[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

Make that his Build work on Ascendant please.
I dont like the marauder and dont want to start over from zero.

♥ The Ice-Witch: Cold Snapping - *finger-snap* *poof* *shatter* ♥
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Kelvynn, I've been thinking of dropping blind in favor of increased duration for OoS+AS. I'm not seeing that 10% chance to blind proc enough, so maybe having OoS and AS up for longer is better in the long run?

Since you can just recast OoS every 4 seconds, increased duration is just a convenience. Blind helps 10% of the time, so it's clearly a win.

With ID I can recast every 8 seconds though, so ice storm is up most of the time with no pauses. I don't really know the numbers or how much it's worth it, but the extreme leeching makes blinding somewhat useless... I face tank Izaro at 75 with no issues at all.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

And the other 22% of the time you'll get 1-shot ;)

Evasion builds go for 90%+ evasion tooltip (which is an average chance, still subject to RNG) and they add dodge or block on top of that, and Acrobatics too. This is not an evasion build.

Thats why i was asking about this setup as budget version of gear before we get things like Kaom's Heart. It is better to have 22% chance to get oneshoted than 42%, even for scenario where your enemy is blinded all the time (otherwise it is ~85% against 43%, both cases effectively reduce oneshot chance by roughly 50%). In case you can't throw 370c to be tanky and feel good, why not make use of your huge pile of Int by getting some nice amount of Evasion with just two relatively cheap items? Ofc it isn't evasion build, but i think it is nice option to have at some stage in the game:)

P.S. if you getting oneshoted with QoTF+Shaper's Touch, you will without (unless you got KH). Thats how i see it, or maybe i'm just missing some super-good defensive things to put into Armour/Gloves slots, like Brass Dome:) Not taking crits might be nice as well...
So is this build using Leap Slam or Flame Dash? Because in the guide it says Leap Sleam is good with the ascendancy, but then in the gem section it is not listed.
So I got pretty annoyed with getting chilled and freeze, and I don't really wanna flask through it all the time. I chnaged helms to Hrimnor's with 40% fire damage and 69 life. I don't think I lost any damage (still 10k tooltip with EO and AS), but I gained more life (lost about 50str, but gained 69 life, so about 40 more), more cold res, and never getting chilled or freeze is amazing qol improvement. Still need to get int on belt though... and I'm only at 1k int still...

My char is public I think, so check it out.
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
So I got pretty annoyed with getting chilled and freeze, and I don't really wanna flask through it all the time. I chnaged helms to Hrimnor's with 40% fire damage and 69 life. I don't think I lost any damage (still 10k tooltip with EO and AS), but I gained more life (lost about 50str, but gained 69 life, so about 40 more), more cold res, and never getting chilled or freeze is amazing qol improvement. Still need to get int on belt though... and I'm only at 1k int still...

I use pantheon powers to overcome freezes, soul of the brine king with capture champion of the frost is amazing :)
"
xamilek789 wrote:
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:

I use pantheon powers to overcome freezes, soul of the brine king with capture champion of the frost is amazing :)

I've yet to capture a single boss soul... Mapping all day and nothing...
Nice build
Last edited by Tecken1407 on Aug 13, 2017, 12:44:01 PM
New video: Uber Lab

I've done Uber Lab at lv 75 with my first set of post-leveling gear and lv 15-ish gems, and it was already easy enough. Now I have better items (still no Kaom's though) and 20/20 gems. Today's layout is really nice, so here's a video.
"
Romulas19 wrote:
Do u have a life Witch version of this type of build?

Not yet.

"
TheValkian wrote:
Is a Pyre Sapphire Ring Still good with this build??

Yes, but only the legacy one, with 100% conversion. Do not use the shitty 40% post-nerf one.

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Kelvynn, I've been thinking of dropping blind in favor of increased duration for OoS+AS. I'm not seeing that 10% chance to blind proc enough, so maybe having OoS and AS up for longer is better in the long run?

Blind is awesome. In a long enough fight it will proc enough times to matter. I don't think a longer duration AS would help quite as much. We don't lack DPS.

"
glidemaster wrote:
Kelvynn, what do you think about the new Soul Tether belt? I've been running it and I'm honestly in love and might use it perma. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

It's useless in the endgame. ES leech is not instant. Your ES will be perma-down in any serious facetanking fight, so it won't help you there.

"
Shiranui3489 wrote:
Gear Updates
1239 int
5131 hp
grinding T8-9 maps without difficulty
I have to take care of my flasks now,
Spoiler

What do you guys think about
. Does the increase duration for icestorm is really great ?

You need more Int for high tiers. That helmet is not good, get Black Sun.

Icestorm is not DoT, so that gem would only add 10% increased (additive) duration and 10% MORE damage. That's weaker than anything we already use.

"
Edeka wrote:
So is this build using Leap Slam or Flame Dash? Because in the guide it says Leap Sleam is good with the ascendancy, but then in the gem section it is not listed.

Flame Dash. The guide is still being adapted from the pre-3.0 version. I'll remove any mentions of Leap Slam.

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
So I got pretty annoyed with getting chilled and freeze, and I don't really wanna flask through it all the time. I chnaged helms to Hrimnor's with 40% fire damage and 69 life. I don't think I lost any damage (still 10k tooltip with EO and AS), but I gained more life (lost about 50str, but gained 69 life, so about 40 more), more cold res, and never getting chilled or freeze is amazing qol improvement.

Interesting idea. I'll check it out.

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
I've yet to capture a single boss soul... Mapping all day and nothing...

You must be doing it wrong. Divine Vessels are 3c, and I've dropped a few myself too. The souls are in the known maps. Put the Divine Vessel into the map device with the map, kill the boss, take the captured soul from the map device, talk to Sin in town.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 13, 2017, 1:58:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info