Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

After second death on Kitava, i stopped trying. I just stayed in those AOE, dpsing him, throwing my corpses on top of him. That is a bad sign. Too much aoe, arena is too small to dodge anything.
Last edited by Zloberik on Aug 8, 2017, 10:52:33 AM
First time playing through the game. Geared well up to this point (maxing res and grabbing decent phys bow). Only real problem before this boss was the rebounding axe throwers in the Ravaged Square.

Tried getting more Chaos res (+40%). No difference. Next thought was gain levels, but can't figure out how to get past the dialog on the map device. I'm confused and can't really progress without farming zones <4 levels below me.

Is there anything a new player can do to get past the level ~70 softcap? I don't understand what to do. Is this BrotherLaz's doing? How do I get past his immune shield or avoid the 1 shot mechanics?
"
Sofunk wrote:

Yeah, acts. That's why I play PoE. To be stuck in fucking acts grinding levels to progress rofl.

I prefere act progression much over map progression. The game should begin at act 1 and not in the first map. It seems that people that want easy bosses would much rather have all acts removed so that they can start mapping. Why not just start the game at tier 10 maps...
"
macbeth78 wrote:
For me Kitava act 10 has been a real pain... i simply derped after it.

Also lunaris and solaris and Gruthkul have been a freaking pain.

All theese 3 fights have some things thing in common :
enemy spells were not dodgeable... at least for me.
enemy spells were barely visible because of the same color of the ground (Kitava act 10 and Gruthkul)
i didnt' have the possibility to recharge flasks (Especially with lunaris and Gruthkul).

I saw some build that simply managed to face tank everything... but i would like the possibility to continue to use my build with proper dodging... I don't pretend to kill stuff fast... i can waste 30 min.. getting aoed by undodgeable crap is not fun...

Avarius, in my opinion, was a really fun fight... managed to kill it in a long fight and enjoyed the fight in general.

I don't think Kitava is can be face tanked in non end game level gear. Unless its something extremly cheese like molten striker.
Last edited by Asheren on Aug 9, 2017, 6:02:18 PM
Kitava wasn't too bad for me, got that sucker on first try, there were some times I thought I was going to bite it, but fast fingers kept me up. His adds helped in topping off your flasks, not a bad fight tbh.

Thanks for your experience on this fight, I think from what I have seen and your story, I'm going to beef up my melee a bit more and see how that goes. at one time or another all the end bosses were tough, act 4 boss was the toughest for me when he was in his prime and not the watered down state currently.

good luck on taking Kitava down.
If you're life based, don't be afraid to leap in and out of portals. I took one look at the mechanics and decided "yeah, ok, im totally gonna dodge all that" and simply filled my flask slots up with seething divines.

Just make sure your HP is comfortably above 4k if you plan on this.
I just finished act 10 earlier and the monsters were much harder then kitava. Maybe I got lucky but he seems to charge up in one area and can't switch so I just keep leaping to the other side. I didn't really get fortify up at all, never felt like I came close to a one shot. Had about 3.8k life nothing else to great.

I took the berserk leech and warcry heal so I could last in longer fights. Used EQ Phys + Bleed as well as a warchief totem which probably did most of the work since I was playing cautious to see the mechanics.
you guys need to learn to dodge, i died once with gear i found while levelling which was pretty shit only reason i died the once was because multi-strike locked me in place and I couldn't move in time and got wrecked. All this kitava is extremely overtuned got me paranoid and it was actually pretty easy. Most of the attacks can easily tell whats coming just watching kitava's animations.
I found Kitava to be a joke.I capped my resistances, made sure to have 30k dps and just smashed him, using my health flask once in a while. 0 deaths against Kitava. At the time, I think was level 69 though and operating on my 5-link with about 3.5k health. This was with a melee build literally standing right next to him.

Innocence by comparison was a much harder fight; he just destroyed my character every 5 seconds with his ray at max resistance.
Well i was expecting worse. Only died 3 times during the fight with 2k hp, uncapped resistances and not knowing anything about the fight mechanics. Placing a Decoy Totem to the other side of the map significantly reduced the amount of attacks i must dodge. Died 2 times on his X attack because you can't see the red effets on red textures and i was in a very wrong place when he started to burn the entire map so i ended up dying in flames as my 3rd.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on Aug 10, 2017, 1:36:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info