[3.2 Viable] Sidefx Cthulhu Arrow (CA) Destroy Shaper and Elder Maps!

bby gimme dat life version

:)
Hey! I'm interested in trying this build since it looks so awesome, but I had a question:

What's the ED link on the chest for? Do we use it as well as Caustic Arrow?
"
DoctorPancake wrote:
Hey! I'm interested in trying this build since it looks so awesome, but I had a question:

What's the ED link on the chest for? Do we use it as well as Caustic Arrow?

It helps alot for single target :)
I regret choosing this build.

Stuck on level 71, no survivability, no way to farm money, can't equip some gem-links due to lack of strength (level 1 Immortal Call requires 79, this build gives 0). Really horrible theorycrafted build from my experience. I need to farm a lot of regret orbs and re-work this mess or just delete the character. Or is there something I missed with the strength part? None of the items listed under "current equipment" give strength either (except for the +1X from the amulet, which clearly is not enough to compensate for the missing 60(ish) strength).
Last edited by TramvaiZ on Dec 17, 2017, 3:35:40 PM
"
TramvaiZ wrote:

Stuck on level 71, no survivability, no way to farm money, can't equip some gem-links due to lack of strength (level 1 Immortal Call requires 79, this build gives 0). Really horrible theorycrafted build from my experience. I need to farm a lot of regret orbs and re-work this mess or just delete the character. Or is there something I missed with the strength part? None of the items listed under "current equipment" give strength either (except for the +1X from the amulet, which clearly is not enough to compensate for the missing 60(ish) strength).

I had a lil bit of issues at lv 70ish too, when starting to map. Try to cap your resists, and buy the porcupines cards to craft a decent bow. Then you should think about buying a chest with the elder mod recover %life on kill, it helps alot to survive imo.

If it still don't fits you feel free to theorycraft your own build maybe ?
i remeber playing ca when it was meta(a looong time ago and i really like it back then)
Gonna try it again since i am bored of all the emta shit.
Btw am i missing something, but there is no conc effect in ca links(it doesnt works anymore or?)
"
Werynn wrote:
"
TramvaiZ wrote:

I had a lil bit of issues at lv 70ish too, when starting to map. Try to cap your resists, and buy the porcupines cards to craft a decent bow. Then you should think about buying a chest with the elder mod recover %life on kill, it helps alot to survive imo.

If it still don't fits you feel free to theorycraft your own build maybe ?

Where does the missing strength come from? Currently it seems like one would need +strength on every equip.
I loved the idea of this build, but I found that I was way too close to death on hardcore abyss a few too many times. I went through and made some edits to the build. Please note that this is purely theoretical and I have not tested it. I would love to get input on this to see if it is more viable.

Changes

Required level: 100
Stat changes:
273 int. decreased to 263 int
163 dex decreased to 153 dex
24 str increased to 34 str

Misc:
124 damage over time -> 164.
5% movement speed -> 10%

Weapon:
12% attack speed increased to 21%

Defense:
70% Evasion -> 106%
224% Maximum Energy Shield -> 274%
+40 to max. energy shield -> +304
15% faster energy shield recharge -> 35%.
5% chance to dodge attacks added
5% to dodge spells added
10% increased movement speed while on full energy shield added
20% chance to evade attacks while not on full energy shield added.
70% increased recovery rate of life, mana, and energy shield if an enemy was killed recently added.

Spell:
6% increased cast -> 11%
16% increased attack and cast speed added.
20% increased attack and cast speed if energy shield recharge has started added.

Charge:
18% frenzy Duration -> 28%
18% power charge duration -> 28%
5% increased DOT per frenzy and power charge added.
15% chance to gain power charge and frenzy charge on kill added.

Mana:
20% mana regen -> 45% mana regen

Almost everything else remained the same.

Gear

If I knew how to write HTML, I'd make all of these pieces of gear into clickable button images. Sadly, I do not. But this is the gear I would use:
Deaths Opus, Heretics Veil, Soul Strike, The Beast Fur Shawl, Voidwalker boots, Malachais mark, Ascent from flesh belt, Loris lantern, Le Heup of All, Eye of Chayula
"
I loved the idea of this build, but I found that I was way too close to death on hardcore abyss a few too many times. I went through and made some edits to the build. Please note that this is purely theoretical and I have not tested it. I would love to get input on this to see if it is more viable.

Changes

Required level: 100
Stat changes:
273 int. decreased to 263 int
163 dex decreased to 153 dex
24 str increased to 34 str

Misc:
124 damage over time -> 164.
5% movement speed -> 10%

Weapon:
12% attack speed increased to 21%

Defense:
70% Evasion -> 106%
224% Maximum Energy Shield -> 274%
+40 to max. energy shield -> +304
15% faster energy shield recharge -> 35%.
5% chance to dodge attacks added
5% to dodge spells added
10% increased movement speed while on full energy shield added
20% chance to evade attacks while not on full energy shield added.
70% increased recovery rate of life, mana, and energy shield if an enemy was killed recently added.

Spell:
6% increased cast -> 11%
16% increased attack and cast speed added.
20% increased attack and cast speed if energy shield recharge has started added.

Charge:
18% frenzy Duration -> 28%
18% power charge duration -> 28%
5% increased DOT per frenzy and power charge added.
15% chance to gain power charge and frenzy charge on kill added.

Mana:
20% mana regen -> 45% mana regen

Almost everything else remained the same.

Gear

If I knew how to write HTML, I'd make all of these pieces of gear into clickable button images. Sadly, I do not. But this is the gear I would use:
Deaths Opus, Heretics Veil, Soul Strike, The Beast Fur Shawl, Voidwalker boots, Malachais mark, Ascent from flesh belt, Loris lantern, Le Heup of All, Eye of Chayula

Very nice update, could you please put the gems you are using and where? or is it just the same?

Btw how are your resis with all the uniques? I dont see how can you cap them
Last edited by Mording on Dec 25, 2017, 8:06:27 AM
couple questions sorry if they were already answered in advance..

1. Where are you using intuitive leap at? I can't see it on the skill planner. I'm assuming its right above the ranger tree to get those starter projectile nodes?

2. Why do you take the aura nodes below CI? Just for buffing discipline?

3. I see you have the wheel of curse nodes northwest of the witch starting point, as well as taking the +1 to curses. In your gem links listed though you only run temp chains? Is this just for party play?(If you have +1 curses would it mean that your allies could use a curse and you could apply an additional second curse?) Or situationally you wear 2+ curses?
Last edited by Marysvillain on Dec 25, 2017, 5:51:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info