[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

How's the damage in red maps? tree looks good

Edit: Freezing pulse damage will be higher than frostbolt?
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 3, 2017, 1:59:15 PM
"
Mawwk wrote:

Clear speed remains great in red maps, with the exception of when having to deal with the bosses. In the video, there is a clip of me doing Tier 15 Dark Woods map, in case you are interested. It's short though.

Freezing Pulse is much harder to make work, simply because it is so reliant on projectile speed to feel good. This is not an issue with Frostbolt. However, I know some people have had good results using Freeze Pulse totems too :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Aug 3, 2017, 2:09:45 PM
"
TheLastWound wrote:
hc viable?

Yea I played this in the HC Turmoil race, before ripping the character to standard to test out some of the gear I had over there =)
Anyone knows when we can get Frozen Trail as quest reward? How to level to that moment?
"
Str0ng wrote:
Anyone knows when we can get Frozen Trail as quest reward? How to level to that moment?

I am not 100% certain of how GGG plan on doing this, but it sounds like you will be able to get 1 of the threshold jewels as a quest reward in Act 5. This should be more than enough to start with, but yea getting the 2'nd one should be a priority once you have some currency and can trade it :)
Hello there, can I run a full magic find setup with this build for low tier maps?
"
"
Str0ng wrote:

I am not 100% certain of how GGG plan on doing this, but it sounds like you will be able to get 1 of the threshold jewels as a quest reward in Act 5. This should be more than enough to start with, but yea getting the 2'nd one should be a priority once you have some currency and can trade it :)
Got it. Thanks for the guide and answers! Finally i know what im playing in 3.0 :)
It would be cool, if they wont delete jewels from A5 meh.
"
"
Mawwk wrote:

Clear speed remains great in red maps, with the exception of when having to deal with the bosses. In the video, there is a clip of me doing Tier 15 Dark Woods map, in case you are interested. It's short though.

Freezing Pulse is much harder to make work, simply because it is so reliant on projectile speed to feel good. This is not an issue with Frostbolt. However, I know some people have had good results using Freeze Pulse totems too :)

I will take a look at the videos when i get home later (cant open youtube from work :/ ), i always wanted to do a Frostbolt totem build, especially when they added the Treshhold jewels maybe the time is now :), thx buddy.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Hello Lifting, hope you are having fun prepping for the league. I'm still somewhat lost on what to play, but this build looks promising and I haven't ran totems in a while, so I wanted to ask a few questions.

<deleted due to bad totem player :P >

My other question is around controlled destruction vs elemental focus as I'm new to crit based builds. Looking at PoB it seems that Elemental focus has a higher dps output, but of course you lose the aliment. I guess my real question is, when looking to increase boss dps, would it be better to swap controlled destruction for elemental focus?

Edit: please disregard the EE question. Looks like totems count as your damage which would break EE :(
Last edited by KurodaTsu on Aug 3, 2017, 2:58:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info