[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Hmm, silly question: Does Faster Casting increase the rate of Frostbolt launches or only the speed with which we can cast the totem?
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Hmm, silly question: Does Faster Casting increase the rate of Frostbolt launches or only the speed with which we can cast the totem?

First one. Totem placement speed is for cast totems and castspeed is the rate our totems cast frostbolts.
"
Orisayten wrote:
Yes it is, just use path of building and you will see it.

You wont see much higher dps, cause its simply just not showen in the tooltip.
You chill enemies and get 20% cold pen thats huge dps increase, also you can switch to Hypothermia with 20% quality gives also a lot of dps, but also not showen at tooltip.

Also the highest BOSS dps, while wearing pande and not chill immun is, Frostbolt 21/20 this level is so big, it offers you around 10k dps for each totem against shaper/gurdians and bosses in general, controlled destruction 20/20, spell totem 21, cold pen 20/20, hypothermia 20/20 and slower projectiles 20/20.
Against bosses or map mods with + elemental restistens/equibalirium cold pen always gives us the best way to improve our dps.
With dia flask up slower projektiles gives us around 15k more dps then increase crit 20/20, without flask up around 2 to 5k dps.
Faster casting adds not that much dps.

I play with crit instead of slower, cause of the projectile speed.

I tested all this stats in path of building. I hope it helps someone.

Thanks so much, this helps a lot.
"
Orisayten wrote:
Yes it is, just use path of building and you will see it.

You wont see much higher dps, cause its simply just not showen in the tooltip.
You chill enemies and get 20% cold pen thats huge dps increase, also you can switch to Hypothermia with 20% quality gives also a lot of dps, but also not showen at tooltip.

Also the highest BOSS dps, while wearing pande and not chill immun is, Frostbolt 21/20 this level is so big, it offers you around 10k dps for each totem against shaper/gurdians and bosses in general, controlled destruction 20/20, spell totem 21, cold pen 20/20, hypothermia 20/20 and slower projectiles 20/20.
Against bosses or map mods with + elemental restistens/equibalirium cold pen always gives us the best way to improve our dps.
With dia flask up slower projektiles gives us around 15k more dps then increase crit 20/20, without flask up around 2 to 5k dps.
Faster casting adds not that much dps.

I play with crit instead of slower, cause of the projectile speed.

I tested all this stats in path of building. I hope it helps someone.

So, I'm not sure I am completely following you on this. You are suggesting different gem setups for bosses vs. mapping, right? With your suggested boss setup being:

Spell Totem, Frostbolt, Controlled Destruction, Slower Projectiles, Cold Penetration, Hypothermia

But that makes for a R-B-B-G-G-G setup.. which means problems for getting Increased Critical Strikes and Faster Casting in for mapping. Is this what you meant?

No you missunderstood me.

To clearify, the R-B-B-G-G-G Setup gives us the most dps with slower projectiles. The R-B-B-G-G-B Setup with crit or faster casting, gives us less DPS for bosses. But with higher crit chance you freeze more often ,what results in more dps from Tavyn and we get hiting less by mobs.
You cant switch the gems cause of the color.

But our map speed is pretty good and the boss dps just "decent", with 3 greens switch to faster projectiles while maping and to slower at bosses, for more dps.

I also figured out that i put 3 Points into totem life and restistens, cause i just had the same Problem. My totems die before they can do dmg, even with my level 21spell totem.
With the 3 Points invested they life so much longer. I love it, i just droped some hp notes.. so i run with just 5,2k hp and 2k unreserved mana, its fine to me.
Okay, so the suggestions is --

Mapping: Spell Totem, Frostbolt, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration, Hypothermia, Faster Projectiles

Bosses: Spell Totem, Frostbolt, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration, Hypothermia, Slower Projectiles

Is that right?
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 26, 2017, 5:07:03 PM
Yes thats right.
So... when I look at this in PoB, how/where do I see the impact of Hypothermia, because right now I'm not seeing what it is changing...
You choose configuration then effective DPS, "is the enemy chilled?" check, you also find, "is the enemy a boss?" So you can see you boss, gurdian trash dps.

And see your dps with different map mods. Maybe this will help you too :)

Cold Pen will always give you a lot of dps in restistenc maps and against bosses.
You lose dps if you cant chill, enemy or bosses, cause of pandemonius and hypothermia.
-
Last edited by Orisayten on Aug 26, 2017, 6:38:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info