Constant disconnects when loading zones

The registry trick didn't work for me, it only ruined my wireless connection.

What finally worked was to copy the Path of Exile folder to a USB 3.0 flash drive (not an SSD, just a 10$ USB stick). Loading times are better and I haven't seen any disconnection error since then.
The registry edit seems to have fixed it for me too. Thanks for the suggestion!
"
oobs56 wrote:
"
rockanddark66 wrote:
For anyone still having this problem, I've recently tried this and it kinda fixed it for now, I'm going to edit if the problem will appear again but for now I got no problems.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate the following registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\DHCP

3. In the right pane, double click DependOnService, and then make sure that the Data Value value is Tcpip
Afd
NetBT

(Copy what you have in that file and paste it in a notepad file in case you need to put it back, a sort of backup)

Tell me if it fixed it for you guys.

This seemed to fix it for me.

How do I know if I'm actually using DHCP or not on my network? Apologies for my ignorance.

Nevermind, I just had a couple lucky hours. D/C's have resumed as per your normally scheduled broadcasting.
Almost 2 weeks in, still not one single response on this issue. They respond to other issues, but not in here. At this point I guess they decided to wait it out until we just stop posting or what? Oh well, wallet-closing-time until its resolved.
It is honestly weird that they haven't answered at all in this thread when so many people seems to b experiencing the same problem... I wonder if they are trying to figure out the problem before coming here with a solution but at this point a simple acknowledgment post will be good.
For anyone still having this problem, I've recently tried this and it kinda fixed it for now, I'm going to edit if the problem will appear again but for now I got no problems.

3. In the right pane, double click DependOnService, and then make sure that the Data Value value is Tcpip
Afd
NetBT

(Copy what you have in that file and paste it in a notepad file in case you need to put it back, a sort of backup)

Edit2: The registry "trick" doesn't work sometimes after I restart my PC, so I put whatever it was in the registry file before I edited it, I put it back, for me it was NSI Tdx Afd and it works again PoE whitout disconnects. Editting that registry between Tcpip Afd NetBT and NSI Tdx Afd makes me able to play PathofExile whitout any disconnects(at least for now). Again, what is working for me might not work for you, I don't even think of this as a permanent fix, it's just something temporarely that makes me able to play whitout disconnects(and gets rid of the packet loss too somehow). Specifying I have wired connection.
"
oobs56 wrote:
How do I know if I'm actually using DHCP or not on my network? Apologies for my ignorance.

If I understand correctly, DHCP is a protocol with dynamic IP addresses. So if your provider settings include certain IP address (your router set at static IP), you don't use DHCP
Can't play the game like this, you need to be the luckiest man alive to complete the lab
I get stuck in loading screens, even to hideouts...

The crash happens when the "loading gears" disappear

The only way to get out of the loading screen is to kill the client via ALT F4 or Task manager.

I have an SSD, not sure if this is what causes the problems.

My problems started a few day's ago and it's getting worse and worse.

First it was in like every 10 portals. Now it's close to every 5 portals where the client gets stuck in loading screen.
"
rockanddark66 wrote:

Afd
NetBT

It seems, that it worked for me- at least for now. I was getting DC every 2-4 instances, now after editing the registry, I got disconnected only once within 10 hours.- but it was at evening, where servers were lagging as balls, probably due to high amount of players online, so I won't count that one.

So- that one day it was playable, let's see how it will go today. :P

Thanks for pinging me in-game - it saved me from getting rage charges. ^^

And I got hyped for these performance improvements announced for 3.0... It's all the same. They've only added fancy gems- 'Blur' curse linked with 'Cast When FPS Drops'.

Let me stick an Orb of Disappointment to this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info