[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

What do u think about unique boots Inya's Epiphany in this build?

And do u recommend Emperor's Mastery in this build?
Last edited by Sessvisto on Dec 4, 2017, 10:55:45 PM
"
Sessvisto wrote:

It's tough to fit power charges in the build with socket gem space scarcity and using orb with arcane surge is more steady dps increase. You wont get the benefits of a fire crit ignite much due to all the small ice storm hits. You likely can get more int, life, and MS on a rare that can still have 2 res slots.

An Emperor's Mastery might be nice, but hard to get given the control the top racers have on the supply.
"
Vinidcator wrote:
"
Sessvisto wrote:

It's tough to fit power charges in the build with socket gem space scarcity and using orb with arcane surge is more steady dps increase. You wont get the benefits of a fire crit ignite much due to all the small ice storm hits. You likely can get more int, life, and MS on a rare that can still have 2 res slots.

An Emperor's Mastery might be nice, but hard to get given the control the top racers have on the supply.

How "% icresaaed int" works?

I mean if i have 1000 basic int for example, and item that gives 8% MOAR int. That gives me 1080 int, right? And if i get next 8% incresaed int item, it adds another 8% from 1000, or 1080?
Last edited by Sessvisto on Dec 5, 2017, 9:41:03 AM

with today's development manifesto it's gg for this build. It was very fun to play, I'm very happ I was able to try it in harbinger league. Keep up the great theorybuilding work!

"
AnarAran wrote:

with today's development manifesto it's gg for this build. It was very fun to play, I'm very happ I was able to try it in harbinger league. Keep up the great theorybuilding work!

Let's wait until the actual patch notes.
Patch notes have landed!

Spoiler
Berserker is untouched AFAIK - league starter Whispering Ice here we come! Oh and Arctic Armour was buffed. Nice! Didn't look too closely at Slayer, looks like just the slight nerfs we already knew about..
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
How about the Vaal Pact nerf? How will that affect this build?
"
Sessvisto wrote:
"
Vinidcator wrote:
"
Sessvisto wrote:

How "% icresaaed int" works?

I mean if i have 1000 basic int for example, and item that gives 8% MOAR int. That gives me 1080 int, right? And if i get next 8% incresaed int item, it adds another 8% from 1000, or 1080?

Increased Int works the same was Increased mods work. Your base Int is multiplied by the SUM of all Increased mods. If you have 100 base Int, 18% staff and 15% Black Sun, your resulting Int is 1000 * (1 + 0.18 + 0.15) = 1330.

There are no MORE Int mods in existence.

PoB makes it easy to see the effect of any items without actually trying them. I've plugged in the 7% Emperor's Mastery for my lv 100 WI Berserker with his 1500 Int gear. The result was very underwhelming. Emp Mastery can replace one of the rares, Izaros or even the Fertile Mind and it gives a very small amount of extra life at the price of a very small amount of damage. Totally not worth the price.

Sacrificing good rare boots for a similar amount of Int is a total loss.

Emp Mastery and Perandus rings made sense for the old (pre-3.0 CI) versions of the build that had 1700+ Int. But that's not practical with 1400-1500 Int.
So the patch notes are here. Slayer got nerfed and lost the ability to get the super high cap on leech per second. That was the reason to try that class with WI. While not instant, that leech was close enough to pre-nerf VP, and actually better for most encounters. So there goes that idea.

Surprisingly, no other class balance happened. Berserker didn't get nerfed in any way, other classes didn't get any buffs. Which means Berserker is still the way to go.

New VP will impose a 40% max life cap on leech per second. But within that 40% cap we'll be leeching at 2x speed, i.e. we only need to do half of the 3.0 era DPS to stay alive.

This will make leveling and working thru the Atlas easier. If it doesn't kill you in 2.5 sec, it never will. Very few things in this game can kill the 3.0 Berserker in 2.5 sec, and they are all in the highest tiers.

I'll just refund VP and go kill some stuff with my char to see how that goes. Without VP the leech cap is 20%, so this is twice as hard as with VP v3.1. I foresee some issues with some of the top bosses, but not too many. Most notably, you will have to move out of the Shaper Beam because that's one of the things capable of doing more than 20% EHP per second.

Forgot to mention a buff: AA will be chilling enemies by 30% in 3.1, just in the old times before 3.0.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 6, 2017, 1:10:09 AM
It'll be interesting to see what the sunder bug fix will do to levelling with sunder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info