Crashing since 3.0

See Image: this is a constant thing, normal latency is 30-45 for me. After a few minutes of high latency spikes it will peg at 1000ms

and I will crash/DC to the login screen. It's so pervasive that I have only barely gotten through to kill Hillock, and can't move forward because of this.
I stopped with the game for now (after 3.0.1). Even can't start playing. In a few minutes I have dozens of Exceptions. Bought extra ram (up to 16GB), reinstalled Windows, played with drivers around, some directX tricks, even bios flashing and reflashing ... still unplayable.
Much fun on random crashes while doing bosses and mobs in HC

gj ggg.
Same for me. I've gotten "Path of exile has stopped working" message 7 times TODAY!!!! after this new Harbinger update with the new stash etc. I mean, I'm standing in the middle of a breach or a harbinger is spawning shit tons of mobs, and all of a sudden game freezes and I get the error message... What happened? SOmething failed completely in the last mini update GGG. Pls fix, I can't play on HC like this... and i finally got my headhunter.. how retarded would it be to rip a few hrs after you achieved a HH, due to client crash caused by the recent update? :<

EDIT: Game runs completely fine until the crash, just the same small lag spikes because i play crit build with gloom herald on herald of ice x]
Last edited by KoolaidBro on Aug 25, 2017, 8:22:28 PM
Me as well did experience crashes when switching between areas in the same map, when normally getting a fade out and in. Instead the game stopped at the blank screen and then showed the crash dialog.

I had the same problem on two different computers playing the same character. So I'm thinking it's because of cosmetics which will be the same on the computers.

When removing all cosmetics the crashes seems to have stopped!

To be technical I would guess it have something to do with the shaders used on the cosmetics when the screen for a short moment is entirely black. A graphic card crash because of a missing null check or division by zero perhaps?
I ran 3 maps and crashed/DCed to login screen 5 times in the past 20 minutes, this is just becoming ridiculous.
IGN: ItsNotHerpes / DamnItsHerpes
Bad FPS after 3.0.1, like cardiogram, unplayable. I've tried ,but no game for me now. Waiting for fix. :(
Last edited by Ostankino22 on Sep 1, 2017, 11:57:36 PM
Holy CRAP! .. I have to log in 5 times, EVERY TIME I start the game just to keep it running. Even then I get DCed A LOT! .. I'm not the only one either. We all get this authentication error bull crap.
Crash on loading game from character screen, crash on loading screens, crash when alt-tabbing
The game is unstable, crashes no matter what settings are selected, the problem is on the GGG part and we either have to wait for a patch or get used to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info