[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Kiehn123 wrote:
hey man, just been looking in the link from the original creater, why did u choose to go belly over kaoms?

and clear mind, is it worth testing?

Not the OP, but Kaom's doesn't really do much for us. We need the links for skills, and the fire damage is useless to us. The flat life is nice, but it's not worth the other stats you'd be giving up in my opinion. Plus, Kaom's is gonna be really, really expensive.
Does "increased area damage" affect our frostbolt?

And what do you guys think of this build? Instead of taking the staff passives and born to fight from Maurader I'm getting Deep Wisdom, coldhearted calculation, coordination, and shamanistic fury.

When we hit 100 we can also get doomcast, and written in blood

Instead of using staff, we can dual wield wand or wear spell shield for more damage and use 5-6 link body armor. Staff is good for beginning. But as we get richer, I think dual wield or shield is better.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOUACQUAAG_53YuMwJoJqtn8wGZFRzLR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUnyDp5ReXdH9ES0snLzqakMI9AVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rIG5QMAQHg9tVxuvkXyofAjbFg_OuEkShpwiPRh0U-tJmnljlKhNaK6PyFm_jao5k96a2-jwF73yf3wSzogDwH2jyHNyPGm0ZIvRsC5MnUzVQQow2VUth4onTcFIqC13yr2wLYcauEMz4kzwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRZo77TzVpleUgpvhc-0g7DiFe2ZUeyD-h76KoS8AAAAAAA==
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Aug 7, 2017, 12:52:19 PM
its hard to kill breachlord tul with this build? im lvl 85
"
Does "increased area damage" affect our frostbolt?

And what do you guys think of this build? Instead of taking the staff passives and born to fight from Maurader I'm getting Deep Wisdom, coldhearted calculation, coordination, and shamanistic fury.

When we hit 100 we can also get doomcast, and written in blood

Instead of using staff, we can dual wield wand or wear spell shield for more damage and use 5-6 link body armor. Staff is good for beginning. But as we get richer, I think dual wield or shield is better.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOUACQUAAG_53YuMwJoJqtn8wGZFRzLR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUnyDp5ReXdH9ES0snLzqakMI9AVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rIG5QMAQHg9tVxuvkXyofAjbFg_OuEkShpwiPRh0U-tJmnljlKhNaK6PyFm_jao5k96a2-jwF73yf3wSzogDwH2jyHNyPGm0ZIvRsC5MnUzVQQow2VUth4onTcFIqC13yr2wLYcauEMz4kzwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRZo77TzVpleUgpvhc-0g7DiFe2ZUeyD-h76KoS8AAAAAAA==

Frostbolt is not an area skill, so increased area damage doesn't help us.
"
Nikitonn wrote:
its hard to kill breachlord tul with this build? im lvl 85

I haven't tried, but Lifting was very upfront about the fact that this is not a boss-killing build, because the damage isn't high enough. You shouldn't approach this build expecting to be able to do all content.
Hi

Won't Controlled Destruction gimp all the crit? My Crit support gem does nothing when Controlled Destruction is in.
Last edited by MartinSteger on Aug 7, 2017, 1:36:26 PM
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Kiehn123 wrote:
hey man, just been looking in the link from the original creater, why did u choose to go belly over kaoms?

and clear mind, is it worth testing?

Not the OP, but Kaom's doesn't really do much for us. We need the links for skills, and the fire damage is useless to us. The flat life is nice, but it's not worth the other stats you'd be giving up in my opinion. Plus, Kaom's is gonna be really, really expensive.

had more or less the same tought, but what about Clear mind?
Hi

Won't Controlled Destruction gimp all the crit? My Crit support gem does nothing when Controlled Destruction is in.

Can someone please answer this?
"
MuttWalrus wrote:
Hi

Can someone please answer this?

Difference between "increased/decreased" and "more/less".

Controlled destruction gives you a -100% modifier on the total increased/decreased portion of crit chance formula so you just need to have +100% increased crit strike chance across gear and passive tree to cancel it out.

edit: deleted random damage formula
Last edited by cthoma13 on Aug 7, 2017, 2:25:36 PM
I'm up to lvl 82 with this build and just like lifting said this is insane for map clearing... the only downside is boss damage. Basically all ne maps I do I only kill the final boss once to get atlas completion and from then on out skip entirely. I have been relatively unlucky with drops up to this point so everything outside my taryn's staff has been SSF.

I think im going to swap to scorching ray eventually for boss kills/shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info