Constant disconnects when loading zones

Same for me.

Started 3.0 as SSFSC with ZERO issues.
4 days ago i started HHC and ever since, i keep getting these loadingscreen "crashes".
Did everything i could (restart pc/internet switching dx9/11, low graphics, reinstalling etc etc)
Playing with steam so thought maybe thats the problem.
So made a new account to check if steam is the problem, welp it isnt.
Got to ledge without crashes, and after that they happen all the time.
I emailed ggg with this and all they said was that they deployed a new patch.
And that didnt do anything for me, so i emailed them straight away (15hours ago) and no response yet.

So...

STILL

NOT

FIXED
well thats it for me, impossible to play.
Yesterday i payed 60$ for a supporter pack. Not that the money is the problem here...
The problem is your non existent support for a bug that exists for around 2 weeks.
No answer in this thread while it has almost 250000 views and a patch that makes things almost worse.
You can be proud GGG, now grab some money from the xbox players.
Last edited by Chief1337 on Aug 18, 2017, 5:28:19 PM
"
GonthorianDX wrote:
STILL

NOT

FIXED

It is not that easy. I have this problem for a year already and there are 2 and even 3 years old posts about this problem. Just google "failed to connect to instance poe"

There is some serious flaw in the net code
Last edited by dima_dunedin on Aug 18, 2017, 5:33:31 PM
"
dima_dunedin wrote:
"
GonthorianDX wrote:
STILL

NOT

FIXED

It is not that easy. I have this problem for a year already and there are 2 and even 3 years old posts about this problem. Just google "failed to connect to instance poe"

There is some serious flaw in the net code

A year? Can you even play?
I am just disappointed that there is no announcement for this and that the patch that stated it would solve the issue did not fix it either, and even with today's hotfix I still cannot play.

Currently a boatload of people cannot not play as of the 3.0.1 or some even at the 3.0.0 patch and it has not gotten much better.
Still having this problem after patch, albeit at lower frequency and mainly with towns.
So, the patch was useless and didn't fix it, BUT I FOUND A FIX!!!

This may only apply to Steam users, but I moved the game from my main hard drive to a very slow 5400RPM backup/archiving drive (Steam > Settings > Downloads).

The game now runs Perfectly. Before, even when I managed to zone without a disconnect, the took absolutely ages to load (around 1 minute in some cases). Now they load almost instantly without any disconnects! Bear in mind this drive is significantly slower in benchmarks than the main disk.

You might initially think that the main drive is knackered, but i've taken several SMART readings and sector tests and there doesn't appear to be any issues.

My theory is that there's either something wrong with the file table allocation on the main drive (possibly as a result of 6 years of consistent brutal steam patching to the gppk), and/or an issue relating to the shadow copy (system volume information/previous versions). Unfortunately I can't confirm my theory by moving the game to a different folder structure on my main drive, since steam won't allow multiple library folders on the same disk.

I realise moving to a different disk might not be viable for most users, but even if you have a significantly slower disk (possibly even an external USB as recommended earlier in the thread), give it a go. Good luck!
Daily reminder that GGG cares more about their SALES than their game or players by releasing supporter packs instead of responding to this thread.

PAGES

AND

NO

REPLIES

FROM

GGG
Hey, guys I just read in some patch notes that they fixed a bug where you would disconnect when changing areas. Haven't tested yet but ye I think they know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info