Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger League launch tomorrow!

"
Maliffic wrote:
So there is a torrent, but it doesn't work for steam that doesn't help a lot of people at all, nearly the entire group of south african's i know play this game over the steam client not the stand alone :(

That's because steam works different (which is also why it have some advantages). On the other hand, I expect (as, not using it) that because it works that different, the distribution via steam doesnt have that 'problem' to be bound (and limited) by the GGG network.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Auran82 wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Auran82 wrote:
I've been trying to find an answer to this everywhere but how many character slots do you get by default? I need to know so I know if I need to buy more or not, lol.

You get 24.

Thanks for that, still have a couple spare then :)

Bring on the new supporter packs!

I always have 23 slots to spare!
Get rekt boyz
Last edited by Gabster on Aug 4, 2017, 3:28:57 AM
"
SkillOfMyMind wrote:
Bex or communuty need help for torrent with so you'll need to copy it into your actual install folder once the patching server is up . i cant find this folder thanks for help me first time i use that !

should be c:\program files 86 \ grinding gear games \ path of exile
Need Harbinger Support Pack
If you can't control it, STOP.
Downloading and seeding. Great work GGG, waiting intently for the launch.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Last edited by SaunaChum on Aug 4, 2017, 3:36:47 AM
Hi i tried to download the torrent files but it wont work they tell me acces denied why ?
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Maliffic wrote:
So there is a torrent, but it doesn't work for steam that doesn't help a lot of people at all, nearly the entire group of south african's i know play this game over the steam client not the stand alone :(

That's because steam works different (which is also why it have some advantages). On the other hand, I expect (as, not using it) that because it works that different, the distribution via steam doesnt have that 'problem' to be bound (and limited) by the GGG network.

The steam file infrastructure is not that different, is there a reason the ggpk file can't be changed in the steam/steamapps/commmon/pathofexile directory just like the file inside the stand alone folder?
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
y562565 wrote:
just need a quick explaination , do we patch the torrent on the beta client or the old client , and can we paste the beta client to the old client (if thats what we will use ) to save some download

The beta client is 'useless' now (or whenever they shutdown its server(s)). The beta package could be used as base for the regular update patching (not torrent), but it's stated that this is even less usefull because of large changes between beta data and 3.0 live data.

so, either: fully DL the torrent and replace the files in the 'old' client (after realm gone down), and expect another update of 1-3GB then while downtime to be ready -
or: just make the full update from 'old' to FoO while downtime (expected: ~7GB)
Beta client and data can be deleted/uninstalled tonight (or earlier if you no longer use it).

oic thanks for clearing things up
Soon its time and waiting is over!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info