[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

One of the people who use "sniping" tools just called me stupid for not using one. Of course it was insinuated and not said directly. Sent a report but I don't expect GGG to do anything about it. Anyway, they did not say that "sniping" is allowed. In this league, they just changed something to make it a little more fair for other, but whatever they did isn't enough. A LOT of people still get to abuse the API.

Now that GGG has released an official trade site, I hope they make it illegal to "snipe" items wherein they ping sellers less than 30 seconds or 1 minute after posting an item. I'm not saying drop the ban hammer, but disallow them to trade for a couple of weeks or something like that. At least this discourages them from abusing what they're allowed to do.

In my opinion, a good number of people who use sniping tools are those who actually sell in-game currency for real money. They focus on sniping items which increase your ability to get more stuff such as Goldwyrm or Ventors to make it harder for everyone to get currency or items. This enables the idea that perhaps it's better to just buy the currency with real money since I can't get what I need fast enough.

Anyway, GGG will never really read this or perhaps even care. I'm just a lowly peasant by the end of the day and they have better stuff to worry about.

Great game anyway. Love POE a lot more than D3.

Thanks for reading.
As long as 3rd party trading is a thing then people will abuse the fuck out of it with no consequences.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
No matte what trade system they'll introduce in the future, or how they decide to change it; things like this will not go away. It's pretty clear (to me, at least), that GGG want you to be able to snipe and price fix all the way to the bank. And as long as GGG want us to, there will always be a way for players with the know-how to outsmart us all.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
And as long as GGG want us to, there will always be a way for players with the know-how to outsmart us all.

The only way to get hem to listen will be voting with our wallets - but will enough people do it?
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Seems like even with the delay changes some players have ways to buy items a considerable amount of time before they appear on poe.trade's instant live search. This is especially notable with high ticket items that are in high demand (Yriel's Fostering, Shroud of The Lightless, Shaper/Elder bases etc). It is kind of discouraging as it gives a few players an unfair advantage and it artificially raises the prices as they are only buying stuff for reselling, not actually to use.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info