[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
LastxResort wrote:
Any tips for the Trio in Uber Atziri? I got destroyed.

Thanks

titty bitch first, fire dude second , cycloner last.

its probably better to not run with rf vs them since a ton of their damage will be damage over time which rf builds have trouble with.

"
Karleon wrote:
Hi , how good Atziri's Splendour ? Check my equip , put it for instead of my body ? Evasion and Energy Shield or Armour and Energy Shield ?

splendor is just good for trash clearing since the life mana on kill is a huge amount of sustain. that being said .. trash wouldnt be called trash if it was anything more than trash . so you have to wonder if having an item / build specifically good for just trash is really really worth it.

if all you are doing is crushing maps really fast .. then a 5l splendor is a pretty darn good investment since you will just be zipping around with rf on anyway.

but it does next to nothing against bosses that dont have adds spawning consistently

this is also why the shadow is the weaker pick for this style. most of his perks require the death of something to proc... infact both of his major damage nodes in trickster are fueled by death instead of hits making him ironically weaker vs single targets like bosses (despite being technically an assassin in the lore.. lol)

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 13, 2017, 9:20:07 AM
Hi,
I've been following this build to a decent level of success, and now I want to try uber atziri.
I can take guardians on unmodded maps with little trouble, and I beat that t16 vaal map (though I died like 5 times). That said, I've been struggling to find ways to improve on what I have now without spending like 300c; I'm currently working on quality-ing up the gems that matter, but that's all I can think of that's not prohibitively expensive.
Is my build good enough to take on uber atziri now? if not, what should I change?
My gear:
Spoiler

I use
in elemental weakness maps or when I know my resists will be messed with in general

here's my Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/kuTQmk99

Thank you for your time, and thank you for this build, it's been really fun!
So, I'm having some difficulty.

I'm level 77, been following the posted tree, and I'm wearing pretty much the best gear I can afford at this point. Looking at the example gear in the OP and even at the gear the dude above me is running (presumably he's been doing alright if he wants to hit up Uber Atziri) mine is quite comparable. Minor improvements at this point cost dozens of chaos, which I simply don't have. I have no idea how to link my actual stuff, but my characters are public if you want to take a look.

And I'm getting absolutely shrekt in T6 maps. Even T5 are pushing my survivability. I did Ramparts earlier and the bosses were nearly one-shotting me with every leap slam. I just barely eked out a win, using every single portal and filling my belt with life flasks. If I get stuck on a random pebble and can't shield charge away, a group of blues or a harbinger pack will destroy me. And this is without Righteous Fire turned on, so max defense mode.

What the heck do I do? How can I ever hope to challenge the game's real content like basic Atziri or Uber Izaro to finish my Ascendancy if I can barely get through content three levels below me with what is essentially the best gear I'm going to get?
"
StandardFiend wrote:

I'm level 77, been following the posted tree, and I'm wearing pretty much the best gear I can afford at this point ...
What the heck do I do? How can I ever hope to challenge the game's real content like basic Atziri or Uber Izaro to finish my Ascendancy if I can barely get through content three levels below me with what is essentially the best gear I'm going to get?

I am by no means an expert (i was just coming here to post thanks) but can maybe give an insight, but unfortunately things will get a little expensive from here as there isn't much you can do without adding a new chest with more links.

What i did mid 50's is look on poe.trade for a Corrupted chest with +mana, +life and the requisite colours for optimal SR (BBBBRG) which will easily double your Scorching ray output which will in turn improve clearspeed and general map killing to allow you to make money to do more stuff. I jsut sold my old chest for ~18c which is about as low as you can get for a 6l but will be worth every single C.

RF - especially with your Scepter should be giving a huge chunk of offense too. With Orb or storms proccing Elemental equilibrium anything within the circle of death should just incinerate - so try to keep it on.

I had more luck with Essence worm/Purity of fire, Clarity and Arctic Armour and Orb of Storms dropping Vulnerability curse than flammability, but YMMV. I got well lucky though and found a Mirror Fragment which got me a Atziri's splendor so feel free to laugh at my "18c is cheap". this i my pastebin link - Clearing Yellow T12's quite happily and not sure how much of that is the Posh Chest. Mostly it's the 350k DPS Scorching ray. https://pastebin.com/MZNvxWM7

anway - OP - thanks for the build. Followed it +/- a few bits and having a ball :)
Just wanted to poke my head in and provide something of a frame-of-reference for some of the gearing questions. I'm currently level 88 in HHC with this build (started as SSF but finally gave into temptation and migrated lol). I've filled my atlas 1-9 and shaped my chosen 5/6 (Mesa/DoctorForest), and am chaining reasonably comfortably. Uber Lab is braindead easy up until Izzie, and he's not too bad without buffs.

With that said, I'm not entirely sure I can see this build performing exceptionally well at higher levels compared to many top-tier builds this league (several of which I played with in SC to test the new content before going back to the dark side). Going all-in on the ungodly expensive transition to LL RF is a legit option for advancement, but at this point, for HC at least, I'm leaning toward the conclusion that I'm better off using this toon/gear largely as-is to farm 10/11 and save up for a stronger build.

Current gear for reference:
Spoiler

The most obvious areas for improvement are the illusive 6th link on Splendour and a 21 PoF (I have 6 leveling at the moment). Just crafted the marble and it's so-so but needs more work. I also got sick of the orb setup and recently switched to Witchfire with Shield Charge proccing both EE and EO, the QoL improvement is substantial and the damage is about the same. Some of the individual rares look a little janky but cobbling together the right amounts of mana, manaregen, and dex is pretty much the crux of gearing this build (getting enough dex to not need multiple 30-nodes is a huge pain).

Anyway, I hope that maybe some of this helps provide a little reference while highlighting some of the build's points-of-pain. It's also entirely possible that I'm missing some easy improvements, so I'd love to know if you notice anything I didn't mention. ^^
GG GGG <3
Last edited by Bladewing_M on Sep 17, 2017, 7:28:50 AM
"
Iteken wrote:
"
StandardFiend wrote:

I'm level 77, been following the posted tree, and I'm wearing pretty much the best gear I can afford at this point ...

I am by no means an expert (i was just coming here to post thanks) but can maybe give an insight, but unfortunately things will get a little expensive from here as there isn't much you can do without adding a new chest with more links.

What i did mid 50's is look on poe.trade for a Corrupted chest with +mana, +life and the requisite colours for optimal SR (BBBBRG) which will easily double your Scorching ray output which will in turn improve clearspeed and general map killing to allow you to make money to do more stuff. I jsut sold my old chest for ~18c which is about as low as you can get for a 6l but will be worth every single C.

RF - especially with your Scepter should be giving a huge chunk of offense too. With Orb or storms proccing Elemental equilibrium anything within the circle of death should just incinerate - so try to keep it on.

I had more luck with Essence worm/Purity of fire, Clarity and Arctic Armour and Orb of Storms dropping Vulnerability curse than flammability, but YMMV. I got well lucky though and found a Mirror Fragment which got me a Atziri's splendor so feel free to laugh at my "18c is cheap". this i my pastebin link - Clearing Yellow T12's quite happily and not sure how much of that is the Posh Chest. Mostly it's the 350k DPS Scorching ray. https://pastebin.com/MZNvxWM7

anway - OP - thanks for the build. Followed it +/- a few bits and having a ball :)

Currently, the cheapest level-appropriate 6l with the right colors, even corrupted, is 39c. Well beyond my assets. I did find a bargain on a 5l Splendour (it was massively underpriced) which will certainly help in clearing packs once I can find the dex to put it on, but it won't help with bosses.

One of the biggest problems is, with RF on my mana and hp regen are hit so hard that I have to blitz through my flasks when fighting the bosses that nearly one-shot me, meaning I just can't fight them long enough to make use of the extra damage. And with RF off, I have to stand there and take hits in order to channel SR. Even if I could get a 6l, it doesn't solve the problem of me getting hit for 60-80% of my life (and Mana) with each hit from a boss.
Just had another quick look and spotted a few things:

Your life seems petty low at 4.8k - there'll be a few items you are wearing with either no or very little life that should be on a priority list to upgrade. 60+ life & mana rings should be 1-2c.

gems too - Yellow ~12% damage over time / 6% life gems are usually 1-2c or two if you shop around. Slotting them in place of your existing gems will help with the life pool.

Righteous fire is just a game of life + mana. Prioritizing it everywhere as a primary stat shoudl get you to ~5.5k which will help immensely. If you have enough resists (i foudn resistances very easy with this build) then get an "immortal Flesh" belt - again should only be a C or 2, and really helps with mana and life re/degen.

May have missed something too but i can't see a Decoy totem in there? Bosses should be distractable with it allowing you to start melting them with SR/RF. On higher level maps they do hit hard, but with the regen availible it should fill back up pretty quickly.

Anyway enough rambling. i'm sure an expert will be along soon - GL&HF
Can someone look at my current build and tell me why, even with what seems like good gear for the level, i am just barely able to out-regen the RF or is that just how this build is?

Thank,
"
Lanthrum wrote:
Can someone look at my current build and tell me why, even with what seems like good gear for the level, i am just barely able to out-regen the RF or is that just how this build is?

Thank,

In fact, you need more HP regen... buy some Marble amulet for example, stat: X% Increase life regen is perfect.

And too maybe pick some more life nodes, more HP = bigger regen...

@Bladewing_M : thanks for your post, Brine helm looks like interesting choice - big armour and mana regen boost while channeling SR... can will help with boss fights... Bud will be very hard obtain this RF dmg Enchant.
Last edited by Subothai on Sep 18, 2017, 3:10:56 PM
I haven't had a problem with resists yet, but retaining them while upgrading my life and also maintaining the mana and mana regen is proving difficult. I have an Immortal Flesh so if I can well overcap then I'll wear it.

Straight off I can improve my boots. They don't have any life. I'm prepared to spend a few c on some good boots. Unfortunately, once I get boots and new jewels and trinkets I probably won't be able to upgrade to a 5l chest.

And here I thought this was supposed to be a "cheap starter build" :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info