3.0 Cold Pen Glacial Cascade Mines

Killed hydra with ease, coulnt do minotaur, he kept 1 shotting me, next time ill try with less rippy mods. T1-15 8 mods finished it was very easy.
Halls of Grandmasters cleared, next time i can do it deathless, this time had no clue what to expect.
PM or IGN SimbolRO
"
frost21 wrote:
Have any of you switched from Ziggy D's skill tree to Windz? (Has a guide up in this forum he put up yesterday I believe).

I was about to make the switch today it seems Windz tree has more damage but a bit less life I think? It'll cost more than 30 respec points at the least too, any thoughts on this before I do it?

Will deff be tryin to replace the tremor rod too

The Dagger + Shield version is probably a lot more viable for endgame guardians + uber atziri + shaper than the Tremor rod version (due to more damage front-loaded + Shield charge + fortify making you tanky).. Tremor rod version is a bit gimmicky and you have to use flame dash for movement which is awkward and unreliable to dodge stuff. It's great for T1-T15 maps, but beyond that I'd look to make the swap if you're wanting to do the endgame stuff. The thing about it is it's more reliant on having a 6-link than tremor due to having to run remote mines in the setup. If you can't afford the 6-link carcass you're probably just better off sticking with 5L tremor rod til you can afford the 6L Carcass + Dagger + shield.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Aug 16, 2017, 5:10:23 AM
"
frost21 wrote:
"
bolerodefeu wrote:
I'm facing the same conundrum. Do I switch? The dagger / shield / carcass jack is going to cost me a lot, and then I'll have to rebalance all my gear.

I'm feeling pretty confident in my current set up, although I really like shield charge over flame dash, especially with the fortify. I think tremor would still be better for maps, but then again that's only a weapon thing so you could change your skill tree and just swap weapons.

M

Yeah same, I think the dagger can easily cost 50c + for one similar to his, not including the shield. I think you can get a Carcass Jack for like 30-40c though. Obviously will have to 5L or 6L it yourself though, and still find a shield.

I think even Ziggy's build/tree can run racecourse fine and farm it decently but I figured without shield charge it'll be much slower and could lack the damage to clear it as fast.

I'm just trying to get the gear together before I decide to fully switch my tree though, wonder how many regret orbs I'll have to use too since only have 20respec points or so right now.

Anyone else got any comments between the two builds?

What you mean could lack dmg to clear it? I posted a vid of running a T15 rare corrupted map earlier with Beyond put on as well. (without using hatred aura or any auras and no carcass jack to show the build can do well on a budget). Did the whole map while not having 1 ring on basically because I still had essence worm on without running the aura. (which does nothing for you).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0a_vbLxkE

I also ran T15 dark forest rare + corrupted after that with beyond (no ring, no auras, and no carcass) and even the boss was a breeze (running decoy totem to bait out his wolves so I have time to DPS). Would not advise doing that boss without decoy totem, very bad idea. Certain fights you want to use spell totem for detonate, and certain ones you want to use decoy instead.

Tremor if anything is superior for mapping (even high maps), whereas the dagger + shield version is superior for endgame bosses (assuming you have a 6Link). I definitely would not transition to using dagger + shield version though until you can get a 6L carcass since it requires running remote mine. I mean you can, it just wouldn't be overly optimal.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Aug 16, 2017, 5:48:53 AM
"
Enzymaticc wrote:

What you mean could lack dmg to clear it? I posted a vid of running a T15 rare corrupted map earlier with Beyond put on as well. (without using hatred aura or any auras and no carcass jack to show the build can do well on a budget). Did the whole map while not having 1 ring on basically because I still had essence worm on without running the aura. (which does nothing for you).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0a_vbLxkE

I also ran T15 dark forest rare + corrupted after that with beyond (no ring, no auras, and no carcass) and even the boss was a breeze (running decoy totem to bait out his wolves so I have time to DPS). Would not advise doing that boss without decoy totem, very bad idea. Certain fights you want to use spell totem for detonate, and certain ones you want to use decoy instead.

Tremor if anything is superior for mapping (even high maps), whereas the dagger + shield version is superior for endgame bosses (assuming you have a 6Link). I definitely would not transition to using dagger + shield version though until you can get a 6L carcass since it requires running remote mine. I mean you can, it just wouldn't be overly optimal.

I have no qualms about clear speed for a t11. I run through t15 haphazardly w/ the tremor version in budget gear. Hell I clear guardians with the tremor version.

I think for me it's the maneuverability, and then the higher single target dps. RIP mods on guardians it just becomes more skill intensive as flame dash ... sucks, and the damage isn't as high so you're having to keep up the movement for longer with an imperfect movement skill.

Tremor is nice in maps. I think even if i switch trees i'd keep tremor for maps because having the secondary explosion is just so good for clearing massive areas that i don't want to dawdle on. Usually I am just mine->dash, explode, mine->dash, explode and this leaves trails of mines behind me that explode after i leave.

Honestly I'm not sure the tree difference is all that crucial. I think it really comes down to the gear. Take ZIggyD tree + carcass jack + kaom's roots and i think you have a better build.
Or be more adventurous and run double Divinarius for 250%+ crit chance for spells, 13%+ more spell dmg and +20% area of effects.

I run that when I don't feel like using my Tremor, since most mobs die in 1 explosion and the second detonation is inefficient in terms of the dps I have to sacrifice for. Double detonation usually works better against boss with detonate spell totem.

But one will notice the mine laying speed difference.

But it is up to individual to scale the build towards end-maps and to be creative.
Which ascendancy order would you recommend? I have so far only done the first labyrinth, but I have no clue to what is the best Ascendancy order to maximize leveling speed.
I would go: Bomb, Demo then Explosive.
Dunno if it was mentioned before, but if you guys are tired of holding shift, or any other key for "attack in place" just to put your mines right in front of you, here's simple solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4pg1xb/way_to_toggle_shift_aka_attack_in_place_without/

Btw. tooltip, the cold and lightning dmg, it's damage of our single mine or of all three together that we put?

Btw2. --

edit: nvm, Tremor Rod fixes absolutly every problem I had with this build, it's quite insane to be honest. Also I was lucky enough to buy nearly a perfect one just for 1 chaos
Spoiler
(60% spell dmg and laying speed)
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 19, 2017, 2:28:15 PM
What You think about Tinkerskin Sadist Garb instead of Carrcass Jack
So I've been playing a bit with this build, and I'm now trying to find some upgrades. It's my first character to make it this far since I've kind of been playing on and off before, so I'd really like to get the best out of it.

Around T11-T12 maps I start to die a lot, and bosses begin to be difficult. However I see lots of people with gear similar to mine making it much further!

Anyone could possibly suggest a few upgrades? I'm currently level 87 at 4.4k hp and 1.9k mana (I know it's low for MoM, but I can't find a piece of equip to replace to get something more benificial than a couple mana points.)

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info