Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

"
Durentis wrote:
Are there other bosses in the game that can't be culled?
Izaro in 1st and 2ns stages. Also probably 1st form of the granddaddy crab.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:
Are there other bosses in the game that can't be culled?
Izaro in 1st and 2ns stages. Also probably 1st form of the granddaddy crab.

Izaro's first two phases are different. In neither phase does his health bar drop to 10% or less, so I wouldn't expect culling strike to work to end the phase early. I would expect it to work, and I'm pretty sure it does, in the final phase.

Dunno about granddaddy crab.. should work for both forms of that though, imo.
Path of Exile seems to have only two states - enemies are easy, no challenge: Bit boring.
Or a screenload of crap and instadeath. All the boss fights seem to be a completely different game compared to zones, I understand that they're supposed to be 'special' but simply just throwing everything possible at the player at once kinda makes it a bit cheap. You're forced to play/build a particular way to continue playing. I feel sorry for all melee builds, have no idea how they're supposed to do anything.
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
So.. I just fought her, with my dark pact berserker with 13K dps, 5K hp, 11% hp regen and 25% hp every 2 sec from warcryes.... this boss is just stupid.

I have no idea how can someone without hp regen have any chance to kill him without 10 visits in town.

I was fighting him about 12 minutes, most of the time you have to run around dodgin stuff.. and there is a lot to dodge... thats and thats a problem. You spend 6/10 of the time dodgin stuff, which makes the fight even longer. And there is so much shit, that eventualy you will just die to bad luck of multiple effects.... Like cmon, 3 type of ground aoe at once + shooting lasers + jumping creeps with bleed + his hand attack... WTF GGG. He is shiting on you with 6 things in the same time.

Also He has so much hp. If this wasnt the case. .then mby it would make sense for him to stay this strong, but like this... you will just make a mistake of have bad luck. Again, IF I hadnt my warcry heal, I would have died to him 30 times... like this, it was ust about 5 on the second try (my electricity went down the first time.)

Also, for some fucking reason wither totem doesnt targets him.. Have fun trying to kill him with something that relies on it for boss kills.

You mean the final story mode Boss?

I did it without dying once, i only had around 2000 health at that time i believe, it is doable.

Do you prefer solo or doing it with a friend?
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Killed Kitava w/ my Gladiator sunder build without dying at lvl 72 w/ 20K dps (sunder dps w/ buffed), 3K life, 5K armour, 72% block, max all res & 36% chaos res. Not much life regen. I even face tank him most of the time, I just use Amethyst & Granite flask when he attack.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Last edited by boyandroid on Aug 21, 2017, 12:27:01 AM
I don't like how bosses from act 6 onward are able to OHKO you with stuff that are either unavoidable or very difficult to see / anticipate.

Kitava's last fire attack is a great example. I tried this fight 3 times in a row just to see if there was a trick to avoid getting hit by it, but no, it just covers the whole screen (unlike his previous fire attacks), and if you don't have the gear you just die. All attacks should be avoidable, gear checks are frustrating.

There's also so much clutter it makes reading the fight very difficult, and some hitboxes just seem odd. Basically I got hit when I wasn't expecting to get hit and didn't get hit when I was expecting to get hit.

But really it pretty much applies to all new bosses.

Compare this to a well designed old boss like Vaal Oversoul for example. This boss used to be able to OHKO you (I don't think it's still the case, probably got nerfed at some point), but his attacks are easy to see, read and understand. Everything is avoidable, even the first time you fight him. And he still used to kill players.

Losing because the game decided so isn't exactly fun.
Last edited by bm01 on Aug 21, 2017, 8:05:49 AM
"
bm01 wrote:
I don't like how bosses from act 6 onward are able to OHKO you with stuff that are either unavoidable or very difficult to see / anticipate.

Kitava's last fire attack is a great example. I tried this fight 3 times in a row just to see if there was a trick to avoid getting hit by it, but no, it just covers the whole screen (unlike his previous fire attacks), and if you don't have the gear you just die. All attacks should be avoidable, gear checks are frustrating.

There's also so much clutter it makes reading the fight very difficult, and some hitboxes just seem odd. Basically I got hit when I wasn't expecting to get hit and didn't get hit when I was expecting to get hit.

But really it pretty much applies to all new bosses.

Compare this to a well designed old boss like Vaal Oversoul for example. This boss used to be able to OHKO you (I don't think it's still the case, probably got nerfed at some point), but his attacks are easy to see, read and understand. Everything is avoidable, even the first time you fight him. And he still used to kill players.

Losing because the game decided so isn't exactly fun.

"Gear checks" as you call them aren't bad at all. It WILL happen at one point or another either way you go at it. This way though, you know when and where it will happen so you can properly prepare for it.

The fight isn't even hard at all. I managed to do it with my first character this league which was also a melee character with next to no life or defense to speak of at the time, and I didn't even die once. Got close, but that was on me not getting out of the way in time. With gear on a second build in a league it's back to how easy it was.

With that said though, for new players/first timers in a league with no budget to speak of, there should be some place you can farm to get geared enough for the fight. Merci Malachai was after maps unlocked, so you could go mapping to farm exp and currency and come back when you're strong enough. Kitava doesn't allow you to do that. I get it, story etc. But gameplay wise it's an odd choice.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:

With that said though, for new players/first timers in a league with no budget to speak of, there should be some place you can farm to get geared enough for the fight. Merci Malachai was after maps unlocked, so you could go mapping to farm exp and currency and come back when you're strong enough. Kitava doesn't allow you to do that. I get it, story etc. But gameplay wise it's an odd choice.

Imo merciless Lab covers that. But yeah, low tier maps are more convenient, and safer for HC.
Last edited by Floppinger on Aug 21, 2017, 9:36:41 AM
"
Floppinger wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Imo merciless Lab covers that. But yeah, low tier maps are more convenient, and safer for HC.
Also, to level up for Kitava, you have a limited choice of zones to repeat over and over again. In contrast, lower tier maps are more fun because you can have a wider variety of experiences, while leveling.

A highly linear process for leveling works against enjoyment, in the longer run. This is especially true for those who alt a fair amount.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Aug 21, 2017, 2:09:58 PM
Fun Fact the Kitava fight is Identical to the Old Iron King fight from dark souls 2
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info