper AH.

Only way a normal player can compete is to join them. You know what, I play for fun, not to hook into API layers and get massive advantages over most normal people.

Will see how far i can get with what I have, and i think Im done with POE.
"
wolfmyth wrote:
The current state of POE reminds me of another larger similar game a few years back where the only way to progress endgame was to either RMT for the items or use bots and/or script and just farm farm farm the badly implemented AH to then be able to pay the overpriced fixed items you wanted. Then after people left, they changed that game and it became a blast to play again.

Here, currently, can't even get low level endgame simple items as the items are bought out even before they reach poe.trade, a third party tool you already need to use because GGG didn't want the game to turn into what was once that other game. Yet here we are, and it's happened for other reasons than an actual proper AH.

Only way a normal player can compete is to join them. You know what, I play for fun, not to hook into API layers and get massive advantages over most normal people.

Will see how far i can get with what I have, and i think Im done with POE.

This entire post is absolute bullshit and you know it. Someone bought the item you wanted so now you're here talking out your ass because you've never been denied gratification before.

There is no armada of people out there preventing you from reaching endgame. No one would be able to gear for endgame if that were true.

"
Only way a normal player can compete is to join them.

Again, absolutely incorrect.

The number of things you're making up more or less invalidates the entire point you're trying to make.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info