[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
Eternal_Noob wrote:
Any tips on my character? Build is preforming well overall but I'm dying a bit more often than I expected to on T3-6 maps at level 79.

I was having a similar issue, your passive tree looks fine. I had to adjust mine some, dropping some crit nodes for life nodes. You have the life nodes, now you need more items with +life on them. I have three items with 100+ life on them (and I'm looking for more) -- it really does make a big difference. Upped my life from about 3600 to 4300 initially and I'm over 4500 now. It helps quite a bit.

Thanks for the feedback :)

EDIT: Sorry for double post, can't figure out how to delete this post >.<
Last edited by Eternal_Noob on Aug 17, 2017, 7:59:02 AM
"
HighBlow wrote:
LOL, this is not really a cheap build, if u keep it cheap is so bad .

Well... it depends on how you rate the build. I'm lvl 86, doing Tier 9-10 maps and I spent only a couple of Chaos on gear. There are a couple map bosses I can't deal with, but for the most part it is cruise mode..

Sure, it could be better with a 6L Taryn and other top gear but I wouldn't call it bad.
I'm 91 atm and ran t15 t16 maps. My problem is actually with MoM. On hard maps where I take massive dmg it's actually making me die instead of saving me. I land up out of mana and cant redrop my totems or flame dash away to save me. I'm basically stuck useless and die.

Last edited by LemmiwinksGerbil on Aug 17, 2017, 9:25:02 AM
I've actually started doing some hybrid flasks. Not sure if that would help a bit? I'm only 71 and basically starting maps, so I'm not exactly hitting tough content yet.

Also, along the lines of single-target dps on switch for bosses, has anyone had any ideas there? I'm attempting Freezing pulse totems, but am still in low maps where bosses die quick anyways.
Last edited by Mallahet on Aug 17, 2017, 11:56:10 AM
This game was never so unfun to me till I tried this build. I highly recommend sticking to freezing pulse AT LEAST till you get second jewel socket for Frozen Trail, so till ~35lvl. Also I have absolutly no idea why author recommends wasting 4 skill points on MoM early when we desperately need HP and this second jewel socket, it doesn't help in survivng and makes game far harder.
I had Tabula, Goldrim, Karui Ward and two Lifesprig from level one, even with such advantage it felt absolutly horrible to progress since picking ancestral bond and using frostbolt totem, hopefully it will get better..
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 17, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
HighBlow wrote:
LOL, this is not really a cheap build, if u keep it cheap is so bad .

Well... it depends on how you rate the build. I'm lvl 86, doing Tier 9-10 maps and I spent only a couple of Chaos on gear. There are a couple map bosses I can't deal with, but for the most part it is cruise mode..

Sure, it could be better with a 6L Taryn and other top gear but I wouldn't call it bad.

i rate it as a fail build imo, at lvl 80 i got 5k hp and 2k mana wich is good but the dps sucks ...and i have a 5l Taryn ,winds of change and i get around 17k tooltip but it struggles with bosses even from T4-T5.
"
i rate it as a fail build imo, at lvl 80 i got 5k hp and 2k mana wich is good but the dps sucks ...and i have a 5l Taryn ,winds of change and i get around 17k tooltip but it struggles with bosses even from T4-T5.

Struggling = doesn't kill instantly? I doubt 70k dps + curse and other things are taking a long time to kill T5 boss.

Anyway, I think I'll give up on this build, at least for now. It starts to be fun around 40lvl+ and after taking ascendancy, but there are like hundred other builds that are better and faster, and also don't suck at single target.
I'd build it only if I really, really wanted to play with totems and didn't have decently fast clearing char already.
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 17, 2017, 2:51:16 PM
"
HighBlow wrote:

Hmm.... My only suggestion would be Conviction of Power over Divine Guidance.

But frankly, I don't get it -- my character has less crit, less dps, less health, less mana, and I have few problems doing T9-10. Yes, the boss fights are dragged out a bit (as I literally run circles around them), and there are a couple of bosses which simply hit too hard for me to deal with. You can't stand toe to toe with bosses, but overall the build seems to me to be everything the Lifting said it was...

Maybe you got spoiled by some very powerful build prior to this? *shrug*

Sorry you didn't like it, but it seems to work for me.
you guys are running staff? i have issues the thing is that i have a tabula rasa and tweaking my tree at Path of building to see the dps increase from picking a staff with the nodes that give you crit and crit multi is not that good, its reaaaaaaaaaaaaally that important to run staff with the build? or i can tweak the build to not be reliant on staffs?
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
HighBlow wrote:

Hmm.... My only suggestion would be Conviction of Power over Divine Guidance.

But frankly, I don't get it -- my character has less crit, less dps, less health, less mana, and I have few problems doing T9-10. Yes, the boss fights are dragged out a bit (as I literally run circles around them), and there are a couple of bosses which simply hit too hard for me to deal with. You can't stand toe to toe with bosses, but overall the build seems to me to be everything the Lifting said it was...

Maybe you got spoiled by some very powerful build prior to this? *shrug*

Sorry you didn't like it, but it seems to work for me.

maybe i expected too much since i alaways had good experience with liftings builds ,but since i poured so much in it will give it a try with your suggestion , what curse do u think it would scale better - frostbite or proj weakness?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info