Crashing since 3.0

I've been crashing non stop ever since the 3.0b hotfix. I launch the game, it gets to the GGG logo with the turning gears and just hangs for a minute, which results in getting the non responding blue wheel on my mouse cursor.

I would rarely get crashes in 2.6 and ever since the launch of 3.0 and mainly the 3.0b hotfix, the game has become 100% unplayable for me.

Running it in dx9 with multithreading disabled and no-async as that fixed some game related crashes I had in 2.6.

*edit

On the 5th try of loading the game, I was finally able to make it into the character select screen. Proceeded to crash upon trying to load into Oriath.
I dont know what they did, but the first 2 Days or so seemed pretty stable. But since a couple of days I get permanent freezes + PoE Errors + Driver (Nvidia) crashes. I am lvl 83 and Died 8 Times: 3 Times my own fault and 5 Times when I get fucking kicked out of the game in a Bossfight!

GGG FIX THIS SHIT ASAP PLEASE!!!

Edit: I am Running DX 11 and I have tested different Graphics Settings. The Problem persists through all kind of settings. I also have tried disabling Multithreading. That doesnt help either...
Last edited by xX999Xx on Aug 9, 2017, 8:27:51 AM
"
I get permanent freezes + PoE Errors + Driver (Nvidia) crashes

Can confirm. Freezes and TDRs in varied locations, with or without heavy graphical load. Not related to latency. Not overheating. Updated drivers. Error-free SSD & HDDs. Tried Steam & non-Steam. SSD and HDD. Fullscreen \ Borderless. Memcheck - no errors.

"nvlddmkm stopped responding"

Nvidia GTX 980, i7-7700k, Windows 10 Creators, 32gb DDR-4, game on SSD.

Tried video drivers 382.83, 384.94, 385.12

DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/zMsgnH8J

Dumps, DxDiag, config, logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1azvdsxnu6pzw5m/PoE%203.0%20Crashes.zip?dl=0

I think there are no crashes on DX9ex, but FPS is terrible there.
There is slight bump in CPU usage after non-crashing micro-freeze.

UPD: It's also hard to 100% reproduce. Today I had no freezes and no crashes. Only thing that's changed is I've uninstalled GeForce Experience.
UPD2: Aaand it happened again. But only once so far.
UPD3: Happened again. Looks like it's more likely to happen in underground locations like sewers. But these crashes are rare now.
UPD4: Crashed on driver 385.28
Last edited by Razunter on Aug 15, 2017, 12:23:07 AM
Yep, my fiance has the same problem. It happens every once in a while to me, but it's not too bad. We both crash back to login screen due to it disconnecting us on loading a new instance. Funny thing is, when I make the instance, it seems to work for her more often than when she makes the instance. Either way GGG needs to get their shit together.
The only think that made it better for me so far was changing back to DX9
The problem is that the games looks like shit for me in DX9, and it actually runs like shit.
The FPS is just terrible. But at least it doesn't crash on every single loading screen.
I have the same problem as the rest. Running something like a lab is pretty much a risk not worth taking because getting kicked back to lobby when you are about to kill Izaro feels like a knife in the back.

Every time i see a waypoint i drop everything else and try to get it ASAP because i am paranoid the game will throw me back out even tho it mostly happens on loading screens. I used to have a smiliar problem while changing zones back when my PC was a potato but it no longer is one...
Crashes are getting worse, happen during normal gameplay...

Can't Alt+tab either unless i am in windowed mode. Game just throws me back into the lobby screen.
Last edited by k4b00m on Aug 13, 2017, 8:14:50 AM
Removing --noasync flag could help fix this issue. But then, many people need --noasync to be able to play smoothly.
Started crashing aswell, i did not crash even once until the latest patch i supose, until today i did not crash.

This is utterly stupid.
Possible Work Around

I had tons of crashes as well, starting from Act 6 Riverways up. Could not finish a map without freeze + crash. After reading this thread, I tried starting the game with --waitforpreload (see: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options).

This makes the game preload everything for a map, instead of streaming content. I haven't had a crash since.

[EDIT] nvm, it just crashed again -_-
Last edited by Zephota on Aug 13, 2017, 7:48:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info