the damage of player Ignites, Poisons, and Bleeding has been greatly increased

Thanks for the confirmation! That's what I thought it was, but sometimes the wording feels funny when it's being talked about ("it deals half damage while the target is stationary!" isn't really true - that's the normal damage, and the damage is doubled if they're moving). It makes sense that the stationary damage is the "baseline" however, with the way Crimson Dance is worded since it refers to "extra damage while moving".

"
Yes, but how many active stacks of these ailments can be on a target?

That is entirely unclear on DoT skills. This needs to be displayed on the gem and tooltip if there are modifiers (such as the +1 stack for emberwake, et al).

Makes no sense to keep working on a target with something when your DoT's can do nothing greater than what they are, especially for builds focusing on DoT rather than attack/spell damage.

At least get someone to add this information to the wiki so we can look it up.

The in-game Help Panel coming in 3.0 under ailments states that "Multiple poisons can stack" under Poison.

Since Poison shows an exception, this would mean "the exception proves the rule" so it indicates that the other ailments cannot stack (barring other special exceptions added by things like Unique items which can always break the rules!)
Last edited by taggedjc on Aug 3, 2017, 9:58:55 PM
"
Greatly my ass it's fucking dog doo doo.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
sherkhan wrote:
It's interesting. The person who asked is a frequent Redditor, and even he didn't know the 70+70 thing about bleed. We tested it in-guild and realized the numbers fairly quickly.
Apparently neither did I. Post updated.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
It's interesting. The person who asked is a frequent Redditor, and even he didn't know the 70+70 thing about bleed. We tested it in-guild and realized the numbers fairly quickly.
Apparently neither did I. Post updated.

Triple damage while moving? Every other source (patch notes included) says it's double damage. Now I'm confused :(

If that's definitely right, the patch notes need an update at least.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 3, 2017, 11:38:43 PM
This would explain why I was somehow doing okay damage with bleeding in beta (despite zero investment other than being a Gladiator), I mean not great damage, but enough damage to do what it's supposed to do which is leave enemies alone and let them die after getting them to low health.

Also explains why Crimson Dance seemed to do no damage whatsoever.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The second. Base bleeding damage is 70%, while moving it deals an additional 70%

Apparently my information is out of date, bleeding deals additional damage equal to twice the base, for a total of 3 times base damage while moving (210%)

That seems contrary to everything stated... everywhere. And it kinda makes Crimson Dance's balance point seem significantly worse since it takes away the movement bonus... now 8 stacks of bleed w/ it would only be 33% more damage than a single stack of non-Crimson-Dance bleed on a moving target, while forcing you to work much harder to maintain that bleed dps. I think that keystone's numbers were balanced with bleed dealing double damage to moving targets in mind, that could use another balance pass if you're right.

Are you sure that's how it works (and how it's *meant* to work)? Are you sure it's not 70% while stationary and REPLACED by 140% damage while moving, rather than 140% ADDED while moving?
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 4, 2017, 12:21:33 AM
OK, after reading Mark's post 5 times and interpreting in 5 different ways, it does look it means bleed is 70% static and 210% moving.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Aug 4, 2017, 12:24:44 AM
"
Mark's post doesn't read like moving damage does 3x static damage.
I take it to mean static bleed does 200% of base damage while stationary, and 300% of base damage while moving.

His first post (that he edited) does though. Head back to his first post, he updated to say bleed does 70% to stationary, plus an additional 140% to moving.
Yeah reading comprehension fail on my part. Edited my post.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
"
sherkhan wrote:

Reddit has had a lot of confusion about this point - primarily because well known people (not tagged) have been spreading misinformation. More ineptitude than malice.

It isn't so much that I didn't know it, that all of these numbers have been in constant flux over this time and throughout the beta, and there's no way to know in-game without actually crunching the numbers yourself (and tooltips can lie!) so I thought it better to get the clarification directly.

Plus there have been many, many times where I try to help educate people and someone demands a source for my assertions and it is nice to have a definitive GGG quote backing up my claims that I can point out :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info