[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

You see dps from 1 totem. 2 bigger dps less then 4 smaller, you udnerstand? ) it is really bad idea
"
Aitrops wrote:
I've been playing this build for a few weeks now and I don't understand how you get 120k DPS? I have very similar gear but my DPS is only at around 60k and I just can't figure out why. I've been fiddling around with PoB but I can't see where your extra damage is coming from. I have all the same uniques, same sockets, rares are almost the same but still only half the DPS. Can someone help me out here please? :/

Edit:

I noticed something while fiddling around with PoB, if you remove Ritual of Awakening and replace it with Sanctuary of Thought you get around a 40% DPS boost along with a very nice chunk of Energy Shield and pretty much unlimited mana, is that really right, or am I doing something wrong? If so wouldn't it be worth going with 2 totems instead of 4?
"
KatKira wrote:
I added a second taryn's on swap and have gc totem setup there to deal with bosses, I also swap the threshold gems on bosses. Works beautifully so far.

Hello,
Can you show this gc setup / threshold gem stuff ?
I have my Yellow Elder on Estuary (t9) but he just slam my face away (ground tentacles), so a "boss setting" will help me a lot (also trying to do Pale court)

For info, below my gear so far
hey, I'm new to this game. I have a question how can I make my totem use the frostbolt skill because there are no totem gem's that will allow me that. I'm sure I'm seeing it wrong so it would be great if someone could help me out!

Thanks
"
AreYouBlinD wrote:
hey, I'm new to this game. I have a question how can I make my totem use the frostbolt skill because there are no totem gem's that will allow me that. I'm sure I'm seeing it wrong so it would be great if someone could help me out!

Thanks

Just like the guide says you use the suport gem Spell Totem and have it socketed in an item that is linked to Frostbolt. You will be able to tell which sockets are linked because you will see lines going from one socket to another. Just drop the blue Frostbolt into a blue socket and the red Spell Totem in the red socket that is in the same piece of gear let's say a staff. Now instead of casting Frostbolt you cast a Totem that casts Frostbolt.

For a physical example of what I am saying just look at post above yours. You will see that player has a unique staff that has both Frostbolt and Spell Totem in the same staff and you will see what sockets are linked as well.
I wonder if he will update this for 3.2 or maybe someone else will make their own updated version..
"
Shishiboo wrote:
I wonder if he will update this for 3.2 or maybe someone else will make their own updated version..

I actually think that this build will be even stronger due to the changes to the Ascendancy. They are removing the reduction in the amount of damage per totem that you have. That is gonna be a big help right there.
Nice build. Used it as a test for the new Hierophant ascendency, and running tier 8-to-10-ish maps now at level 87, even without the necessary uniques (but other ones). Did manage to 6-link a
, so that helps!

Curious how I will do with a fresh start (with no convenient levelling uniques).
Last edited by SwitchBL8 on Feb 23, 2018, 9:11:24 AM
"
SwitchBL8 wrote:

Curious how I will do with a fresh start (with no convenient levelling uniques).

I actually used this the past 2 seasons from the beginning, and easily went through all the acts with no issues with finding/buying decent items along the way.
Last edited by Shishiboo on Feb 23, 2018, 1:45:04 PM
LiftingNerdBro
Ty for the guide!
Please update for 3.2!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info