[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
katazuyen wrote:
Can i ask how in the hell are the Frozen Trials even working ? neither of them has +40 inteligence in the radius, as long as i stare at all the leveling passive trees , theres nowhere near 40 inteligence , theres +20 inteligence close to the first one and +30 in the next one :D

There only needs to be +40 in range, not in use.
"
Eternal_Noob wrote:
Any tips on my character? Build is preforming well overall but I'm dying a bit more often than I expected to on T3-6 maps at level 79.

I was having a similar issue, your passive tree looks fine. I had to adjust mine some, dropping some crit nodes for life nodes. You have the life nodes, now you need more items with +life on them. I have three items with 100+ life on them (and I'm looking for more) -- it really does make a big difference. Upped my life from about 3600 to 4300 initially and I'm over 4500 now. It helps quite a bit.
I reached lvl 90 yesterday with tabula and dual wands. 6L taryn's is too expensive and i would only buy it if i were to explore into red maps which I am not sure I would be doing.

Since I play SC I don't care about defenses and dual wands + tabula are fairly cheap and provide great damage.

4.4k life and about 2.3k mana with none reserved since im using clear mind jewel.

Ill keep playing it to make more currency to roll other char that will be good enough to try guardians and shaper later on.

t8-t10 are ok for farming currency.

tree and character can be viewed in my profile.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Just completed a playthrough with this build, using a 3L Bitter Dream i found early, 3L Orb of Storms, and Projectile Weakness. That was it. Super easy, super fun.
Build is ok, i'm leveling right now 7-9 maps, and my wears are cheap as ground - it costs like an 1 ex. Everything goes easy, but it could be MUCH MORE easy if i had some luck - i've dropped Belly of the Beast, but i sold it! Cuz i still working on 6-l Taryn's Shiver! Jez, i spend like 600-700 fus on dat sh1t, what a bad luck.
Tip for thread starter (if no one mentioned) - you can get one Frozen Trail by quest in a6. I've bought one in a4, other one come to me as a reward for quest. Also - why dont you level "Shamanistic cry"? 15% increased totem placement is kinda usefull. One more thing, you must wright in this build answer for a question "why did you leveled so many mana?". Only in high-lvl you can answer this by urself.
In all, thx for this thread and gl for everyone!
"
"
Toroc678 wrote:
Just a quick question for all of you guys ,I am currently level 79 and having a hard time getting a 5 link Taryns is it worth continuing to go for the 5 link or would a 6 link of a + spell damage staff do just as well as a 5 link taryns ? Thank you!

A 6-link will be a 5-linked Taryn's, go for that! :)

Yep, the damage ain't far off from a 5-link Taryn's. Just buy a bunch of Dark Mage divination cards then Alteration spam for a +2 to Cold Gems, regal it then master craft spell damage or cast speed. That's good enough, I still use mine and I'm currently at level 87 doing T12 maps. Trying to 6L my Taryn's though, hopefully I get it soon..
One minor issue with this building is the some missions from Vorici can be nearly impossible. For instance, the one where you have to keep the boss at low health for eight seconds. Certainly a minor issue though... ;)
Yeah, Vorici is pain in the arse :-).

Btw, you dont need Taryns when you get some of these Staffs, yesterday i saw a similar one for 18c on poe.trade

https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
Last edited by XpeterschmidtX on Aug 17, 2017, 2:57:33 AM

LOL, this is not really a cheap build, if u keep it cheap is so bad .
What curse/combo is better? instead of that orb storm shit that is useless until end game.
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
One minor issue with this building is the some missions from Vorici can be nearly impossible. For instance, the one where you have to keep the boss at low health for eight seconds. Certainly a minor issue though... ;)

My strategy, although a bit time consuming, is unequip jewels from my tree and support gems on frostbolt before doing the 8s low life vorici missions. Sometimes it works, sometimes it still kills them too quickly haha
Last edited by Eternal_Noob on Aug 17, 2017, 7:59:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info