Fixing Bandit Rewards in 3.0

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the bandit rewards on my character from 2.6, but it seems a bit off.

Currently, I have the quest for Kraityn to go kill the other two bandits pending (though I never accepted it from him); and the other two bandits aggro as soon as I talk to them, so that method's out.
Next, I figured if I just use a book of reform to switch to the one I actually want, it would fix it. However, as soon as I go to use it, it says I will lose two skill points (what!?).

Eramir says nothing of significant on the matter.

So I'm currently locked into completing the bandit quest for the bandit that gives this build the least value, and trying to respec it is going to hijack some skill points that I don't even have (as evident from the many passives I couldn't reallocate).

Is there any way to fix this?
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2017, 9:36:10 PM
According to the patch notes, Eramir completion (2 passive pts reward) is default for existing characters. Talking to Eramir is supposed to give access to a one-time re-spec, but I've been unable to observe this.
it seems all of my characters have 2 passive points from the reword of "deal with the bandits"; and this is not what I want
Even worse problem here. My character had Kraityn's quest available. Since the reward he offered didn`t fit my character`s playstyle, I chose to kill him, and then it said that I "abandoned" the quest and just got no reward whatsoever. I`d rather have a bad reward than none at all. Does anybody know how to fix this? Very counter-intuitive...
Just talked to Eramir, didn't offer a respec (or anything for that matter)
I think this is a bug, Eramir don't show any option to change my bandit, even with 2 points left.

Fix it please.
Yeah, seems like a bug
I have a similar problem too.I helped Oak but nonetheless the quest 'Bandits' is still in my active quests list.I don't know if i get the reward though. Is a way to see, if I actually get the bonuses?
My main's bandit rewards appear to be locked into Oak. My current build would probably benefit from Alira.

When I spoke to Eramir last night in both Act 2 and Act 7, he offered no options. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up since when I talked to him in Act 2 I had a quest item from Act 7 in my possession.

Ain't as bad as having no reward whatsoever though. Sorry to hear that.
The way the system works now is the following. You can't pick and choose in each difficulty if you want Oak, Alira and Kraityn. Ie Oak in normal, Kraityn in merciless and Alira in Merciless.

Now you get a one shot deal, ALL bonuses, not just one. Those bonuses are located at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits

So pick a bandit and get the bonuses, all 3, or the extra passive point. Ie two total versus 1 from the prior patch.

I hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info