Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

One of the worst difficult curves ever implemented. It would be like mandating killing merciless malachai before being able to do maps.

Most players won't have 4000 life and 75 all res by this level. If GGG wanted 3.0 to welcome new players, then Kitava is doing no one any favors.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
One of the worst difficult curves ever implemented. It would be like mandating killing merciless malachai before being able to do maps.

Most players won't have 4000 life and 75 all res by this level. If GGG wanted 3.0 to welcome new players, then Kitava is doing no one any favors.

Why wouldn't new players have begun capping resistances at this point? The main reason why I had my resistances capped was because I was preparing for the final resistance drop. Mapping with less than capped resistances is a terrible idea.

Still, perhaps there should be a warning for new players that resistances will drop after Kitava in Acts 5 and 10.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Why wouldn't new players have begun capping resistances at this point? The main reason why I had my resistances capped was because I was preparing for the final resistance drop. Mapping with less than capped resistances is a terrible idea.

Still, perhaps there should be a warning for new players that resistances will drop after Kitava in Acts 5 and 10.

I have played since open beta and it has never been a requirement to have max resists to finish the act content. Bosses should have attacks that can be evaded with practice instead of ground is lava omg youre dead because you dont have 4000/75 life/res.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I was anxious about the act10 kitava confrontation, because I believed the nonsense in this thread.

I had 3,5k life as an evasion character and I tanked kitava attacks to the face multiple times and I didn't tp back to town once.
Use the appropriate pantheon powers to combat kitava and he's not that bad.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
I found Kitava to be a joke.I capped my resistances, made sure to have 30k dps and just smashed him, using my health flask once in a while. 0 deaths against Kitava. At the time, I think was level 69 though and operating on my 5-link with about 3.5k health. This was with a melee build literally standing right next to him.

Sure, Kitava is a joke with those stats but those stats are not normal. 5L and 30k DPS is definitely not something you will get commonly while playing through those 10 acts. You will have to trade for such gear or would be very very lucky.

Kitava is overtuned in its current form with respect of how much ramp up there is from previous Act bosses and enemies leading to Kitava. The fact you can not go to low tier maps to get some gear, which is now probably better areas to farm than those Act 10 areas available to us. I could farm last area before Kitava just fine because I had high movement speed and fast movement skill, however, if characters are slower it would be pain.

The one attack where Kitava sets the entire arena on fire is debatable. I had maxed fire resist so I didn´t die, but apart from that one every single one of Kitavas attacks is dodgeable and everything he´s doing is well telegraphed.

No idea about maps before Kitava, but you can go into merciless lab and haul all the gear you could possibly need for Kitava from there.
Last edited by Floppinger on Aug 10, 2017, 5:54:09 AM
Kitava fight is the dumbest shit I´ve ever seen. You go in there, die because of the massive area effects/mobs, revive, buff up, go in again, die again a couple of seconds later, rinse repeat. Sucks. Same with every boss fight now. Massive area effects wich you can not even evade. Every f***ing boss has roomfilling effects now. Awesome? Fun? Tactical? Not at all. Just stupid.
I already knew that after fighting kitava the first time in part 1 that part 2 kitava will be the same, seems like it's more just a placebo scene you have to go through than a realistic and a doable fight, thats why i've made a level up first before i entered the arena since i knew this will be 101% undoable with the frst batch of (leveling) gear.

People may revisit Kitava later with their endagme gear to win this fight but i see no reason for that at all since it's totally meaningless.

- Best Signature Ever -
Kitava fight is complete chaos and frankly quite irritating. First time I killed him on a 69 lvl spectral throw raider with crappy gear, died about a dozen times. Second time on a frost blades raider (cruel lab done before that) with decent stats and gear (again 69 lvl, 3,5k HP, capped resistances, around 25k dps). Still died twice. One time I got into a completely unavoidable AoE situation, I regret not taking a video to show that it was literally unavoidable. And the second time right when I got back in and as soon as I moved, a mob one-shotted me...

The fight needs serious rework. This is not difficult mechanics, this is plain stupid mechanics. Doubt I will be trying hardcore any time soon, I don't play 16 hours a day, I have work during the week so I can't be bothered to waste time and start new characters over and over and over again due to dumb mechanics, considering this fight now is mandatory to get to maps. Monstrously retarded decision btw. How do GGG expect new players to deal with this is beyond me. You're just pandering to the "elite" no life streamers and they are not your main audience, just sayin'.

Keep in mind that my 2nd raider was already geared with quite good gear from maps tier 1-3 from the previous raider. Most people will probably be in the low-mid 2k HP pool, uncapped resistances and lousy DPS at that point. And if you're playing hardcore you will be stuck running low level 61-63 zones for gear and levels because I don't care how good you are or if you are the God of PoE, random trash mobs hitting harder than the f-ing Shaper before you even start mapping is beyond stupid. Unavoidable AoE attacks and being one-shotted doesn't make the fight interesting and challenging, they make it irritating and annoying especially considering it is mandatory, at least give people the chance to get some gear before fighting this bullshit (once again - the dumbest decision ever).
Last edited by Drakaris on Aug 10, 2017, 9:02:12 AM
Honestly you shouldn't be at 2k HP at Kitava, if you are you made a mistake potentially. Because with 2k HP many other bosses would likely be very terrifying as well.

Also unavoidable AoE situations are not uncommon, but there are very few AoEs that actually kill you. Dominus had unavoidable AoE situations, Malachai often had them, but after time you got used to which ones actually deal damage and which are just tickling. I think Kitava has some sort of flamebreath which basically covers the whole area however it deals very little damage.

And with all honesty I think cruel Malachai was harder when he was released. Merc definitly was, but you could skip him anyway. Not sure about Dominus who was really deadly too.

The unusual thing about Kitava is not his difficulty, but the fact you cannot access maps before killing him, which is unlike any other endboss thus far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info