[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Wow. Getting the Frozen Trail Jewels is crazy. Turned on the automatic notification on poe.trade -- messaged 15 people within 10 seconds of their jewel being posted on poe.trade, didn't get a single response.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 7, 2017, 4:48:41 PM
"
projectsix wrote:

I had no issues whatsoever with this as my starter build. You talk about 5c as if its 5ex.. it's really not difficult to get. A couple can drop, you should get a couple more from the chaos shards with the harbringer, trade in other forms of currency to chaos on the currency market, etc.. I don't know how much cheaper you expect a starter build to be to get started.

[...]

I highly recommend this build as a league starter. I've had pretty much the opposite experience from you. But to each their own, I guess.

Yeah, I must have just had terrible luck. I was stuck with a 3-link all the way up to Act 10. I was saving up for a five-link staff, but that didn't happen until I farmed Jungle Valley for Flora's Gift.

Even then, all the money I have came from tips from sharing Uber Lab trials on #820. Thanks everyone, but eugh. This has not been my league. Nothing even playable dropped, and every time I tried crafting the result was garbage. Even the Harbingers weren't paying out. This just hasn't been my league. Things are picking up now that I've got decent gear and Ritual of Awakening.

"
Weertangel wrote:

and @Atlasjackson, with the new orb of Binding on Harbinger it should't be hard at all to get decent 4-linked rares(i had alot of usefull ones from them) or use the spell damage Essence on weapons for a huge boost.(wait, that does't give it to totems does it? ugh)

Wait, it doesn't? That would explain a few things.
"
AtlasJackson wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:

I had no issues whatsoever with this as my starter build. You talk about 5c as if its 5ex.. it's really not difficult to get. A couple can drop, you should get a couple more from the chaos shards with the harbringer, trade in other forms of currency to chaos on the currency market, etc.. I don't know how much cheaper you expect a starter build to be to get started.

[...]

I highly recommend this build as a league starter. I've had pretty much the opposite experience from you. But to each their own, I guess.

Yeah, I must have just had terrible luck. I was stuck with a 3-link all the way up to Act 10. I was saving up for a five-link staff, but that didn't happen until I farmed Jungle Valley for Flora's Gift.

Even then, all the money I have came from tips from sharing Uber Lab trials on #820. Thanks everyone, but eugh. This has not been my league. Nothing even playable dropped, and every time I tried crafting the result was garbage. Even the Harbingers weren't paying out. This just hasn't been my league. Things are picking up now that I've got decent gear and Ritual of Awakening.

"
Weertangel wrote:

and @Atlasjackson, with the new orb of Binding on Harbinger it should't be hard at all to get decent 4-linked rares(i had alot of usefull ones from them) or use the spell damage Essence on weapons for a huge boost.(wait, that does't give it to totems does it? ugh)

Wait, it doesn't? That would explain a few things.

It does. I don't know where he got that idea. Increasing spell damage does improve the damage of your totem spells.
Anyone else having huge problems running Projectile Weakness Curse. I got a dex node + dex ammy and I can't level it past level FIVE. I landed up switching to Frostbite and also considering Assassin's Mark. Now I'm new to MoM. Is this the reason why we only use clarity and no other auras to keep enough mana for it to absorb? I've been using Double Heralds just for the 1.5k dps addition but I'm wondering if this is a bad idea because of MoM? Also thinking of dropping both heralds and doing clarity / arctic armour for more survivability.
"
AtlasJackson wrote:

Wow, you really have had terrible luck this league. To be fair, this is my second character this league (my first was a Frost Blades Raider, and that went extremely poorly) but this build has ran through the campaign incredibly easily for me. I was rolling with a 4-link since pretty much the very start because one dropped for me, then around level 45-50 I checked poe.trade and there was a 5-link staff for 1 alch. Obviously a 1 alch 5-link will have sub-optimal mods, but it was still a very nice damage increase. I've been rolling with that ever since and it's been great. I haven't really started mapping yet, but I'm going to need to replace pretty much all of my gear before I can go far into the Atlas.

It definitely helped that I pretty much rushed straight for the jewel sockets, though. it would've been painful to try to go through the game without them.
I don't understand the controlled destruction part
Ive been playing this as 3.0 league starter and im up to yellow maps. Its going great, but i really hate that i have to use flame dash / lightning warp or just walk. Its just sooooooo slow. Maybe im just spoiled since i primarly play with whirling blades on other builds.
What would be the best way to make whirling blades viable here? Id have to loose the staff and the staff crit nodes. I thought (while keeping hierophant):
1. respec the 10 staff nodes into spell/cold damage
2. get divinarius
3. replace controlled destruction with crit damage support

Are there better alternatives that i am forgetting? Im really really need to use whirling blades for mapping to be fun :S
"
jan_zippo wrote:

Are there better alternatives that i am forgetting? Im really really need to use whirling blades for mapping to be fun :S

i'm using this and with the totems killing everything, you're basicly having 100% uptime
First of all, this is a pretty good build. thanks to Nerd bro!
Im thinking about Tukohama's Fortress and a good wand instead of the staff. what do you guys think? is it worth to try it out ?
Just wanted to say been following you for awhile on youtube and twitch when i first got back into POE a few leagues back. Been playing this build for the new League and just got my 5link Tary's staff and ran a few maps. It been so nice to lvl as and to map with. Very well done man really enjoying the play style and overall feel of the build. As you stated in disclaimer the single target dmg isnt the best but it gets the job done with a little time. Thanks again for all the hard work into creating the build and guides. Keep up the great work!
twitch.tv/hudi3n3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info