[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

I've used 4 builds this league.

This is easily the best build I've played. Blows my Glacial Cascade build away which I thought was incredible (Until I couldn't clear Uber Lab with it).

However, the build is pretty expensive so in my opinion it is no good for a starter build...

The guide is extremely well written and the leveling guide/items discussion is incredible. Thanks for the guide!
"
ejams wrote:

This is easily the best build I've played. Blows my Glacial Cascade build away which I thought was incredible (Until I couldn't clear Uber Lab with it).

However, the build is pretty expensive so in my opinion it is no good for a starter build...

The guide is extremely well written and the leveling guide/items discussion is incredible. Thanks for the guide!

I dont agree. I played this build as a starter this time and the ES Version in Essence League. It worked just fine in both runs.
The only item you really need is the staff. That is all you need to rofl-stomp everything till mapping. The first upgrades are not expensive as well.
The real lategame shit is high priced but which build is really cheap in superlategame? And you dont need the best of the best.

My gear cost me like 50C or something like that and it is good enough for T14 Maps (did not try any higher tier).
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
battousaii wrote:
I don't run flasks other than a single sulphur on shaper and even that I forget to use half the time. You should be dodging 100% of the teleport slams any time you don't you should be assuming it's a death. If you're trying to face tank those, you're going to have a bad time. It's VERY easy to dodge and there's really no reason to face tank that. If you're wanting to face tank it just because or whatever, fine, but know going in it's not a wise strategy.

The reason we facetank the Shaper is because that's valuable DPS time. You move = you don't DPS him and then you have to lose more time getting back to him. Sure thing, you can just dodge his attacks, but it's not a good strategy with this build because it takes 5 sec to achieve max DPS. If you dodge, the fight gets much longer. And time is your enemy there.

"
Ardo86 wrote:
Hi Kelvynn! First of all, thanks for sharing the build!

What are your thoughts about using the Red Nightmare with this build?

Thanks!

We can't deal chaos damage (see Avatar of Fire). And even when you can (in Standard with legacy Pyre), 5% extra dmg + occassional endurance charges from trash isn't worth a jewel socket. You can get a lot more from a socket.

Agreed, I self funded easily at the start of the league.
Was bored, so decided to try respec some life nodes for str and dex so I could use a bisco's MF ammy. Took 5 skill points out of life, which took me from 6.7 or so to 6.0ish. Damage when from 8.3K to 7.2K tooltip, in town. Ran a alched maze of minotaur with no problems. Seems completely farmable like that if you wanted to farm. The 1K DPS drop is recoverable for bosses via ammy switching of course.
"
ejams wrote:

Dont see kaom heart and say it's not a stater build.
it's only need a staff 5s, and you will do fine till mapping.
And i can do t16 without kaom heart.
"
battousaii wrote:
Was bored, so decided to try respec some life nodes for str and dex so I could use a bisco's MF ammy. Took 5 skill points out of life, which took me from 6.7 or so to 6.0ish. Damage when from 8.3K to 7.2K tooltip, in town. Ran a alched maze of minotaur with no problems. Seems completely farmable like that if you wanted to farm. The 1K DPS drop is recoverable for bosses via ammy switching of course.

7k DPS and 6k5 life let you do every thing.
Update:

(5MB gif)
Spoiler

It was never one of my goals. I've stopped at many levels to do various things for the challenges, kill dangerous stuff that's not good for leveling, make videos, etc. But xp is so easy in this league! Path of Beachhead! :)

So yeah, lv 100 and 40/40 challenges done on my own without buying any. I knew this build could do everything, but now it's official.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 25, 2017, 12:27:11 AM
Gratz!!

I'm still enjoying playing this build, but am having a number of frustrations.

I'm still unable to play with engine multithreading due to the scorching ray bug. Performance becomes horrible in busy areas, and framerates drop to single digits with more than one player on screen. Even without multithreading, I still get clients lockups due to SR every so often.

I'm having a problem completing my last uber trial, Burning Rage. I've completed it three times to the last doorway, but trying to go through causes an instance server crash. I can't find other reports of this bug, so no way to know if it relates to this build or not. In any case, I can't progress much further without finishing the final labyrinth, but I'm afraid to even waste time on that trial again.

Initially I did not have any currency to buy the needed items for this build, but have since worked on that and have enough for at least an Astramentis. However, although many of these are supposedly for sale according to poe.trade, my efforts to buy one in game have gotten zero responses over a number of days. I also no longer see any advertised for sale on trade chat when I'm online. I sometimes see Kaom's, but I'm not that rich yet.

So I'm level 86, doing various of maps level 1-9 with no trouble, but it's had to make progress with the above limitations.

Perhaps its time to try another build. I hope to find more with guides as excellent as this one.
Just a quick heads up, I am going for lvl 100 and trying to get a headhunter or two :D. Let's see what we can do :D!
"
NumbSchiller wrote:
"
ejams wrote:

I dont agree. I played this build as a starter this time and the ES Version in Essence League. It worked just fine in both runs.
The only item you really need is the staff. That is all you need to rofl-stomp everything till mapping. The first upgrades are not expensive as well.
The real lategame shit is high priced but which build is really cheap in superlategame? And you dont need the best of the best.

My gear cost me like 50C or something like that and it is good enough for T14 Maps (did not try any higher tier).

Compared to Glacial Cascade it is expensive, which cost me 5 chaos and I was clearing Tier14 (although i died a lot because resists and if i lagged i die).

But you're right.. If i only focused on the staff and getting the more expensive gear later, this could be considered a starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info