[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Could I ask why 2 vaal haste? I don't really understand O_O.
"
ShfitedAura wrote:
Could I ask why 2 vaal haste? I don't really understand O_O.

Using two Vaal haste gives you the opportunity to kill the bosses faster since you have double up time.
"
Klassenliste wrote:
You dont understand me. I wann to Play the exacly Same Build like is on the 1.page. Just want to add a Second weapon in which is a totem Setup for bosses

Is this possible? This will be my first totem build so i dont know which 6l totem gem setup does the most single target damage
Hmm, if that's a bad idea -- I'd like to hear why. It seems reasonable to me you could have a second 6L on your swap with something like:

Ancestral Warchief, Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, Concentrated Effect, Ruthless

There is probably a good reason it won't work well, I will patiently await for someone to tell us what the reason is.. :D
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Hmm, if that's a bad idea -- I'd like to hear why. It seems reasonable to me you could have a second 6L on your swap with something like:

Ancestral Warchief, Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, Concentrated Effect, Ruthless

There is probably a good reason it won't work well, I will patiently await for someone to tell us what the reason is.. :D

It's a pretty good idea, but that set up wouldn't work. We don't scale physical damage on tree or have physical damage on our gear. It would have to be a different spell totem set up. I don't know which spell/supports would be better for single target though.
Ah, good point. Yeah, my knowledge about gem setups isn't sufficient to figure out what (if anything) would work well with Ancestral Warchief in conjunction with the existing build. Hopefully someone else can figure it out...
Could someone please explain how Arcane Surge works? I'm trying it and I'm trying it and i'm not putting down ANY damage with it.
"
ShfitedAura wrote:
Could someone please explain how Arcane Surge works? I'm trying it and I'm trying it and i'm not putting down ANY damage with it.

Arcane Surge doesn't cause any direct damage. It is a buff which grants increased spell damage and increased casting speed. The buff is triggered when you use Flame Dash.

The "difficult" part is understanding for this to work the mana used by Flame Dash has to exceed the amount of mana on the Arcane Surge's trigger. You have to be careful not to level Arcane Surge so high that the trigger amount is higher than what it costs you to cast Flame Dash. If the trigger is 100 mana, but Flame Dash only costs 80, you won't get the buff when you use Flame Dash.

This is a "problem" because the trigger amount on Arcane Surge grows faster than the cost of Flame Dash.

This is further complicated by the fact we are using support gems (Increased Duration and Faster Casting) which have mana cost multipliers. SO -- you have to look at the tooltip of the spell in your casting bar, NOT at the gem itself, to determine what the cost of Flame Dash is.

Specifically, on my character currently I have a lvl 9 Arcane Surge gem, the trigger for that is 51 mana (you can see this by looking at the gem). I have a lvl 19 Flame Dash gem, which if you look at the gem says the mana cost is 30. BUT -- since I am using lvl 19 Faster Caster and Increased Duration gems both of which apply mana cost multipliers, if I hover over my Flame Dash tooltip, it tells me the mana cost is 55. Hence enough to trigger the Arcane Surge.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 25, 2017, 10:06:27 PM
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
ShfitedAura wrote:

Arcane Surge doesn't cause any direct damage. It is a buff which grants increased spell damage and increased casting speed. The buff is triggered when you use Flame Dash.

The "difficult" part is understanding for this to work the mana used by Flame Dash has to exceed the amount of mana on the Arcane Surge's trigger. You have to be careful not to level Arcane Surge so high that the trigger amount is higher than what it costs you to cast Flame Dash. If the trigger is 100 mana, but Flame Dash only costs 80, you won't get the buff when you use Flame Dash.

This is a "problem" because the trigger amount on Arcane Surge grows faster than the cost of Flame Dash.

Actually I was asking about the wrong gem, but ACTUALLY I didn't know that so you helped me regardless!! haha! I was actually asking about orb of storms!
"
ShfitedAura wrote:
Actually I was asking about the wrong gem, but ACTUALLY I didn't know that so you helped me regardless!! haha! I was actually asking about orb of storms!

The Orb of Storms setup is specifically for boss fights. It causes no damage because we have Ancestral Bond. The point of it is to build power charges. Outside of boss fights you get power charges from kills, but if the boss fight doesn't have significant add-on mobs you'll need Orb of Storms to do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info