[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Since the league is 1 week old, any suggestions on how to level this build fast.
Tabula + brightbeak?
Last edited by Oilure on Aug 15, 2017, 7:35:22 AM
"
Oilure wrote:
any suggestions on how to level this build fast.

This guide has a "tips while leveling" part, and it works fine.

Short form of what i did: 2x Pyre rings (150+% damage!), 2x lifesprigs with Totem/ContDestr/Firestorm and ScorchRay/ContDestr/ElementalFocus, Wanderlust. Take life/mana nodes+ MoM, and you breeze through up till act 10.
"
xythian wrote:

This is a good question. The 2 nodes to capture Light of Divinity grant the following DPS gains.

RF: +0.3% DPS or ~0.15% DPS per point spent
SR Stage 1: +3.3% DPS or ~1.65% DPS per point spent

Total: ~1.8% DPS per point spent

I thought RF doesn't scale with spell damage
"
Hakurd wrote:
"
xythian wrote:

This is a good question. The 2 nodes to capture Light of Divinity grant the following DPS gains.

RF: +0.3% DPS or ~0.15% DPS per point spent
SR Stage 1: +3.3% DPS or ~1.65% DPS per point spent

Total: ~1.8% DPS per point spent

Light of Divinity gives str also which = hp = more rf dmg.
"
Hilllo wrote:
"
Hakurd wrote:

Light of Divinity gives str also which = hp = more rf dmg.

Yes I thought it was too much for 10 str

What problems you guys see with these changes? the dps is much higher

https://pastebin.com/Xfsz0gRH
i'm struggling with this build - help would be much appreciated.

Started using RF around level 43 and bought items to make it happen, had to take a lot of time in PoB to get my net life and mana regen positive. But planning my passive skill tree for the future, as I start taking the max life nodes my net mana regen decreases progressively until it's negative. How can I avoid this? I'm a new player btw so sorry if this is a noob question. I've read the guide extensively, and the section that talks about fixing the mana degen would involve me having to replace some of my current items - and that would crash my net hp regen to negative.
Last edited by iGotHoes on Aug 15, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
"
iGotHoes wrote:

Started using RF around level 43 and bought items to make it happen, had to take a lot of time in PoB to get my net life and mana regen positive. But planning my passive skill tree for the future, as I start taking the max life nodes my net mana regen decreases progressively until it's negative. How can I avoid this? I'm a new player btw so sorry if this is a noob question. I've read the guide extensively, and the section that talks about fixing the mana degen would involve me having to replace some of my current items - and that would crash my net hp regen to negative.

Easy answer? Park RF and level with scorch.
Has anyone successfully sustained RF with MoM? I want to see their gear so i can visualize how much mana/manaregen im going to need on gear
"

Has anyone successfully sustained RF with MoM? I want to see their gear so i can visualize how much mana/manaregen im going to need on gear

I have no issues leaving RF on with my current gear.
"
iGotHoes wrote:

Don't bother with RF until you get Rise of the Phoenix and a high level purity of fire. Scorching Ray with double pyre is good enough until maps, no need to rush into it. It'll also feel great once you turn it on and can actually sustain it properly :D

As for later on, you actually NEED at least a few pieces of your gear with mana+mana regen.

By the way, in PoB, make sure your fire resist is actually capped by adding a random piece of gear with fire res just to cap it off. You definitely should be able to, I'm running T8's and can sustain my mana even on vulnerability maps.
Last edited by Noobflapse on Aug 15, 2017, 7:13:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info