[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

"
AmBasketball wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
a person sitting in front of poe.trade and manually refreshing every minute

Sweet jesus you don't even know about the instant live search on poetrade?

I do. My point is that without resorting to automated tools doing the searching for you, be it poe.trade or some other indexer, you have no chance of buying anything that hasn't been price fixed. Because the price fixers snatch up items in less than a minute, as you yourself have seen.
Lol, I sniped obviously crafted ES chest piece at a fraction of its real price, it's still possible. But mb these are of no interest for abusers.
ggg encourages and supports all and any kind of shady deals.

You're using a bot and get caught? No biggy. Create another account and bot again till they catch you.

You scam people left and right? No problem. [Removed by Support] will take the blame for you and you can go about your bussiness undisturbed.

You're using 3rd party programs to scratch the api on the bum for brodeals? No problem. That's intelligent use of game mechanics.

You keep living the Wraeclastian dream.

Meanwhile people make a living off PoE without streaming.

And ggg encourages and approves that kind of behaviour.

"
tm10067 wrote:
Lol, I sniped obviously crafted ES chest piece at a fraction of its real price, it's still possible. But mb these are of no interest for abusers.

Yeah dude nobody givers a flying fuck about standard. Like any actual sniper sits in an otherwise empty league. The things being discussed in this thread happen in temporary leagues.
I get about a third of the items I try for on live search, most of the time people simply change price, the other times someone have beaten me to the punch.

I accidentally listed a 350p DPS lioneye's for 1c a few days ago and had 20 whispers in 10 seconds

I would like to see a currency exchange in-game though. Trying to buy orbs off poe.trade is horrendous atm.
Last edited by _Trekka on Aug 17, 2017, 9:24:53 AM
This is how the economy has been for quite a while now. The sky didnt fall, its still very easy to get deals if you learn how to use the search engine a bit better, and generally its a non-issue that people just like to whine about.

Setting up your own tracker is very easy, so not doing it is on you. Also poe.trade isnt the only public tracker, nor the fastest. The only excuse you have is laziness.
HAIL SATAN!
ggg or Poe Trade or some kind soul should share Api Snipers for all who want to have equal chance at trade. Problem solved.
Last edited by Sidad on Aug 17, 2017, 10:43:51 AM
"
Burgingham wrote:
"
tm10067 wrote:

Yeah dude nobody givers a flying fuck about standard. Like any actual sniper sits in an otherwise empty league. The things being discussed in this thread happen in temporary leagues.

While I'm sure it's much worse in temp leagues, as a Standard player I'd just like to confirm that sniping does in fact happen in Standard as well.
i'm 0/10 tries on items posted under 1min -- all bought by snipers
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Some things in life are inevitable. Death. Taxes. And PoE having an unbearably shitty trade system infested with scammers, API sniping botters, RMTers, and other scum.

GGG sees this as a feature, not a bug. Those neckbeard losers are a targeted portion of the playbase. This is a FEATURE of the game, as far as GGG is concerned, or it never would have lasted this long. It's been part of the game since day 1.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Dec 21, 2017, 7:19:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info