Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

I managed to kill it with a lv70 Flamblast inquisitor. I died only once. I ported out only 2 times to regen my flasks.
I had 2.3k HP and 1.4k ES in that fight.
If you die too much, maybe you need 3 seething hallowed life flasks, enfeeble + blasphemy and orb of storm + curse on hit + temporal chains + power charge gain on critical hit. That setup protects you very well from those hard hitting minions who are the biggest threat.
Try to stay at the mid section of the room border as long as possible because most 1-shot mechanisms are in the corners when he uses his hands. Run to the corners only when he uses his mouth laser and flame throwing skill.
Using that tactic, the boss will be very easy to deal with. I killed it in less than 5 minutes
Last edited by DarthGlorious on Aug 13, 2017, 8:27:02 PM
Very agreed, this is just more "let's throw a bunch of shit at the player, maybe something will kill him" design. Except worse than ever.

A huge part of the problem is that there's very poor telegraphing of the attacks, and what little there is is inevitably lost among all the visual spam. In particular, there are basically no audio cues, which is a big problem considering Kitava is half offscreen for pretty much the entire fight.

And yeah, I shudder to think what an ES character is supposed to do in there except portal out every 2 seconds.
I just tried it and eventually I gave up.
I experienced severe lags whenever Kitava used one of his attacks.
Which is nice if doging is everything -.-

So, it is farming until I got enough HP and so on that even lags will not kill me. Oh wait .....

GGG knows how to motivate players ^^
Time and time again I witness the birth of a new born star.
I climb the highest mountain to find the essence of a new era.
I fainlly got through it yesterday, and ....
Well, it's not a bad fight ( only too many effects, I see how it can make people's computers laggy ... oh the terrible resolution it got down to .... ), it's scary, and puts the players on its toes, and that's a good thing imho.

However, the burning ground just deals a shitton of damage for a really wide area.
Sometimes it is possible to avoid it without too much troubles, and sometimes ... it seems that the only place not covered with it has that big black ball that strikes everything, which means ... no more safe spot to hide => portal or logout if you don't have flasks to burn to go through it, and then Kitava might throw you his slam-like move that you might not see because of the already present effects.

That was really the main thing that I didn't like about the fight, this part was too much imho.
Having effects on the ground is fine, but having too many effect overlapping with eachother, with too wide areas, being hard to see .... :/.
I don't want to know what an %inc area map boss will be like.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Killed him first time on HC Harbinger with 73 TS Raider, using like 3c worth gear. Fight overall is pretty easy, the only thing imho that should be tuned down is the damage of Blast. I had about 3.9k Hp and it took about 3k in one hit. Blast would not be a problem if it was easily telegraphed like Vaal/Dominus Slam or Malachai teleport-slam. Unfortunetly, the whole area is a mess with those degen pool and fire everywhere, so it's kinda hard to see incoming blast, especially if you have minions/totems. Other than that, fight is very easy for an experienced player. Took like 3 minutes and 3 portals overall to kill him. Pre-nerf Malacahai was way worse than A10 Kitava.
I didn't find him too hard for being the final boss- for reference I was lvl 69 I believe with kinda crap gear on a SR/CwC/Firestorm Trickster with around 3k life. Did it deathless, no TPs, though it was a bit white-knuckle.

My issue with it is mapping being gated behind him. For those that aren't very good at the game, they should have other options, and the storyline is a bit long and boring leading up to it, it'd be nice to be able to take a break from it and map in the 50's-60's as we used to.
"
Sardekar wrote:

My issue with it is mapping being gated behind him. For those that aren't very good at the game, they should have other options, and the storyline is a bit long and boring leading up to it, it'd be nice to be able to take a break from it and map in the 50's-60's as we used to.

+11111
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Just killed him on my SSF life+es arc/shock nova occultist. Died once to some mapwide degen with a skull icon, no idea what's that about. Otherwise the fight was pretty boring actually, not much is going on but the boss has too much HP. The only new boss that gave me adrenaline rush was Gruthkul (the spooky mama bear).
Tbh I like everything about Kativa aside from the bombs he activates. I got 1 shot by that the first time around and 3 more times in act 10. I'm now lvl 83 and that's still the only 4 deaths I had this league. The damage from those bombs need to be tuned down about 30% to make the boss balanced (from an experienced player's point of view). I have no idea how a noob would stand a chance at a clean run through that boss.

I was a ranger and around 3600 hp at act 10 Kativa.
Delirium IGN: Language
I think something important about Kitava is that he has to settle in. Because he is a lot more complicated than most other encounters. And even though I handily beat him now I'm still not really sure what is happening in the fight.

Does it matter that he grabs Innocence or Sin every once in a while? Will he not do certain attacks while he holds them? Such things will be clearer over time, right now he basically is a big clusterfuck of abilities he throws at you, which is not necessarily bad, but it seems odd considering how little different abilities other bosses use. Even Malachai has a very clear pattern, his Tentacle Portal, the Teleport, the traps and his mortar and that's it. 4 is often the magic number of attacks enemies have. Dominus has 4 (if you are not counting the teleport), Oversoul has 4 and I think Piety also has 4 (except for her two different forms, which both only have a single attack). Kitava easily has twice as many different attacks and that can easily get overwhelming, because you confuse them. For Dominus or also Innocence you know which attacks he does, because he announces them... feels a bit like Pokemon, but Kitava just does thing and visually telegraphing so many different attacks is hard, people will confuse them early on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info