the damage of player Ignites, Poisons, and Bleeding has been greatly increased

I think it's important to know that while the damage while moving maybe have been secretly buffed, the base damage per second was already 70% in path of building, so it's not like anyone's numbers were off.
I figure this is a decent place to ask this about Ignite.

Obviously it doesnt dpuble dip anymore,but ignites will still be affected by fire resist correct? Like running Flammability and Ele weak etc
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Obviously it doesnt dpuble dip anymore,but ignites will still be affected by fire resist correct? Like running Flammability and Ele weak etc

Ignites still deal Fire Damage, so they are still affected by Fire Resist, yes. :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Ignites still deal Fire Damage, so they are still affected by Fire Resist, yes. :)

Look at it from the bright side, at least it won't double dip anymore.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 4, 2017, 8:09:24 AM
Will crits produce bigger bleed/poison/ignites? That's the only thing I still don't understand when people say scaling off of base damage.
"
What91x wrote:
Will crits produce bigger bleed/poison/ignites? That's the only thing I still don't understand when people say scaling off of base damage.
Only with Perfect Agony, I believe. I could be wrong. Base damage is the appropriate weapon or spell damage after modifiers are applied to them, but before crits are applied.
"
What91x wrote:

Nope, they have nothing to do with how much damage your hit did anymore. Unless you use perfect agony but even that will not care if it was 1 damage or 10k, it will just apply your crit multi to DoT if you did a crit.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 4, 2017, 8:45:47 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

Yeah i assumed that. Something i read with the changes made me think differently. Thank ya.

The difference is now the damage is calculated every tick of ignite, correct? So say if you used lightning to proc EE then hit with ignite and didnt reproc EE the following ticks would decrease in damage right?
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Aug 4, 2017, 11:17:46 AM
Resists have always been checked retroactively, if you want to use EE with Ignites, you want to hit with non-Fire Damage after applying the Ignite (or simply Ignite with non-Fire Damage).
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Resists have always been checked retroactively, if you want to use EE with Ignites, you want to hit with non-Fire Damage after applying the Ignite (or simply Ignite with non-Fire Damage).

Oh. Hmm. I thought differently. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info