[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Str0ng wrote:
Anyone knows how long take to kill boss of maps t10-13 with good gear? Is this build really slow on mid map bosses?

It really depends on the map mods. In 2.6 any boss with out more HP or significant resistances died pretty fast. In 3.0 they all have more life and you will kill them slower, but it should be "ok".
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Dreadtarded wrote:
Hey, how about Duskdawn for staff?
Seems to give more dps in PoB atleast, but then again I'm not an expert in using PoB since i just downloaded it yesterday.

I have never really used Duskdawn too much, and will thus be a little reluctant to recommend it. The thing I am curious about is the wording on the staff. It specifically states that if "YOU" have killed/not killed then you will get crit chance and/or multiplier. Often that doesn't translate to when the totems do the kill.

I'm not sure, but for now Taryn's Shiver is the safe choice at least :)
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
have you considered running a essence worm ring with wrath. since the changes to shock it shud be able to shock most things.

I'm pretty sure it won't work since there is no flat added lightning damage added by using Wrath, it merely scales already existing lightning damage for spells.
"
Do you level with totem freezing pule or self cast? Thank you for any response.

I had 2 Frozen Trails available from the get go when I leveled this, so because of that I just self-casted frostbolt until I could go dual totems.

If you don't have the jewels available from the beginning, I'd recommend self casting freezing pulse until you do :)
"
Malaclypsety wrote:
nice build :>
what would you think about using the 2nd 6link for vortex with high lvl arcane surge?
ofcourse you would only have 3 totems but it might help with sigle target?

i just don't know what else to do with this 6link ^^

I like the idea, but since I haven't tested it I will be reluctant to make a decision on that. Let me know how it goes if you decide on trying it =)
"
"
Malaclypsety wrote:
nice build :>
what would you think about using the 2nd 6link for vortex with high lvl arcane surge?
ofcourse you would only have 3 totems but it might help with sigle target?

i just don't know what else to do with this 6link ^^

I like the idea, but since I haven't tested it I will be reluctant to make a decision on that. Let me know how it goes if you decide on trying it =)

just found out that your vortex can not target frostbolts coming from the totems... so sad i feel like i will never be able to use vortex again :D

thanks for your quick responses btw you put so much work into this! <3
Last edited by Malaclypsety on Aug 4, 2017, 7:36:51 AM
Hey LNB,

Thanks a lot for making this build, I really like the idea behind it and the choices make a lot of sense to me. I will use a build inspired by this one in the upcoming league. I'm playing on softcore and my goal is to reach lvl 100 quickly by mapping efficiently.

I assume you designed this mainly with hardcore in mind, so I have made a few changes to the build to hopefully suit my needs a bit better. The main difference is that I will be using a dagger and shield in order to make use of shield charge. I'm also taking a bit more damage and fewer defensive nodes in the tree.

Here is the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/CgfieTcA

Obviously I'm not taking the staff nodes since I'll be using a dagger. I also decided not to go into the marauder area, but instead head over to the shadow area to pick up extra crit nodes and some attack speed for faster clearing. I also focused a bit more on QoL by taking the extra totem placement speed near the life wheel.

One of the reasons for going dagger/shield is that I'm afraid that a 6L Taryn's Shiver might be very expensive and I think it will be a bit faster if I can use shield charge to get around.

Overall I'm losing some tankyness, but the damage should be a bit higher(according to PoB). Since I will probably be running mostly strands the loss of tankyness shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'd love to get some feedback from you or anyone interested because I'm not very experienced at making builds so I might be overlooking something important about losing the staff.

Thanks and GL in 3.0!
Last edited by Woofa on Aug 4, 2017, 9:00:21 AM
"
Woofa wrote:
Hey LNB,

Thanks a lot for making this build, I really like the idea behind it and the choices make a lot of sense to me. I will use a build inspired by this one in the upcoming league. I'm playing on softcore and my goal is to reach lvl 100 quickly by mapping efficiently.

I assume you designed this mainly with hardcore in mind, so I have made a few changes to the build to hopefully suit my needs a bit better. The main difference is that I will be using a dagger and shield in order to make use of shield charge. I'm also taking a bit more damage and fewer defensive nodes in the tree.

Here is the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/CgfieTcA

Obviously I'm not taking the staff nodes since I'll be using a dagger. I also decided not to go into the marauder area, but instead head over to the shadow area to pick up extra crit nodes and some attack speed for faster clearing. I also focused a bit more on QoL by taking the extra totem placement speed near the life wheel.

One of the reasons for going dagger/shield is that I'm afraid that a 6L Taryn's Shiver might be very expensive and I think it will be a bit faster if I can use shield charge to get around.

Overall I'm losing some tankyness, but the damage should be a bit higher(according to PoB). Since I will probably be running mostly strands the loss of tankyness shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'd love to get some feedback from you or anyone interested because I'm not very experienced at making builds so I might be overlooking something important about losing the staff.

Thanks and GL in 3.0!

looks good, i have only one suggestion for you, try to pick Inquisitor instead of Hierophant. It has more damage.
Hello, I am really leaning towards this build, just because I never played Hierophant or Pizza Sticks. Whats the difference betweent Frostbolt Totems and Flameblast Totems? Does this build have pros over Flameblast Totems? How do they compare.
Hello there! Thanks a lot for the build i will try it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info