3.0 Cold Pen Glacial Cascade Mines

I did not have a chimera map, but I downed minotaur, phoenix, and hydra tonight with relative ease.

I have never done guardian fights. I started in Breach (noob), played in legacy (made vaal spark strand farmer), and this time didn't know what I was going to do.

I did a quick youtube guide to see what mechanics were:

Minotaur: Died once - didn't get the whole tunneling thing
Hydra: Deathless
Phoenix: I died 4 times. I got him to about 35% before I died the first time. The frequency of all the rotating stuff and the decreased FR (my lowest resist as is) got me. I ended up suiciding into him, but still got the fragment.

Again, look at my characters and look at the sabotaeur (kiraikeui) for my complete noob setup. I would say it's definitely at least guardian viable. I'm not sure about shaper. These were on regular alch (i wasn't ready to corrupt for my first attempt) - I did reroll out of no-regen because that absolutely kills this build.
Another build demo video for you all: T15 Rare + Corrupted Overgrown Ruin, tough mods. (with vulnerability + Beyond + whatever other mods, map unidentified when I vaal'd it). Wanted to get a video of pretty much the toughest possible pre-T16 map stuff

- Ran this map without Hatred aura (no auras used) to show Essence worm ring isn't needed.

- Didn't use Carcass jack either.. Used rare chest with just life + resists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0a_vbLxkE

My gear is still pretty budget overall, and using a 5-link. I died like twice on the bosses but I was trying to not play cheesy with taking portal out to refill flasks, just for the sake of the video. Using portals smartly you can do the tougher modded T15 bosses deathless quite easily.

I also completed uber lab with this build, wasn't too bad. I'll try to get a video of that as well.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Aug 15, 2017, 12:58:02 PM
I did Minotaur and Phoenix (deathless) very easily with this build. I just got a 5L Tremor and a 4L carcass. Use lightning golem for more crit chance and I am lvl 91.

I havent thought this build has so much potential, I just paid ra 60c for this build. Would start again a league with this build!
Well.. Got Chimera down with some nasty damage mods on the map; was rare + corrupted. (wasn't deathless, but with it being chimera and how nuts the mods were it basically feels deathless just to get it down at all :P).

No 6-link and I'm still missing like 3-4 life nodes that I can easily have in a few levels; that'll make it a lot easier. Level 87 atm.
Have any of you switched from Ziggy D's skill tree to Windz? (Has a guide up in this forum he put up yesterday I believe).

I was about to make the switch today it seems Windz tree has more damage but a bit less life I think? It'll cost more than 30 respec points at the least too, any thoughts on this before I do it?

Will deff be tryin to replace the tremor rod too
I'm facing the same conundrum. Do I switch? The dagger / shield / carcass jack is going to cost me a lot, and then I'll have to rebalance all my gear.

I'm feeling pretty confident in my current set up, although I really like shield charge over flame dash, especially with the fortify. I think tremor would still be better for maps, but then again that's only a weapon thing so you could change your skill tree and just swap weapons.

M
"
bolerodefeu wrote:
I'm facing the same conundrum. Do I switch? The dagger / shield / carcass jack is going to cost me a lot, and then I'll have to rebalance all my gear.

I'm feeling pretty confident in my current set up, although I really like shield charge over flame dash, especially with the fortify. I think tremor would still be better for maps, but then again that's only a weapon thing so you could change your skill tree and just swap weapons.

M

Yeah same, I think the dagger can easily cost 50c + for one similar to his, not including the shield. I think you can get a Carcass Jack for like 30-40c though. Obviously will have to 5L or 6L it yourself though, and still find a shield.

I think even Ziggy's build/tree can run racecourse fine and farm it decently but I figured without shield charge it'll be much slower and could lack the damage to clear it as fast.

I'm just trying to get the gear together before I decide to fully switch my tree though, wonder how many regret orbs I'll have to use too since only have 20respec points or so right now.

Anyone else got any comments between the two builds?
guys.. the secret to this being a successful build is having a aurabot buddy (or two) :)
((double post, please delete))
Last edited by Overmasterr on Aug 15, 2017, 9:42:15 PM
"
Mistkron wrote:
I have been running my own Glacial Saboteur build before ZiggyD posted his video but I am sure he did tweak the build better for players that are new to the build.

I will try to provide more in-depth info if I can come onto the forum more often.

This is the item that I am running for players that intend to grasp an idea of how you can further evolve further down the Glacial Saboteur build than what was shown on the video running rares.

Spoiler

Armor like Carrcass Jack is a hidden gem to this build and should be a go-to.

Hi, thanks a ton for listing your gear. Really helping me scale into the late-game. Are you using pretty much exactly ZiggyD's skill tree or do you have your own take on it as well? Also, why so much evasion?
(For example, Evasion on the boots instead of Energy Shield. Are you using Phase Acrobatics or something?) Finally, what kind of ring are you using besides Essence Worm? Just a two-stone for more resists or what?

Thanks a ton!
Last edited by Overmasterr on Aug 15, 2017, 11:04:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info