Fixing Bandit Rewards in 3.0

GGG is generally pretty good at fixing bugs. the only time it takes them a while is when the cause of the bug is hard to track down. then it can take a while
Bumped for the almost 2 month anniversary .

i think the issue they need to fix remain hidden at the root of the problem ;)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Bumping.

Just came back to the game after too long of a break. Trying to get my builds all set so I can jump back into things. Had the quest for Oak, which was the reward I wanted. Went by Kraityn and Alira, who were both immediately hostile which I thought was weird. Neither dropped an amulet so then I was concerned.

I thought I'd go talk to Eramir, maybe I had to get the quest reset, or started or something? As soon I spoke with Eramir I had two additional skill points. I didn't even select a topic to talk to him about, I just clicked on him (he had an exclamation point) and boom, quest reward. Except obvious problem of not the quest reward I was trying to get.

There was absolutely no warning that clicking Eramir would do this! I still have Oak's quest, and haven't touched a hair on his head. I couldn't imagine that would happen since I hadn't killed Oak.

Would love to see this get reset again and fixed so you can actually pick the reward you want.
For anyone still having troubles with changing bandit rewards, i talked to Leo in act 3 and he had the option called "change bandit reward."
Leo?

Eramis in act 2 offers you now (finally) a dialogue option with the three books to change the reward into one of the bandits favour.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Leo?

Eramis in act 2 offers you now (finally) a dialogue option with the three books to change the reward into one of the bandits favour.

this is only for standard league charachters created before 3.0 right`?
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

this is only for standard league charachters created before 3.0 right`?

correct, legacy chars only. (while you indeed have this option also for all other chars, but then its not for free) ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Leo?

Hi there,
(...and sorry for my bad english :( )

my problem (in standard!) is another:

I got one of that books from Eramir in Act 2 - but i took sadly the WRONG :((

Now I can't put that book into my stash, I can't sell it and I even can't destroy it! ("My instincts tell me not to destroy this!").

Wrong book - my mistake - but now additioanlly are 4 slots in my backpack fixed gone :(
Eramir doesn't give another dialog-option... so I would prefer to keep that 2 skillpoints then using an not adequate bonus.

Any idea how to KILL a book?
"
Tardin wrote:

Any idea how to KILL a book?

1. Left click it so it is on your cursor
2. Type into the chat /destroy
3. press enter
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
THX so much! It worked perfectly!

:)))
Last edited by Tardin on Nov 7, 2017, 3:19:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info