3.0 Cold Pen Glacial Cascade Mines

Thelderon, You have your characters set to private so we can't view them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_8MBFyz7vM

Demo run from earlier today running this build.. Build pretty much crushes T9-T10+ maps with ease with garbage gear (its looking well capable of easily handling T14-T15's). If you guys want to be able to get a feel for the playstyle / build effectiveness give it a watch. Overall it's probably the funnest build I've played, just blinking around obliterating the entire screen. :)

Yellow T9 coves map in the vid.. Had probably 5c worth of gear and just using a 4-link. 3k life, lol. (using MoM though). Was experimenting with trying spell totem to detonate mines this map rather than doing it manually. I have done several yellow T10 maps as well with 0 issues (with hardest possible mod combinations). One nice part about this build (or using mines in general) is you don't care for what the mods are on the maps.. Can run anything.

Would highly recommend this build for a league starter or even a main build to play.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Aug 8, 2017, 6:39:17 PM
I'm running this build in HC, currently chilling in T4-5 maps.

Spoiler

no bamboozle pls
"
Enzymaticc wrote:

Demo run from earlier today running this build.. Build pretty much crushes T9-T10+ maps with ease with garbage gear (its looking well capable of easily handling T14-T15's). If you guys want to be able to get a feel for the playstyle / build effectiveness give it a watch. Overall it's probably the funnest build I've played, just blinking around obliterating the entire screen. :)

Did you beeline straight for mana nodes after damage started to pick up? I have prolly like 4 mana rolled gear pieces at level 45 but my mana pool is pathetic(500), and with half of it being reserved by hatred, it really doesn't seem like I have the mana pool to sustain spamming mines with tremor at all without giving myself carpal tunnel spamming mana flasks.
unfortunately I think having to constantly spam your mana flask is one of the main drawbacks for this build (that and the shit survivability), I don't know if there's an effective way around it. I found the most comfortable setup is placing detonate mines on spacebar
Last edited by Trentemoller on Aug 8, 2017, 6:09:51 PM
"
"
Enzymaticc wrote:

Did you beeline straight for mana nodes after damage started to pick up? I have prolly like 4 mana rolled gear pieces at level 45 but my mana pool is pathetic(500), and with half of it being reserved by hatred, it really doesn't seem like I have the mana pool to sustain spamming mines with tremor at all without giving myself carpal tunnel spamming mana flasks.

I didn't run hatred at all, don't really find it necessary or worth it for how much it reserves (didn't prioritize mana nodes either really). Just ran with Arctic Armor, and still do. :) Can either do that, or a blasphemy setup for something like temp chains.

"
Trentemoller wrote:
unfortunately I think having to constantly spam your mana flask is one of the main drawbacks for this build (that and the shit survivability), I don't know if there's an effective way around it. I found the most comfortable setup is placing detonate mines on spacebar

Yeah the mana flask part is true, definitely need to constantly be hitting that, but I disagree on the shit survivability part.. Since getting Mind over matter I've felt incredibly tanky as though I can just run in there into whatever. (: And that's with total crap gear.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Aug 8, 2017, 6:38:31 PM
What is your Spell Totem setup? I want to make room on my build for Orb of Storms (to proc Elemental Overload because I am noncrit), but I have no gem slots left, and this is partly because I can't figure out how to effectively 2-link Spell Totem. If I try to put it in any other 3 or 4 link gear, it Spell Totems things that I don't want Spell Totemed, so for now I just have it in a 3-link with Minion/Totem Resistance.
"
Trentemoller wrote:
What is your Spell Totem setup? I want to make room on my build for Orb of Storms (to proc Elemental Overload because I am noncrit), but I have no gem slots left, and this is partly because I can't figure out how to effectively 2-link Spell Totem. If I try to put it in any other 3 or 4 link gear, it Spell Totems things that I don't want Spell Totemed, so for now I just have it in a 3-link with Minion/Totem Resistance.

At the moment I have Spell totem + Detonate mine + Faster Casting (just so the totem is less annoying to drop down when needed).
"
Trentemoller wrote:

When you get the Essence Worm ring you free up that mana to work for you with MoM.

I'm currently level 77, have 3700 life and 2100 mana. None of my mana is reserved so I can take pretty big hits with MoM and still cast. My gear is pretty meh so far, with only real chaos spent on Tremor Rod and Essence Worm (since their prices are kinda inflated right now).

Gear so far:

I only carry one mana pot and only have to use it once or twice a map at most. My other pots are Quicksilver, Life, nothing special.
"
LazloHo wrote:
"
Trentemoller wrote:

When you get the Essence Worm ring you free up that mana to work for you with MoM.

I'm currently level 77, have 3700 life and 2100 mana. None of my mana is reserved so I can take pretty big hits with MoM and still cast. My gear is pretty meh so far, with only real chaos spent on Tremor Rod and Essence Worm (since their prices are kinda inflated right now).

Gear so far:

I only carry one mana pot and only have to use it once or twice a map at most. My other pots are Quicksilver, Life, nothing special.

I really want to buy essence worm right now and try that, but the other part of me wants to just wait a day or two to see if it gets a lot cheaper. I bought Tremor rod for like 9c, and then literally the next day it was down to 2-3c.. -.- haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info