[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

I'm leveling to 39 with Sunder on the first day and then going to see what happens. Each league is different, especially when big changes happen. If I can't get the staff super early, I'm leveling a farmer alt and farming Act 9 with IR until I get WI for the main.

Totally can just continue leveling with Sunder and farm with it for a while, but I need to see how leveling with WI goes, so I'll just pause at 39.

IR?

If there's a chance you'll need a farmer alt, wouldn't it be smarter to level that up first, then buy fast leveling gear and the WI for your main? (That was the argument I used on myself two leagues ago. What I found out was that diverting my energy to a second build was a bit too much work.)
So who all is still sticking with this build?
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I'm leveling to 39 with Sunder on the first day and then going to see what happens. Each league is different, especially when big changes happen. If I can't get the staff super early, I'm leveling a farmer alt and farming Act 9 with IR until I get WI for the main.

Totally can just continue leveling with Sunder and farm with it for a while, but I need to see how leveling with WI goes, so I'll just pause at 39.

IR?

If there's a chance you'll need a farmer alt, wouldn't it be smarter to level that up first, then buy fast leveling gear and the WI for your main? (That was the argument I used on myself two leagues ago. What I found out was that diverting my energy to a second build was a bit too much work.)

Item Rarity. The patch notes imply that Biscos will be rare and expensive. But all you need for chaos recipe farming is just some rarity.

Leveling to 39 takes me a couple of hours (and I'm not good at races; good racers will be there in under 1 hr). Random luck happens. In a couple of the past leagues I've found an exalt before Act 4. In one league (Breach, I think) I found a 5S WI in Act 2. Almost always at least 2-3c by lv 39. And during the first hours after the start, a lot of things can be found cheaply while most people try to sell anything that's not good for them as fast as possible.

So if I don't have the staff within 2-3 hr then I'll start leveling the farm alt. I'll make one in either case because I always use a secondary account just to level the masters 2x faster. Having lv 6 masters within a day or two is very useful.
Still going to try this build when the league starts in 2 days as I've been wanting to play it for quite some time. It still looks very viable even after the nerf.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Do u think it's still posible to do Shaper with this build in 3.1?
"
Bmxant wrote:
Still going to try this build when the league starts in 2 days as I've been wanting to play it for quite some time. It still looks very viable even after the nerf.

looks like it certainly will be. this build def isnt for everyone, but this will be my 4th straight league under kelvynn's mastery, so that should tell you something :D

and most def looks like the way to go for me to get that delicious portal!
"
Sessvisto wrote:

Of course. I'll probably try later tonight with the no-VP 3.0 version. There is just 1 more thing to dodge: the beam. There are people who always dodged everything while farming the Shaper with this build even when it all could be facetanked.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 6, 2017, 5:07:34 PM
Hey Kelvyn, see the leather belt with 11% increased attributes? Juicy! :D

Not sure how I'll go about it in 3.1, no insta leech is sketchy in HC :(
IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
Hey Kelvyn, see the leather belt with 11% increased attributes? Juicy! :D

Gimme! Not sure if that's Shaped or Elder but probably super rare. Or not. And I wonder what other slots can roll that mod.

"
_Gaia_ wrote:
Not sure how I'll go about it in 3.1, no insta leech is sketchy in HC :(

40% per second should be OK even for HC, unless you plan on trying T16. Another option is regen. Instead of taking VP, you can allocate the points leading to the Duelist area to grab some decent regen and more life. My pre-3.1 test char (Wizerkinger) has no VP at all but regens 500 life/sec, and that makes some of the stuff quite easy.
"
Sessvisto wrote:

New video: Shaper without VP

Yep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info